Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Calgary Flames Garbage Bag Day!

The dreaded day for any fan of any professional sports team, Garbage Bag day and Media Day. It came earlier then I wanted but it was a heck of a ride this season. Tweets from all the Flames media.

Quote:
Kristen Odland‏ @Kristen_Odland 18m18 minutes ago

Freddie Hamilton is the first #Flames player at G-bag day. On playoffs: "We could have won every game."

Lazar chatting about joining the #Flames "A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.... I felt like I had a chance to re-write my script."

Versteeg still upset about the traffic light en route to the Dome: "That light on McLeod and 12th, it's just not long enough...."

#Flames captain Mark Giordano: "I just think our belief next year, right from the start, needs to be there."

"With the atmosphere here in the last few games, it's hard not to love this rink." - Mark Giordano

Versteeg also adds a new arena would be nice, but wouldn't detail on what plan he would like to see come through.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 04-21-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Interested in what little Johnny has to say.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also will be interesting on which Flames were really banged up.

Johnny may still have some lingering problems with his hands that caused him to pass more then shoot?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I'm also curious to hear the injury report if there is one. I suspect Brouwer's hand is still giving him issues, and Gaudreau's been playing with pins in his hand/finger which had to have played a role.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

#Flames Kris Versteeg on his future; "If I'm sitting in Switzerland in September, my agent is getting fired". I hope he's back in Calgary

Pending UFA Kris Versteeg says he'd love to be back next season. Says he considers this year a great success for him. #Flames
Old 04-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Little Johnny? Ugh. When Gaudreau turns things around next season kindly stay off the bandwagon. The previous two years you were such an over the top fan boy almost gushing with each "Johnny Hockey.." You wanted Treliving to "back the truck up" almost having daily panic attacks that he wasn't signed. The guy struggles, which happens to all players throughout their career and it's been an entire year of obnoxious dismissive comments towards him. Such a disgusting 180.

Can't wait to him to shove your words right back up your butt. All of them. At once.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 82 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
AC, BeltlineFan, BigFlameDog, BigNumbers, bigtmac19, Boblobla, bubbsy, Burner, Burninator, burnin_vernon, Calgary4LIfe, calgaryblood, cammy13, cam_wmh, Cheese, chummer, ClubFlames, CroFlames, DaQwiz, dino7c, direwolf, dissentowner, dustygoon, Enoch Root, Erick Estrada, flamesforcup, Flamezzz, flame^thrower, Francis's Hairpiece, Frequitude, getbak, GoJetsGo, gonzo29, handgroen, Hockey-and_stuff, Huntingwhale, icecube, iggy_oi, ignite09, jaymac106, jayswin, JiriHrdina, Joe Nieuwendyk, Johnny Makarov, kbvall, keenan87, killer_carlson, kkaleR, Leondros, LIP MAN, Love, megatron, midniteowl, mikephoen, MolsonInBothHands, Mony, N-E-B, Nandric, OldSam, Radio, redforever, Redliner, Reign of Fire, renny, Roof-Daddy, Ryan Coke, sicsun, Since1984, slybomb, smiggy77, SoCalFlamesFan, socalwingfan, Stochansky, Street Pharmacist, Temporary_User, the2bears, TheScorpion, trublmaker, Ullr, Vinny01, wireframe, Zulu29
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #7
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
#Flames Kris Versteeg on his future; "If I'm sitting in Switzerland in September, my agent is getting fired". I hope he's back in Calgary
Versteeg had an excellent season, was one of our best players in the Ducks series, and he seems like a great guy in the room. I hope they bring him back as well.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Are you sure you aren't an Oilers fan from HF? You sure sound like one

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
BigT112
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post

Pending UFA Kris Versteeg says he'd love to be back next season. Says he considers this year a great success for him. #Flames
Bring him back and give him Brouwer's "A". Seems like a great guy in the locker room and a a good leader.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau is the person who installed polak's sink.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #11
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Are you sure you aren't an Oilers fan from HF? You sure sound like one
Can we leave the pitchforks out for other members out of the threads for a while? It seems like every single thread here on CP now has someone calling people out as trolls.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

"He's a great friend but I'm obviously not going to (comment) on (the lawsuit)," Giordano on Dennis Wideman.

Kris Versteeg can't comment on Wideman lawsuit involving Henderson. Only said "Dennis (Wideman) is a great guy.

One more on Versteeg. He says he'd "100% prioritize" staying in Calgary and close to home in contract talks this summer

Roger Millions‏
#Flames Mark Giordano will consider joining Team Canada at World Hockey Championships in Paris. Will take two-three days to mull over
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #13
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Little Johnny? Ugh. When Gaudreau turns things around next season kindly stay off the bandwagon. The previous two years you were such an over the top fan boy almost gushing with each "Johnny Hockey.." You wanted Treliving to "back the truck up" almost having daily panic attacks that he wasn't signed. The guy struggles, which happens to all players throughout their career and it's been an entire year of obnoxious dismissive comments towards him. Such a disgusting 180.

Can't wait to him to shove your words right back up your butt. All of them. At once.
His whining and spotty play is rather annoying, add the rumors around his off ice stuff and yeah, not a fan of his year. It's not production so much as it is his style of play. When it doesn't work it's extremely frustrating to watch.

If he stops whining and plays like he did, I'll be all for it.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #14
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pending UFA Deryk Engelland says coming back to Calgary is "near the top of the list" of places he'd want to be next year.

One can assume Vegas may be the top of that list.

Johnny isn't hurt

Quote:
Really thought Johnny may have been banged up in the playoffs. Never the less, Gaudreau will play for USA once again. #Flames
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #15
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Engelland coming back at 1.9/2 years would be great. Would allow us to rotate a couple younger blueliners in and out of the lineup.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #16
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Engelland coming back at 1.9/2 years would be great. Would allow us to rotate a couple younger blueliners in and out of the lineup.
Agreed, Loved his game this season. Really brought that nasty edge. Although I don't want to see a Bart/Eng paring again.

Quote:
"Personally, I thought this was the best season I've had." - Deryk Engelland
Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #17
lambeburger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

lambeburger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambeburger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #18
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Brodie, Gio, Hamilton
Reasonably priced Stone
Cheap Engelland
Rotating rookie.

ideal.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #19
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

If Gaudreau has success with his USA line mates maybe we can steal one of them for the Flames next season.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta love Lazar. He's a real gem, glad he is part of the team.

Quote:
"Next year, I'm going to take off. I going to grow and help this team win." - Curtis Lazar
"I wanted to help my team win games," -- #Flames winger Johnny Gaudreau #NHLplayoffs @Odland

Johnny Gaudreau. "Disappointed #Flames season is over but excited to play for my country at Worlds" #USA

Last edited by Otto-matic; 04-21-2017 at 11:19 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post: