Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #1421
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
When we saw Saul getting ready for work and on the phone with Francesca towards the end of the episodes, when he asks what else she has: "Another public masturbator? Which one? ... A new guy?! Huh. Everyone must be doing it."

Jump to about 45 seconds if you don't want to watch the whole video.
Totally forgot DJ Qualls was in BB!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #1422
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I didnt know Gus was gay.

Man. My gaydar needs work.
My finely tuned gaydar suspected it early on.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2022, 03:51 PM   #1423
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't it already known (or at least heavily implied) that Gus was gay from the Breaking Bad episode that showed his backstory and history with Hector?
Old 07-21-2022, 04:56 PM   #1424
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gus devoted his entire life to getting revenge on the cartel for Max and built a fountain memorial for him, they were definitely lovers.

I remember Hector referring to them as the "Butt Brothers" instead of the "Chicken Brothers" and Lalo saying Gus wanted revenge on the cartel because they killed his boyfriend.

edit: apparently Better Call Saul showrunner Peter Gould confirmed this in a podcast a couple days ago, when talking about the wine bar scene.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #1425
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

The story currently doesn't tie into why Saul fears that Lalo or Nacho would pop up out of nowhere (like when he first met Walter and Jesse), I am thinking the next few episodes will have the Salamancas (Tuco and the cousins) threatening Saul and Gus/Mike will fend them off.

The last time we saw Gene, he was recognized by the taxi driver at the mall and he called the vacuum guy to order another change of identity. But at the end Gene changed his mind and said he would fix the situation himself. I wonder what it would be.

And the teaser for next episode has a voiceover from Saul saying "One Armani suit for you, Two Air Jordans for you...." I am guessing Walt and Jesse will finally appear. And I am really hoping that Badger and Pete will appear as well.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:45 PM   #1426
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think people are making too much of a big deal regarding the Lalo comment from Saul when he’s kidnapped in BB.

I don’t think it’s a stretch for Saul to ask if they were sent by Lalo when he’s in that panicked state. He knows Lalo is dead …but he still might jump to the conclusion that his kidnappers are part of Lalo’s ‘crew’.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:40 PM   #1427
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He doesn't know Lalo is dead. He knows Howard is dead, but has no idea that Gus killed Lalo and that Lalo and Howard are buried together. That's why it is perfectly believable that in the second season of Breaking Bad, he fears Walt and Jesse are there as Lalo's henchmen.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #1428
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
man, do I envy people who haven't seen either BCS or BB who can watch the entire thing in chronological order. If you were to release BCS and then BB in one package, you have the greatest show in TV history by some margin.
I'm doing just that; I've only watched the first couple episodes of Breaking Bad. I know Gus, Mike and Saul are in BB, and know that at least one of those characters meets a gruesome demise, but otherwise I only know a flimsy outline of the plot of BB.

So far I've greatly enjoyed BCS, and I'm glad that I didn't really get into it until just a few weeks ago and binged from start to season 6, episode 7 (Howard's end...). I don't think I would have had as much of an appreciation for the story (-ies) they've told if I wasn't able to binge a few episodes at a time; the storylines are so intertwined and serialized that it would be very easy to forget key plot points if I had to wait months/years between seasons.

Also, in fairness to White Out 403 and others, e.g.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I have madly fallen in love with Rhea Seehorn.
Me too. She reminds me a lot of a former acquaintance. Kim's physical characterization gives her a kind of believability that most TV shows and movie characters don't have. She isn't made up to look like a super-model, but the character still obviously takes care of herself and is concerned with presenting an outwardly 'prepared' look (... which I find super-attractive...). The costume design and makeup are very believable for a professional woman in her mid-30s in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Little touches like the curled ponytail are exactly the sort of thing that I see in real-life professional women in their 30s; it's feminine, but the way it's always so neatly and carefully arranged is emblematic of the kind of fastidiousness that lawyers tend to have.

It's also super-interesting to me that Rhea Seehorn plays a character that is about 10-15 years younger than she actually is. It's not uncommon for a 25-year-old to be playing a 16-year-old in a teen drama, but it's very unusual for a 50-year-old to be playing a 37ish-year-old. That Seehorn pulls it off so seemingly easily is all the more proof she's a total babe.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 07:20 PM   #1429
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Also, in fairness to White Out 403 and others, e.g.:

Me too. She reminds me a lot of a former acquaintance. Kim's physical characterization gives her a kind of believability that most TV shows and movie characters don't have. She isn't made up to look like a super-model, but the character still obviously takes care of herself and is concerned with presenting an outwardly 'prepared' look (... which I find super-attractive...). The costume design and makeup are very believable for a professional woman in her mid-30s in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Little touches like the curled ponytail are exactly the sort of thing that I see in real-life professional women in their 30s; it's feminine, but the way it's always so neatly and carefully arranged is emblematic of the kind of fastidiousness that lawyers tend to have.

It's also super-interesting to me that Rhea Seehorn plays a character that is about 10-15 years younger than she actually is. It's not uncommon for a 25-year-old to be playing a 16-year-old in a teen drama, but it's very unusual for a 50-year-old to be playing a 37ish-year-old. That Seehorn pulls it off so seemingly easily is all the more proof she's a total babe.

The ending we all knew couldn't happen.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:12 PM   #1430
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I’m just glad Nippy got home safely.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 08:14 PM   #1431
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Carol flippin Burnett.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 08:53 PM   #1432
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

0/10 for me. Terrible episode. He could have just sent the kid on a trip to Belize.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegaErtz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #1433
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs down

A rare L episode for me
Didn't enjoy it at all
Old 07-25-2022, 09:28 PM   #1434
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, I mean the whole elaborate planning was cool and very Saul-esque, but just feel like it was a waste of one of the final four episodes.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #1435
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope the rest of the episodes are Gene stuff. We don't need to go back to Albuquerque. The transition is done. We know what happens, I want to see how it ends.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2022, 11:15 PM   #1436
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I hope the rest of the episodes are Gene stuff. We don't need to go back to Albuquerque. The transition is done. We know what happens, I want to see how it ends.
No, we don’t know how it happened at all. All we know is that Saul had become rich (we don’t really know how), then lost everything to FBI (we don’t know how) and then had to run and hide (we don’t know why and how). And there’re only 3 episodes left now. Feels like they are crumpling everything in a quickie fashion, just like Ozark.

I really enjoyed the Nippy episode; it’s just I am getting ready for almost inevitable disappointment by the super-compressed finale.

Last edited by CaptainYooh; 07-25-2022 at 11:18 PM.
CaptainYooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:21 PM   #1437
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

we dont need to see how he got rich. we know how. hes a sleazy cartel lawyer who has a million criminal clients.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:45 PM   #1438
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I felt it was pretty clear how he got rich. He had lineups of customers that all paid up front.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:50 PM   #1439
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I adore these 2 together.

If Kim and Jimmy aren't re united at the end of this show I will need therapy.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:59 AM   #1440
spydermal
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
No, we don’t know how it happened at all. All we know is that Saul had become rich (we don’t really know how), then lost everything to FBI (we don’t know how) and then had to run and hide (we don’t know why and how). And there’re only 3 episodes left now. Feels like they are crumpling everything in a quickie fashion, just like Ozark.

I really enjoyed the Nippy episode; it’s just I am getting ready for almost inevitable disappointment by the super-compressed finale.
I bet it was because of that 50 year old chemistry teacher with a pile of cash the size of a Volkswagen.

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman