Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #561
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post

The scene with Kim, Howard and Chuck showed that the Bar hearing is more relaxed than a real court so, perhaps, the details on where the photos originated might not be considered.
That wasn't a Bar Hearing - that was a Criminal Court diversion conference.

The New Mexico Law Society would conduct the professional misconduct review. It would be more like a real court hearing.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #562
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
That wasn't a Bar Hearing - that was a Criminal Court diversion conference.

The New Mexico Law Society would conduct the professional misconduct review. It would be more like a real court hearing.
I wasn't talking about the diversion in the conference room. I was talking about the scene where the three were outside in the hallway at the end of that hearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #563
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
^ BEST episode so far!! A must watch episode for BB fans who did not get into BCS.

No no, this scene happened after Jimmy changed the documents.
Jimmy leaves for the 24 hour copy shop because the copy guy is the only witness to the crime. He arrives just as Ernesto is leaving to return with Chuck.

Kim knows he changed the documents and is telling Jimmy to cover his tracks.
Damn, you're right.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #564
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post
With respect to the photos, I think Jimmy and Kim can use them to show that Chuck is mentally ill (especially in regards to the photo of the lantern on the newspaper) and they will frame the break-in as Jimmy looking out for the well-being of his brother. Jimmy is the legal guardian, isn't he?

The scene with Kim, Howard and Chuck showed that the Bar hearing is more relaxed than a real court so, perhaps, the details on where the photos originated might not be considered.
Yeah I think there's definitely some evidence to support that Chuck may not be well mentally and that he did set up Jimmy. This could end up really bad for Chuck as if he's deemed mentally ill his career in law will be over.

Things are falling into place for Gus as it appears he's one step ahead of Hector at this point in their rivalry. Gus having to traffic Hector's goods must enable a power play of some sort.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #565
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My thoughts:

1) Chuck appeared to be suffering little if any ill effects from being in a busy office building, bombarded by flourescent lighting. Along with going out for the paper, handling the recorder etc, this tells us that Chuck is willing to either endure the discomfort of eletricity in order to get Jimmy, OR, that his condition seemingly only manifests itself during certain emotional states that appear to involve Jimmy.

2) We were introduced to the Jimmy/Chuck/Howard situation with Jimmy threatening that if Chuck was declared mentally unfit, the firm would have to Cash him out to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. I have a feeling Jimmy may be attempting to frame the situation where Howard betrays Chuck in order to avoid destroying the firm. That sort of betrayal could end up pushing Chuck over the edge.

3) Mike is further involved in Chuck's downfall some how.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #566
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chuck's electricity/magnetic field illness is well-known though amongst everybody. How would the photos help, unless they proved he was faking the illness?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #567
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
My thoughts:
1) Chuck appeared to be suffering little if any ill effects from being in a busy office building, bombarded by flourescent lighting. Along with going out for the paper, handling the recorder etc, this tells us that Chuck is willing to either endure the discomfort of eletricity in order to get Jimmy, OR, that his condition seemingly only manifests itself during certain emotional states that appear to involve Jimmy.
Interesting idea for sure, but didn't he have this problem while he and Jimmy were living in different cities?

Either way, I think Chuck is the real conman in the McGill family. Talk about a manipulative sonofabitch! Jimmy's just kind of a corrupt weasel for financial gain. Chuck is so vindictive he wants people fail so he can continue to feel superior.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #568
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Chuck's electricity/magnetic field illness is well-known though amongst everybody. How would the photos help, unless they proved he was faking the illness?
The photos will show how mentally unfit he is and how precarious his mental condition was at the time of Jimmy's 'confession'. He has been dealing in elder law, so maybe there is a way to frame his confession as being made under the guise of pastoral care or something similar.

Jimmy I think is going to frame it as a brother attempting to assuage the emotions of a mentally unfit individual, and then use the pictures to illustrate just how mentally unfit Chuck is.

I think Jimmy might pressure Howard to backktrack on his witness testimony etc in exchange for NOT cashing out Chuck if he's found mentally incompetent.

Either way, I think what's going to happen is Chuck's master plan is going to blow up in his face; he will be the one who loses his ability to practice law (the thing he holds most dear), while the chimpanzee with a machine gun continues to manipulate the law to his own end.

As clever and conniving as Chuck is, I don't think he comes to it naturally, effortlessly, like Jimmy. There is a tremendous amount of brain power involved in Chuck's deceptions and plans. Jimmy's deception is sort of the 'fallen off the apple cart' kind of stuff.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #569
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post

Things are falling into place for Gus as it appears he's one step ahead of Hector at this point in their rivalry. Gus having to traffic Hector's goods must enable a power play of some sort.
Can't wait to see how Hector ends up in a wheelchair and uses a bell to talk.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #570
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Interesting idea for sure, but didn't he have this problem while he and Jimmy were living in different cities?
I don't think that's the case. In the scene where Jimmy comes over for dinner Chuck and his partner appear to be in a regular house doing regular things. The scene with Chuck in the interrogation room with Jimmy, he appears to be completely normal.

I'm pretty sure when Jimmy gets his degree from American Samoa (go landcrabs!) he presents it to Chuck in Chuck's office. In fact, I'd venture that might be the moment Chuck's illness beings to manifest itself.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #571
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
I would guess a stroke of some sort.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #572
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
I think Mike gets a needle from the doctor to induce a stroke of some kind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #573
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just re-watched the episode with the tape.

Is Jimmy going to use the tape as the smoking gun of Chuck's lack of mental capacity? If Chuck was recording the entire conversation as a trap, there are some wild ravings on there about his electromagnetic sensitivity. He's literally covering the walls and ceilings of his house reflective material.

Was Kim making sure Jimmy hadn't destroyed the smoking gun evidence of Chuck's mental illness? Are they going to try to rip apart his credibility based on the tape?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #574
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does it benefit Howard to have Chuck committed? Or would he still have to buy him out in that situation? Howard might be playing both sides here.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #575
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

McKeen is going to win a Best Supporting Actor Emmy if this season keeps rolling like this. Outstanding work in this episode.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 PM   #576
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

That was a good one. As scummy as it was for Jimmy to change the documents, I'm happy that Chuck's been outed for his petty motives. Sad part is the only person in the courtroom who still doesn't see it is him.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #577
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Huell is back!
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #578
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

They really have the moral dilemma going here. Chuck is a vindictive jerk, but he's actually in the right. And he has some sort of mental illness.

Jimmy is a lovable crook who really did do what he's accused of, but I still want him to stick it to Chuck.

This is wrong!

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #579
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

rekt
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #580
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brilliant episode. Probably a Mike/Gus episode next week before we get to see the aftermath of the bar hearing.

Not to nitpick though, but a disconnected battery wouldn't have any current flowing through it, so there wouldn't be a magnetic field generated to bother Chuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman