Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Homeless men kicked in groins for money

Stay classy......

Quote:
Vancouver police are looking for some men involved in a disturbing video shot in the Granville Mall that shows a young man kicking two panhandlers in their groins for money on Sunday evening.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ideo-1.2525856

Last edited by corporatejay; 02-06-2014 at 01:38 PM.
corporatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the Canucks (and their legions of obnoxious fans) as much as the next guy, but there was really no need to bring Vancouver-bashing into this thread. Violence committed against the most vulnerable in our society is a problem in every city, Calgary included.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
I hate the Canucks (and their legions of obnoxious fans) as much as the next guy, but there was really no need to bring Vancouver-bashing into this thread. Violence committed against the most vulnerable in our society is a problem in every city, Calgary included.
This happend in Vancouver, so it is perfectly acceptable to bring up the fact this happened in Vancouver.

Also incorrect, is to state "This happens everywhere". Bad things happen everywhere, yes, but this happened in Vancouver, and hasn't been reported anywhere else. This is currently a Vancouver issue, one of many that city filled with dooshbags has on a regular basis.

This is the same defection that Vancouver residents use all the time when their citizens go full ######, and was expecially prevelent during the 2011 playoffs.

Yes, riots have happened in other cities. Yes, there are bad fans in every city. Yes, there are issues with voilence towards homelessness in other cities.

But no other city has bad/dooshy behaviour happen as frequently and as dooshily as Vancouver.

In closing, it is perfectly acceptable and very appropriate for the OP to mention that this happened in Vancouver.

Last edited by jayswin; 02-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Didn't realize my mom joined CP.........hi mom.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loob job For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I edited the thread title and my "intro" so it's not the focus of the discussion on the actual incident itself and not derail it into a vancouver bashing discussion....but if that's where it goes...so be it.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Brutal. No surprise this happened outside of the Roxy on Granville Street. That is the epicentre of pathetic losers in Vancouver.

General rule of thumb for anyone visiting Vancouver, stay as far away from Granville Street as you possibly can.

Not surprised this happened in Vancouver either, there is this strange epidemic of tough guy/moron behaviour that seems to have permeated all of the city.

To comment on the actual incident that video is hard to watch, the homeless problem in Vancouver is such a complex issue and to see them being treated in such an inhumane way is disturbing.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
This happend in Vancouver, so it is perfectly acceptable to bring up the fact this happened in Vancouver.

Also incorrect, is to state "This happens everywhere". Bad things happen everywhere, yes, but this happened in Vancouver, and hasn't been reported anywhere else. This is currently a Vancouver issue, one of many that city filled with dooshbags has on a regular basis.

This is the same defection that Vancouver residents use all the time when their citizens go full ######, and was expecially prevelent during teh 2011 playoffs.

Yes, riots have happened in other cities. Yes, there are bad fans in every city yes, there are issues with voilence towards homelessness in other cities.

But no other city has bad/dooshy behaviour happen as frequently and as dooshily as Vancouver.

In closing, it is perfectly acceptable and very appropriate for the OP to mention that this happened in Vancouver.
Yes, it is appropriate to mention that this one particular incident happened in Vancouver, but perhaps you didn't see corporatejay's original post before he edited it and thus you're responding to me without the proper context. The thread's original title also included "(in Vancouver of course)" at the end, and the OP included the line, "Stay classy, Vancouver". It was an unnecessary and petty slam against that city when the reality is the problem of violence against the homeless is not at all unique to Vancouver. In fact, as reported by the Calgary Herald in 2009 (the original article is now offline, but you can find an excerpt from it at the link below), our city has a very real problem in this area.

http://www.edmontonsocialplanning.ca...6/func,fb_pdf/

Quote:
A recent Calgary Herald article reports that the city's homeless population experiences a high rate of violent attacks:

A significant majority of the city's chronic homeless population has faced a violent attack on the streets, according to an in-depth survey conducted by the Calgary Homeless Foundation that gathers information about the health of people living on the streets.

Sixty-eight per cent of the 137 people surveyed throughout the fall said they have been a victim of a violent attack since they've become homeless.

In fact, Calgary's rate of violence against homeless people is higher than any American city that has done a similar survey.

"It's darn near close to twice the rate found in other places."
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't want to live in a world where I can't kick another man in the groin for money. Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Supply and demand of kickable groins?
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meanwhile, in Vegas, there is a panhandler who has a sign offering people a chance to kick in him the groin for $20. I saw him in October 2012 when I was last there. I think he may have even made it into a couple of youtube videos. I want to say I remember seeing video, or maybe he even made it into the show Vegas Strip where two cops just thought he was stupid and let him be but I can't quite remember this last part.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Recently came back from Vegas, I noticed about 5 panhandler/homeless type guys advertising this service. They ranged anywhere from $20-$100 for an opportunity to boot them in the junk, my friends and I grabbed a bunch of cheeseburgers from MacD's and a few beers and dropped them off to each guy.

Sad that someone would read their sign and think "Hey this is a great idea"
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GomerPile For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too soon?

Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #12
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Near the LRT stop at the U of A campus, there was a young homeless guy ~20s, who would offer to lick dirt off the ground for $5. He was always hanging out there or near Whyte Ave.

It was pathetic and I don't recall anyone ever taking him up on it, but it isn't too far removed from this ball kicking.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #13
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

In Vancouver back in 2008 I had a homeless guy jump out of a tree from above me , do a little jig and say "kick me in the nuts for five bucks!". I gave him a loonie out of amusement. Probably the same guy.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #14
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Maybe the guy is like the Canuck players, they have no balls?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe bum fights is making a comeback?

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #16
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Clearly this is the work of Canucks fans. They are just following the lead of Alex Burrows who has a history of impaling other men in the groin.

I need no other evidence than that to conclude with 100% certainty that this was the work of a Canucks fans, and all Canucks fans support this kind of behaviour.

Also, riot.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #17
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Pretty clear video of the moron who did the kicking. Not sure if the police can charge him with anything though.

Best thing is to plaster his mug everywhere. The public shaming would do him some good.
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #18
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love to comments in the article by "Spoons".

I see that guy all the time, and glad he's above this sort of crap and has his integrity in check when morons are challenging him to do stuff like this for money.
I'm gonna make a point to give him some money or food next time I see him.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #19
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

disgusting a young generation with little morals and think everything is vid/camera phone worthy.

How they can find this funny is disturbing.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #20
Turner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Love the entrepreneurial style.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote