Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:
Flames Jakub Nakladal: "Somthing Looming" UPD: One-way deal is the only option

Article is translated so wording could be off. Here's the full translation of it.

Nakládal: To play good matches? It is not performed, the goal is to advance from the group
https://sport.aktualne.cz/hokej/hoke...ted=1473396432

Quote:
Nerýsuje already signing with a club?

Throughout the summer, something looming, but we are still not properly tightened to the end. Variant is more, but I can not be specific because it is not done nothing. But I believe that will happen, and sometimes around the tournament already decided it.
Quote:
Jakub Bek Nakládal along with Michael Jordan Czech only player who toils for the World Cup without having engagement. That might be his chances nasty injuries in denial. But he believes that he will soon sign a contract with the best club NHL, and Toronto will help the team to success. "The first goal is to advance from the group," he says, despite the unflattering Overseas forecasts that the Czechs finished last.

Jamie, you barely begun preparing for the World Cup, while the tournament starts now less than two weeks. Everything is very short notice, is not it?

It's something completely different than the world championships, where the training lasts about six weeks, during which we can rehearse more situations. Man has more time enacted. Everyone here but are absolutely pros who know that it is not always that much time. The NHL camp lasts three weeks and then go vlítnu. Mainly it's the same for everyone.

You have prepared in the summer with a view to an early start of the season differently?

I do not think. I potrénoval more or less the same as last year, I flew to America sometime in early September. Maybe I was just trying to go more on the ice since that time, one to be prepared, not so much.

You are currently without engagement. Neznervózňuje you think you might hurt?

Regarding the injury, so I was not thinking. Of course it would be more comfortable if I knew that I have a contract, but on the other hand is normal in the sport that was happening. It can also be a greater motivation in the fact that I played a good tournament.

Will you continue in the NHL?

It could go either way, but of course I wish that it was the NHL. The agent was about even trying. But I do not care much now, because come the World Cup, that's a priority.

The most important international event that you have not experienced a world championship. How do you feel about the World Cup?

It's a little bit different action, very prestigious, is played in America by NHL rules. Overseas, they take it at the same level as the Olympics. Also take place after twelve years, that it would be opposed to such a VIP tournament championship, but with the best players. Not to say that I will be much more prestigious, but certainly it is an event, which is just not you look.

What will success for the Czech Republic?

I do not like much speculation of what would be good and what is not, but the first goal is to advance from the group. We all know what roles to fit us, but I think it does not matter because it will decide on the course. We have the same chance as Canada, America or Europe team, this is the beginning of the season. When escalate further, it will be super. We say that if not escalate and we will play good football ... That's what's wrong. So the goal is to assign the group.
EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

Last edited by hockey.modern; 09-16-2016 at 08:55 PM.
hockey.modern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey.modern For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

The translation is worded like something Sarah Palin would say.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Waiting for Smid to hit LTIR, basically confirmed... please.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where's calgaryboy when you need him.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Where's calgaryboy when you need him.
We'll have to wait until morning - it's almost half past midnight in the Czech Republic.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
We'll have to wait until morning - it's almost half past midnight in the Czech Republic.
Wake him up.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

Might mean nothing, but Smid was skating with some players at Winsport earlier this week.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oi, Calgaryboy! Vstávat se slepicemi!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
It's really Engelland who is the problem with Nakladal, not Smid.

Wideman/Engelland/Nakladal are all right D. None can play their off-hand very well.

Smid-Nakladal could actually be a servicable, or better bottom pair if Smid is healthy.

Wideman can score better than Nakladal. If there's an injury to Brodie or Hamilton, I'd feel more comfortable with Wideman as the #3/#4.

Smid is however, an obstacle for Wotherspoon in his first waiver-eligible training camp.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #10
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Might mean nothing, but Smid was skating with some players at Winsport earlier this week.
I really want to believe there's 0 chance Smid is cleared to play this season. If not for my greedy need to have Nakladal on the roster, then for consideration to his future health. I mean his neck has been fused together and while I may not be a doctor I'd think caution is key after requiring this surgery in your mid twenties...

That said, with his neck being the big issue I'd imagine he's still able to stay decently conditioned on the ice through his recent injury time so I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it.

Nakladal needing Smid to hit LTIR before Treliving makes the decision does make a lot of sense when you consider Nakladal is still unsigned. We all know he's NHL caliber so there must have been other teams interested.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #11
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
It's really Engelland who is the problem with Nakladal, not Smid.

Wideman/Engelland/Nakladal are all right D. None can play their off-hand very well.

Smid-Nakladal could actually be a servicable, or better bottom pair if Smid is healthy.

Wideman can score better than Nakladal. If there's an injury to Brodie or Hamilton, I'd feel more comfortable with Wideman as the #3/#4.

Smid is however, an obstacle for Wotherspoon in his first waiver-eligible training camp.
Smid makes more than Engelland and is not on our roster every game.

Smid and his cap are the problem.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bandwagon In Flames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #12
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Wideman was gone I bet Nak would be signed already.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who would you rather have, 1 year 1mill Nakladal?
Or 1 year 2 mill Russell?
Old 09-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #14
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

^ Nakladal, every day.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #15
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not a question of who is the problem, it's what is "looming" that would allow a Nak signing. And that's Smid being on LTIR most likely.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #16
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

So generalfanager.com has the Flames with 10m in cap space. Assuming worst case scenario is Gaudreau re-signs for 8m AAV, that leaves 2m in space to pay with and that includes having Smid's cap hit on the books. So unless they're going to pay Nak more than 2M a season, I see no reason why he isn't signed yet outside of moving a d-man or the Kris Russell rumours are true.

Last edited by dammage79; 09-09-2016 at 07:12 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 PM   #17
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/calgary-flames

$8.5 million in cap space with just 12 forwards (including Chris Higgins) on the roster. So burn off at least $1.5 million between those two forwards, and they have no space for Gaudreau AND Nakladal.

Heck, they're up against the cap WITH Gaudreau alone.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #18
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/calgary-flames

$8.5 million in cap space with just 12 forwards (including Chris Higgins) on the roster. So burn off at least $1.5 million between those two forwards, and they have no space for Gaudreau AND Nakladal.

Heck, they're up against the cap WITH Gaudreau alone.
That's 12 signed forwards. 2 more with Higgins and Gaudreau for 14 listed.

You could sign Gaudreau to 8.5M even, sign Nakladal to 1.5M, place Bennett and Shinkaruk in AHL to 'start' the season. Place Smid on LTIR, recall the 2 young players and you end up with the roster you see on Generalfanger (without Higgins). If Smid is certain to go on the LTIR, there's no holding up of Nakladal's contract. If he is uncertain, then it makes sense but then you got to question why Nakladal would be waiting to see, pretty bad position if Smid is good to go and he's jobless.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #19
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I screwed up, the Cap Floor space is 10m, actual cap space to ceiling is what Freeway said, so yeah, getting Gaudreau inked to the least amount of $ possible not only helps this year but going forward as well. I'd really like Nakladal as the #6 d man for this season.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #20
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Who would you rather have, 1 year 1mill Nakladal?
Or 1 year 2 mill Russell?
Russell without a doubt. Nakaladal is a borderline NHLer, Russell is a borderline top 4 defenseman. If you can get that difference in quality for a million you jump all over it.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post: