Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #5101
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Two comments:

1) Recall that, in February, all but two House Republicans voted to overturn an Obama administration rule that blocked Social Security disability recipients with mental disorders from buying guns. Scalise was not one of the two Republicans who voted against the measure.

I'm not saying that the shooter was mentally ill, but, well, votes have consequences Mr. Congressman.

2) A cynic might plausibly theorize that the shooting is simply an orchestrated distraction that was timed to take people's attention away from a string of bad news. One can only imagine who the possible conductor of this orchestration might be....
I think its a little early for one and 2 is especially weird. When someone starts a sentence with a "Cynic might plausibly theorize . . ." its usually translated into "Its a conspiracy"

It does sound like this was a attack targeted at the Republicans. The shooter asked if the group were republicans or democrats before opening fire. The Democrat baseball team was practicing at another park. so it sounds like the shooter was targeting republicans.

Now if I was a cynic I might possibly theorize that the shooter was a Hillary Clinton supporting scientologist who received his kill orders from Tom Cruise via a mind control chip in his head.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #5102
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The shooter asked if the group were republicans or democrats before opening fire.
As is usually the case with developing incidents like these, don't take reports (especially biased ones like Fox) too seriously. This hasn't been confirmed at all, and one reporter tweeted that the guy who reported someone asking this question said they were wearing a running clothes, while the shooter was in jeans.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #5103
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
As is usually the case with developing incidents like these, don't take reports (especially biased ones like Fox) too seriously. This hasn't been confirmed at all, and one reporter tweeted that the guy who reported someone asking this question said they were wearing a running clothes, while the shooter was in jeans.
It's being reported outside of Fox news too. This is terrorism. The media has responsibility in this due to the hysteria they have promoted since Trump was elected.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #5104
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
It's being reported outside of Fox news too. This is terrorism. The media has responsibility in this due to the hysteria they have promoted since Trump was elected.
Terrorism? No sir, this was a lone wolf. A troubled young man. Did you miss that the shooter was white? It's like you haven't even read the playbook.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #5105
photon

Exp:

154th mass shooting in 2017, all of which are the fault of media hysteria. Before Trump's election the media wasn't hysterical and mass shootings weren't an issue at all, good to know.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #5106
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
154th mass shooting in 2017, all of which are the fault of media hysteria. Before Trump's election the media wasn't hysterical and mass shootings weren't an issue at all, good to know.
I don't think anyone actually died so they won't categorize it as a mass shooting will they? Just another day in Virginia.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #5107
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I don't think anyone actually died so they won't categorize it as a mass shooting will they? Just another day in Virginia.
154 going by shootings with 4 or more victims injured or killed.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #5108
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember when Gabrielle Giffords was shot by a right-wing extremist a few years ago shortly have Sarah Palin tweeted a poster that had Giffords literally in crosshairs under the caption "Take aim"? And then Republicans and Fox News universally agreed that they needed to tone down their anti-Obama hysteria because it was inciting people to violence against their political opponents? No wait, I might be misremembering that last part...
Old 06-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #5109
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Guardian is reporting that the suspected shooter leaned to the left politically and was a supporter of Bernie Sanders. No doubt Republicans are licking their chops right now in anticipation of how they can use this politically.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-practice-live
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #5110
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
The Guardian is reporting that the suspected shooter leaned to the left politically and was a supporter of Bernie Sanders. No doubt Republicans are licking their chops right now in anticipation of how they can use this politically.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-practice-live
I'm sure he was just trying to give them pre-existing conditions so they would rethink their healthcare bill.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #5111
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think its a little early for one and 2 is especially weird. When someone starts a sentence with a "Cynic might plausibly theorize . . ." its usually translated into "Its a conspiracy"

It does sound like this was a attack targeted at the Republicans. The shooter asked if the group were republicans or democrats before opening fire. The Democrat baseball team was practicing at another park. so it sounds like the shooter was targeting republicans.
Fair enough, although I cannot help but wonder if any GOP Congressmen have suddenly realized that expansive gun availability for all might not be such a great idea.

Oh well...at least Scalise has good health insurance and access to health care. Lucky him.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #5112
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-keilar-nr.cnn
Old 06-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #5113
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Bernie Sanders just released a statement that this guy volunteered for his campaign.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #5114
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Terrorism? No sir, this was a lone wolf. A troubled young man. Did you miss that the shooter was white? It's like you haven't even read the playbook.
Terrorism? perish the thought, the whole point of allowing citizens guns is so they can defend themselves from a tyrannical 'guberment, what the hell do they think a citizen defending himself looks like?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #5115
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brian Klaas ✔ @brianklaas
Days to hit a 60% disapproval rating:

Carter: Never
Reagan: Never
H.W. Bush: Never
Clinton: Never
W. Bush: 1,756
Obama: Never
Trump: 144
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #5116
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

So will this be in the next Guinness World Record?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #5117
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
How about Rand Paul? Shouldn't he be responsible for this tweet?

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!
Old 06-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #5118
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If only those Republicans had guns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #5119
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Fair enough, although I cannot help but wonder if any GOP Congressmen have suddenly realized that expansive gun availability for all might not be such a great idea.

Oh well...at least Scalise has good health insurance and access to health care. Lucky him.
I would assume that the NRA is going to go into typical damage control mode.

Spread money around to back mid term elections

Release statements "If only these congressmen had been carrying M-16's with the optional night vision super scope, this tragedy wouldn't happen" (Tho to be honest, the thought of a congressional shoot out between Dems and Reps would be kind of amusing "Take that for voting down my bill for free school lunches you dirty rat")

I always say that I hope that something positive happens after these gun tragedies and this one should strike closer to home, but whether is a rep or dem in the white house or the house, nothing is going to change.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #5120
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This shooting happened just a few blocks from my house. Alexandria is an extremely safe city and this neighbourhood in particular might be one of the best places to live in the country. I'm absolutely shocked this happened here, but I guess I take some comfort in the fact that this seemed targeted.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms