Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #1061
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
speaking of Daryl, what was the long term impact of his time on Easy Street? he seems to be the same gruff squinty eyed dude that loves Carol and is loyal to Alexandria as before. maybe knowledge of the base comes in handy when they attack, but I thought there'd be changes to his character after having been "broken" in solitary confinement and/or zombie maintenance duty wearing that unexplained "A" shirt.
Daryl was abused as a child. In Season 3, you see some very intense scaring all over his back. It looks like what his dad did to him was a lot worse than what the Saviours did. So it's not like this is some new kind of trauma for him.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #1062
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
So you think they bring Emmy performances every week?

I was ok with Carol until her complete 180 in the bunker with Maggie. I mean she made Lizzie "look at the flowers" and now she was hyperventilating upset because some mean ass woman was yelling at her? Come on man!
I thought it was pretty clear she was faking that so that the Saviors would underestimate her. Or am I thinking of another scene?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #1063
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Daryl was abused as a child. In Season 3, you see some very intense scaring all over his back. It looks like what his dad did to him was a lot worse than what the Saviours did. So it's not like this is some new kind of trauma for him.
with his dad it was physical abuse, I didn't get the impression that the saviors were feeding him daily boots to the face/gut. seemed like a lot more psychological, especially when they gave him pictures of smashed Glenn/Abraham and changed the soundtrack to "Crying Over You"...he broke down into sobs at that point so I thought that might have caused a permanent change.

but oh well, batman voice Daryl with crossbow is the Daryl the people demand, so it's fine going forward if that captivity time didn't really go anywhere.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #1064
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
with his dad it was physical abuse, I didn't get the impression that the saviors were feeding him daily boots to the face/gut. seemed like a lot more psychological, especially when they gave him pictures of smashed Glenn/Abraham and changed the soundtrack to "Crying Over You"...he broke down into sobs at that point so I thought that might have caused a permanent change.

but oh well, batman voice Daryl with crossbow is the Daryl the people demand, so it's fine going forward if that captivity time didn't really go anywhere.
He'd either been whipped or sliced open by his own father:

It also states that his father was psychologically abusive too. There was also an episode where he was lost in the forest for nine days as a child.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #1065
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't know what we are or should be expecting of Darryl coming out of this. He's always shown a tough exterior except in cases concerning Carol or his brother.

He did lash out and beat Fat Joey (the meekest of the Saviors we have seen) to death as a response to his torture. He also looked pretty conflicted in his showdown with Richard this past episode. He wants revenge, he knows what needs to be done, but he's not prepared to make certain sacrifices. That led to his exchange with Carol where, again, he looked a little torn apart (although admittedly he's had that demeanor with Carol for a while now).

Either way, he's been free for 2 episodes. Saying his time in captivity didn't go anywhere may be a tad premature.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #1066
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I am surprised so many like Carol.

She is my least favorite character.
Well if your taste in fictional characters is anything like your taste in hockey teams.. (lol)

But to each his own.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #1067
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't ever rag on this show for plot holes, acting, etc, because let's be honest, it's based on a comic of a zombie apocalypse, and it's purely for entertainment. Sunday's episode though was just too much for me. That new group is so lame is pathetic. That might be my "Prison Break" moment. I literally sat there after that episode and contemplating why I still watch this show. Hopefully they are just saviour fodder in the upcoming battle, because there's no way I can watch episodes involving this group on the regular.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #1068
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I don't ever rag on this show for plot holes, acting, etc, because let's be honest, it's based on a comic of a zombie apocalypse, and it's purely for entertainment. Sunday's episode though was just too much for me. That new group is so lame is pathetic. That might be my "Prison Break" moment. I literally sat there after that episode and contemplating why I still watch this show. Hopefully they are just saviour fodder in the upcoming battle, because there's no way I can watch episodes involving this group on the regular.
They added little to no depth regarding them, despite the entire episode being at their base. It's safe to assume very few will survive.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:02 PM   #1069
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I am surprised so many like Carol.

She is my least favorite character.
What do you know? You cheer for the Oilers. Your judgment is suspect.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #1070
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Time to show this poster the flowers at the up, up, up.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #1071
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only problem about the new group is how do they know they'll align with Rick's community? He put so much trust in them right away which seems off for him.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #1072
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

So is the object in the sky just bad editing or intentional?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #1073
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of weird, becuase it is a really bad composite shot. I would think someone would have noticed if it was unintentional and it would have been cut out. Because it looks so bad, I'm going with "they really want us to notice it".
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #1074
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

When I saw the episode I thought I saw a plane, but then just assumed it was a bird crow or raven or something, because it was pretty obvious something was flying in the sky.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #1075
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

the per episode budget for Walking Dead probably isn't quite at the level of Game of Thrones, but that 1980's quality green screen effect is unacceptable for cable TV's biggest show. it looks like they spent more on the dumpster zombie's spiked helmet than they did that shot of the whole landfill.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #1076
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
My only problem about the new group is how do they know they'll align with Rick's community? He put so much trust in them right away which seems off for him.
Lack of options
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #1077
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm

Last edited by steve9981; 08-21-2017 at 01:14 PM.
steve9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #1078
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aww ya! It's back!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #1079
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

A little slow, but a much better episode than last week. Glad to finally see Neegan again!
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #1080
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The writers just made a very critical mistake. Either they just assume the audience is stupid, or they think the audience is stupid and that we will just swallow their ####.

So we're to believe Negan truly believes Dwight because he completely buys that he is subservient, while anyone with a brain can connect the dots that Dwight let his wife escape because he still cares for her. Of course he still cares for her...Negan had to burn half his face off because she still cared for Dwight. And Dwight was willing to risk EVERYTHING by escaping before (that first time we saw him and his wife in the confrontation with Darryl).

What makes more sense: some doctor is sleeping with one of your wives and risked everything to free some prisoner he doesn't even know because random vagina. Or, the girl let Darryl go because: 1) they have had a run in before, 2) Darryl has a similarity to Dwight, so much so that you (Negan) chose to break him in the same way, 3) you have chosen to intertwine all of these three characters together and it all has a larger substance...and now Dwight is covering for his wife and selling you a BS story to save her life, just for now?

You're arrogant enough to think Dwight will just submit because you'll hunt her down and do bad things, eventually? With no physical proof? In the meantime, your dissenter has bought some time to make a bigger move against you?

Perhaps Negan is willing to bet on Dwight's loyalty...or at least take the risk that Dwight will understand the implications of what is going on through punishing the Doc. Even IF he may know better (that Dwight is lying), he is willing to sacrifice 1 of 2 doctors in his outfit for a dissenter. A dissenter that is far more expendable than a trained doctor. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE 2. So you destroy a valuable asset and let a wildcard fun freely in your outfit. How in the hell did you get his far with the following you have? A barbed-wire bat?

So we believe Negan is that willfully stupid, which means they have totally undermined their greatest protagonist in all of the series. There is no doubt at all that the Alliance (what I dub Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom, the R-tarded Collective, etc) will win. Suspension is gone because your villain is a moron who really doesn't have any kind of true following.

Even if we invest in the narrative that Dwight is prepared to go turncoat and had to sacrifice the Doc because of the Doc's intuition and the fact Dwight needed a fall-guy, it doesn't make sense to sacrifice a person that is clearly ON YOUR SIDE. There aren't a plethora of other dumb####s with as much background (NONE) in getting cozy with the wife that could have been shoved into the furnace?

Either Negan's naive and overly arrogant, or he's a straight up idiot. Nicely done. You would have been better off going the "see, he's really an evil ####" route by having him roast one of the wives because they tried to manipulate Eugene, and the whole show was a display to him. Add in extended torture and distrust regarding Dwight (as he failed to return with his wife) as they get to the bottom of the escape, to solidify the tension that Dwight will betray the Saviors. We didn't need Dwight throwing the Doc under the bus (or into the fire) to pick up on the fact he's ready to #### the Saviors over.

They have really ####ed up Negan as a bad guy. Complete failure after a promising start. And they really insulted the viewers with that episode.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran