Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #321
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
After two years of not being good enough to crack a non-playoff squad's defense, his Value is next to nothing.

I will gladly eat my words on that one, but I think it's safe to assume the Flames have offered him up in trades before with no takers.
Babs has limited ntc this season but I would imagine that if CGY goes to him and proposes a trade to a team not on the list, he's not going to object as he would take playing over sitting. Same for Sarich.

Both guys could be good depth pickups at deadline for late round picks or middling prospects.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #322
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original FFIV View Post
Babs has limited ntc this season but I would imagine that if CGY goes to him and proposes a trade to a team not on the list, he's not going to object as he would take playing over sitting. Same for Sarich.

Both guys could be good depth pickups at deadline for late round picks or middling prospects.
If I remember correctly, Babchuk's NTC expires shortly before the trade deadline.

Still, I don't think anyone picks him up unless he is playing regularly and at least on the 2nd unit PP. If Hartley plays him more, I do think he would end up to be a trade-able asset, though at most a mid-round pick to a desperate team (which is still better than nothing). I just don't think he will see much ice time unless the injury bug hits the team.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote