Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 PM   #281
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
They've barely touched anything with Negan. The TV show needs to overextend his use like the comic did, too, before the Whisperers appear.
from what i was reading they were casting for a character for a charismatic leader and was only for 2 episodes this season (10 and 12) and then a regular going forward. So it could just be setting up the Whisperers for next season, in a different way that the comics did.

The description on IMDB for next episode describes the new group as a mysterious collective, unlike they have ever come across. Which fits the Whisperers too.

Like I said, I hope it isn't, but I think it is.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #282
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously, they are nowhere near the Whisperers in the story arc. They're like 50 issues shy of that storyline. Basically there needs to be a break - whether end season or mid season - after which we come back to an Alexandria and Hilltop that have stabilized and are in generally good shape, then you can start leading into the Whisperers. If they rush it, that could be this season end break, but they could just as easily drag out this part of the saga to next season.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #283
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Seriously, they are nowhere near the Whisperers in the story arc. They're like 50 issues shy of that storyline. Basically there needs to be a break - whether end season or mid season - after which we come back to an Alexandria and Hilltop that have stabilized and are in generally good shape, then you can start leading into the Whisperers. If they rush it, that could be this season end break, but they could just as easily drag out this part of the saga to next season.
I'd be fine with them introducing the whisperers now, if they did it very slowly. For example, maybe during a battle, someone observes a walker holding a tool or running away. A few episodes later, more strange behaviour. Then at the end of the season finale, after the Negan war has taken place, someone overhears one of them talking.

Introducing them just all at once, in your face, would be a huge waste.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #284
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

nah the way the whisperers appear in the comics was awesome, how it was a huge herd moving through an area, and some scouts hiding and suddenly they start hearing creepy voices from the herd? that was crazy when I first read that, had me thinking the zombies were slowly gaining sentience, and it deserves a proper translation.

this new group has literally nothing in common with the whisperers other than possibly female leader, and she's not even bald. the showrunners have made a few questionable decisions in the past but this isn't going to be one of them. it would be like changing Negan into a bespectacled office worker in a gray suit, brandishing two staplers tied together like nunchucks.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #285
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Foreshadowing them might be fine, but it would still make more sense if that happened after the break in an early episode dealing with the whole status quo and "Negan is in prison" thing. Saving those teases for the otherwise sort of boring "look, we've made this whole interdependent communities model work" portion of the story, along with potential teases that the no-longer-Negan-led Saviors might still be a threat, and the whole Gregory attempted coup storyline (which if I were writing it I'd make the main source of immediate tension), will make the first half of next season a lot more interesting.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 02-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #286
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So after this week's episode here's how I would do the Whisperers.

Rick continues his efforts to recruit people to try to fight Negan. Things seem to be looking good, but a swerve of some sort occurs - Negan finds out what they're up to and traps them somehow, or maybe the Kingdom gets involved and Negan kills Ezekiel. Whatever it is, it gets Carol involved. She then learns what happened to Glenn and Abraham and it's on like Donkey Kong. The result is her essentially massacring large swaths of Saviors, and, as advertised in this episode, losing what's left of her fragile psyche ("there will be nothing left of me"). When Rick ultimately spares Negan (probably at Morgan's urging), she's disgusted - she just gave up everything to get this guy back and Rick and Co. are soft. She leaves.

Then you get the break. After the break, it's a year (or more) later. The communities are generally functioning well. The first few episodes are spent introducing this structure and dealing with some threats - a herd and the Gregory insurrection issue. Throughout the first half of the season these are dealt with, but there are hints of the Whisperers (scenes where walkers seem to talk). The whisperers are ultimately introduced... and the big mid-season reveal is that Alpha is Carol.

Now you've spent an entire series building up this ultra-badass who kills everything in her path without mercy, who lost her humanity and left, and now they have to face the monster they created.

Yeah?
Old 11-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #287
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

In the TV show thread I think people are going to lose their #### when Rick doesn't kill Negan after basically swearing he was going to do just that for the last season and a half.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #288
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

So where do they go in the TV show killing off Carl?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #289
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

What plot points is Carl necessary to? Lydia, and that's it. And they can pretty easily manage to do that whole thing without him. Hell, they could use Enid in his place if they want.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #290
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suppose. The biggest thing will be the effect on Rick, and the interactions that Carl has with Negan all the time.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote