Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > PS3 GMs
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Exclamation [READ THIS!] Trade Screen Freezing

Hey guys,

For those that are having issues with the trade screen freezing, I posted a thread on the EA forums asking if anyone else had the issue.

I'll be sending a PM to the EA rep with our league details, and maybe a link to our GM list so he has a list of PSN ID's. But if you've been affected by this (or know more details about the problem than me), please take a moment to voice your concerns in this thread over on the EA forums:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-14/PS3-.../td-p/1508251/

Thanks!

Last edited by Stealth22; 09-18-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Update...the EA representative sent me this reply...

Quote:
Thank you very much for encouraging your fellow members to post about the issue as well, I have gathered all the info and passed it on to the studio.

Should we need any additional info, I will reach out.

Cheers,
Nils
He also posted this possible workaround in the thread on their forums:

Quote:
Thank you everyone for providing your info, I have passed it on for investigation.

In the meantime, did anyone have a chance to test bamb4life's workaround?

Always happens when you go to TRADE PLAYERS, i figured a way to bypass it. Now i go through TRADE BLOCK, then press square to go to he TRADE page. BUT MAKE SURE YOUR NOT ON YOUR TEAM, CAUSE THEN IT FREEZES AGAIN.

Cheers,
Nils
Also, a member of the NHL team at EA Sports replied to the thread asking if they could join our league with a test account to debug the crash when it happens. Jedaco and I have told them that absolutely they can.

I've requested that they join in as the Vancouver Canucks, and that they enable CPU play when they do so that we can continue to play games without disturbing them.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Update with latest replies...

Quote:
So we have been able to reproduce your crash in your league. Ideally we want to track it down and apply a fix and see if we can fix the issue. To do this we need to be sure that nothing in the league changes since we can get the crash 100% of the time. Do you and your league members mind NOT doing anything in your league for a day? or at the very least don't advance the schedule period?
Quote:
So we are finding good stuff and are close to knowing why the issue occurs. We will continue tomorrow so if possible as I said try not to play any games or advance the schedule in the league. We'll grab the PSN IDs from the league and give you guys some HUT packs for your help.

Thanks again and I'll update you tomorrow.
NOTE: Don't worry about the 'not playing games' part for now. If we need to put a freeze on playing games we will, but for now, you guys can ignore that.

So in other words, if its possible to avoid playing games, then maybe hold off until the weekend. But if you really want to play a game, you can do so. It's not mandatory...yet.

I'm letting them know that we aren't going to advance until at least Monday anyway. But at least we're getting some HUT packs out of it!

Last edited by Stealth22; 09-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

FYI: This isn't isolated to your league. Also happening in the Xbox league. It seems that when you receive a trade request and go to view the trade details it temporarily fixes the freezing issue.
19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks...I'll pass that along to EA.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So EA finished testing with our league last week. Anyone with a HUT team should have gotten 2 gold packs for the trouble.

I don't know when they are planning to release a patch. Hopefully it's sometime soon, but I've asked the rep I was talking to if he can give me any information on that.