Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default If Treliving does nothing this Trade Deadline

I would like to know if people would be OK if Treliving does absolutely nothing this trade deadline. No buying, no selling, no hockey trades, and not even changes to Stockton. Absolutely nothing.

I would add a poll, but there's no option available to me.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

He already traded for Stone so that is something. I hope he does more but if deals don't materialize then so be it. The team is rolling right now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Too late. Already picked up a #4 D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make. Really depends on the player, if a first is given up it better be for a player that is young with term. Will be very interesting to see what Tre does, may have another trick up his sleeve. Like above posters have said he's already improved this team by a fair bit with Stone.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #6
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I would like to know if people would be OK if Treliving does absolutely nothing this trade deadline. No buying, no selling, no hockey trades, and not even changes to Stockton. Absolutely nothing.
He already added a top 4 dman though. You mean on the day? Who cares about the day? Unless you're looking from an entertainment angle rather than an improve your team angle. If that's all he does, I'm fine with it. That trade is as clear a win as could be conceived.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

i'd be fine with the move he already made: Stone...

getting him and Bartkowski was really smart and i feel very good about the defense moving forward.

Personally, I hope we don't do anything rash or upset the chemistry on the team... we are on a roll right now, and a trade is not guaranteed to make us better.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

He already picked up his biggest need.... a stable partner for Brodie.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #9
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like he's got a trade for a foward in the works. If not it's no biggie, stone trade is paying off so far. The expansion draft is going to create some unique opportunities to acquire some players that may not normally be available. And at reasonable costs. So maybe Treliving gets to one of those.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #10
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

wouldn't bother me. I like the goaltending situation right now, I don't think there's an opportunity to upgrade right now. The only UFA I want traded is Wideman, and I'm fully prepared for the slight disappointment when nobody even wants to give up a late round pick for him. I hope they keep Engelland and Versteeg. In terms of buying I don't want any short term fixes/rentals. If there's another Stone type of deal out there I'm all for it, but otherwise - pass.

Fully expect the Flames to have a relatively quiet deadline.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #11
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoping for a Wideman move (only to free up bonus overage for next season, I don't mind him as depth) and I'd love to see some reinforcements for Stockton but that's pretty immaterial.

Dreaming for an Iggy trade but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, no biggie.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #12
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I think we're in good shape as we are healthy compared to years past where Gio was hurt and guys were generally banged up .

We have this last tough stretch to get through and fingers crossed our top players go unscathed I don't see Treliving needing to do anything unless he grossly overpays.

I'm good if he stands pat. If we can roll four lines like we we have done the Last few games I say we're golden.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #13
Bezer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So if you are talking the day of the trade deadline and he does nothing? I'd be disappointed if he didn't trade Wideman for a draft pick.

As far as pick ups, I don't want any rentals at the expensive of picks and prospects. So I'm okay if he doesn't do anything that way.

If he could swing a "hockey deal" for a long term asset, sure.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #14
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
He already traded for Stone so that is something.
Bartowski too.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #15
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Would like to see something (anything) for Wideman, but happy with what we have done.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #16
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I expect him to be in on every possible deal with expansion draft considerations. Looking to see if they can take advantage of what other teams have to deal with protection wise. Plus still hunting for long term with goaltending and RW.

The rumor mill would say he is doing just that. IF he can pull off something then great. If not sounds like he is very much trying to make moves and really that's all you can hope for / takes two sides to pull off a deal.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #17
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

I expect him to try and make a move with one of our excess defensemen. Other than that I'm hoping the team continues to play as well as we know them too for the rest of the season.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #18
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd really like for them to add a player to replace either Chiasson or Bouma, either by trading for a direct replacement or finding a top 6 forward that would shift Ferland down a couple of lines when/if he's not playing well with Monahan/Gaudreau in the future (and thereby replacing Bouma or Chiasson).
Old 02-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #19
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd like to see another winger brought in to play the right side

Drew Stafford if the price is right (3rd or 4th)
Old 02-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #20
The Professor
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'll be happy if we get another forward, but definitely satisfied if no more moves are made other than Stone/Bartkowski.
Closed Thread