Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #2361
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Said by someone who is asking for a something that serves the exact same function as Twitter. You sound like a bitter old person who refuses to adapt and embrace a great service like Twitter.
I'm a bitter 28. Twitter is a repository of awful. I don't need to know things THAT quickly. It's an ugly site to look at, and I refuse to be involved. I think it's made the world a worse place and I hope it dies.

#SurelossApp
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #2362
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Don't like how Shattenkirk is really ####ing the Blues over. I would hate if the Flames were in that situation. Tampa not good enough for you? I understand he's a New York kid but it's annoying when players put a team in that situation. That team has invested countless hours of effort in developing you while paying you millions of dollars. Throw them a bone
He has played out his mutually agreed upon contract, spending the next 7 years of his life somewhere he doesn't want to be is a little more than 'throwing them a bone". Also wouldn't he be doing the team he got traded to a disservice by making sure St Louis got the best deal?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #2363
omelete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Don't like how Shattenkirk is really ####ing the Blues over. I would hate if the Flames were in that situation. Tampa not good enough for you? I understand he's a New York kid but it's annoying when players put a team in that situation. That team has invested countless hours of effort in developing you while paying you millions of dollars. Throw them a bone
He doesn't have a NTC or NMC. The Blues are free to trade him wherever they want. How is he screwing them over? By not signing a long term deal where they want him to in order to drive up the asking price? He'll be a UFA at the end of the season, he's earned the right to choose where he wants to be next season.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omelete For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #2364
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelete View Post
He doesn't have a NTC or NMC. The Blues are free to trade him wherever they want. How is he screwing them over? By not signing a long term deal where they want him to in order to drive up the asking price? He'll be a UFA at the end of the season, he's earned the right to choose where he wants to be next season.
I understand what you are saying and get that he does deserve to chose where he wants to go but I mean he so blatantly wants to go to New York. All of us would be pissed off if it was a player of his caliber doing this to the Flames. Just looking at it if I was a fan of the Blues.

Last edited by Beninho; 02-25-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #2365
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
He has played out his mutually agreed upon contract, spending the next 7 years of his life somewhere he doesn't want to be is a little more than 'throwing them a bone". Also wouldn't he be doing the team he got traded to a disservice by making sure St Louis got the best deal?
I mean you are making it seem like he's being sentenced to prison there. Tax free haven , in Florida, for a very good hockey team when healthy is more than fair. If every player had his attitude our team would be ####ed
Old 02-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #2366
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's not saying they can't trade him, he just won't re-sign before UFA.

Not sure its really him screwing the Blues over at all, they arr the ones asking a lot of the player IMO. Not really fair for them to ask him to pass up his shot at UFA just so they can get a better return in a trade.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #2367
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
I understand what you are saying and get that he does deserve to chose where he wants to go but I mean he so blatantly wants to go to New York. All of us would be pissed off if it was a player of his caliber doing this to the Flames. Just looking at it if I was a fan of the Blues.
Meh. Not as bad as what Brad Richards did to the Stars. Richards used his NTC to block his rights being traded even after the playoffs were over.

Blues can still get a decent rental price for Shattenkirk, he is still the best d-man on the rental market.

Last edited by sureLoss; 02-25-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #2368
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Meh. Not as bad as what Brad Richards did to the Stars. Richards used his NTC to block his rights being traded even after the playoffs were over.

Blues can still get a decent rental price for Shattenkirk, he is still the best d-man on the rental market.
No I completely understand, I'm just looking at it from a fan perspective I guess.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #2369
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post

This post has reminded me to remind everyone that Jay Feaster very nearly gave Brad Richards $64 million.

Extend Treliving.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #2370
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Not confident in Budaj as a backup?
Which is odd because Budaj has played great for them this season. And he's cheap.

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
Old 02-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #2371
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be pissed off if it was Calgary trying to trade him. Why on earth would anyone be mad at a player for not signing with a team he doesn't want to play for.

If I was a Blues fan I would more upset with management, what are they doing? Are they trying to win? Or are they worried about the future. To me it feels like they are kind of giving up. I get that they don't want to lose Shattenkirk for nothing, but they are fighting for a division playoff spot wouldn't they be better off keeping a guy like Shattenkirk around?
Old 02-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #2372
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Not even a little bit from where i sit.

As mentioned, he has earned the right to explore free agency and sign where ever he so chooses and has an offer from.

If its one city/team he wants to go to...or 10 he would be happy in, its all still his choice. He sure as hell doesnt owe a thing to the Blues in the form of signing with a team right now he doesnt want to be with.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #2373
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's strange is the assumption that Shattenkirk will only sign with the Rangers - if he is following the rules he has no way of knowing what they would even offer him. Where did this Rangers thing even originate other than that's just where he's from?
Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 PM   #2374
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
This post has reminded me to remind everyone that Jay Feaster very nearly gave Brad Richards $64 million.

Extend Treliving.
Extend Treliving because Feaster was instructed to pursue the top UFA in order to provide Jarome a center of similar skill?

Feaster catches a lot of crap on CP but often he was following instructions
Old 02-25-2017, 11:20 PM   #2375
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
What's strange is the assumption that Shattenkirk will only sign with the Rangers - if he is following the rules he has no way of knowing what they would even offer him. Where did this Rangers thing even originate other than that's just where he's from?
I'm sure people who know him would have an idea if that's his goal
Old 02-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #2376
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I'm sure people who know him would have an idea if that's his goal
Just reminds me of the Stamkos/Toronto rumours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2017, 11:57 PM   #2377
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Just reminds me of the Stamkos/Toronto rumours.
Difference is, the Rangers actually sign the big free agents quite regularly so it's easier to believe.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 AM   #2378
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Extend Treliving because Feaster was instructed to pursue the top UFA in order to provide Jarome a center of similar skill?

Feaster catches a lot of crap on CP but often he was following instructions
We do not know he was 'instructed' to go after Richards, do we?

Also, people forget that to make room for that albatross contract, he took it upon himself to push Regehr out for basically nothing (including saddling this team with Chris "Top Pairing" Butler as part of the return).

Awful, awful return on that trade as well. Buffalo was able to unload Regehr for two second round picks a couple of years later.

I don't buy any argument that the owners wanted Feaster to go out and sign Richards. I think it makes much, much more sense for Feaster - who was a former GM in Tampa with Richards as one of his players - to sell that idea to Ken King and the ownership group.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #2379
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feaster made multiple trades to free up cap space he never used lol

what a clown
Old 02-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #2380
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote: