Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #241
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

But he also asked if she brought in her ex because Lucy Lawless died. I think it might be something like the creation of S.W.O.R.D. with maybe Fury leading that charge (depending what he's up to in Avengers 2). With Avengers having the Chitauri invasion and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dealing with Kree and eventually Thanos showing up making an organization to deal with extraterrestrial threats, outside of just the Avengers, seems like a possibility. And would also explain why Fury is leaving Coulson in charge against Hydra.

Also May's mother was part of another organization that has yet to be revealed.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #242
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking that Skye gets revealed as
Spoiler!
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #243
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Holy crap, what a amazing episode. I can't believe that we don't get a new episode til March I hate that.

Spoiler!

Awesome awesome episode. Really well acted, really great visualizations. Bobby was awesome in it and the fight scene with Coulson was really well done.

This show has moved to the awesome scale for me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 12-09-2014 at 11:31 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #244
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes after being away. I'm pretty bummed that Tripp got nixed. I really liked his character. At least Mac is still around.

And how can you not be stocked about the introduction of the Terrigen Mist?? I wonder if they'll release the Terrigen bomb before Age of Ultron or not.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #245
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bump.

I thought Agent Carter was pretty good last night. Good one-liners and a good story line.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #246
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought it was great, it went against the Shield team concept and put her in the situation where she's pretty much on her own.

She has Stark's butler, I think he's more then what he's showing right now.

Beyond the solid episode, that dress and when she was rolling on the bed were awesome.

I laughed pretty hard when she kicked the tire on the truck while angrily stating that they needed to put air in the tire.

I don't think that the enemy is Hydra though and somehow this is going to link to shield.

I did laugh at Landfill from Beerfest as the rude customer in the automat.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #247
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thought the music and sets were great. The big band music really gave it a flare for era. I also liked the Captain America radio show being played at various times. Also the blatant sexism lol. It's cool that they embraced the 50s as much as they did.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #248
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Shield was back on last night! I'm really enjoying this show right now. Pretty cool seeing Coulson put the boots into Hydra like that. Guess they won't be bothering SHIELD too much for a while, unless they bring in the Baron pretty quick. Looks like things will get pretty fun with the official introduction of the Inhumans now.

Also, nice to see Fitz starting to piece things together in his head.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #249
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was a strong episode, and a really good plan to put Hydra on the Shelf for a while, a lot of heads hit the floor and it was a pretty ruthless plan by Coulson.

The Sky thing is interesting and I actually felt sorry for Raina who felt so Robbed by the whole thing and Cal's callous reaction to her "I can't live like this" statement.

We have to wonder who Bobby and Mac are working for, I doubt its Hydra, but I wonder if its S.W.O.R.D which would make sense with the whole Inhuman's story.

Really well done episode, I laughed at the cheesiness of Coulson's "They'll never take us alive" scream and May's eye rolling reaction to it.

This is a great show with a great story line.

We didn't see Ward last night which is odd for a returning episode.

Next week we get Sif making a return.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #250
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Big official name drop on this week's episode in the Terrigen Mist and confirmation of the blue alien being Kree. This should have a pretty huge impact on the MCU moving forward. Especially considering there are still another 5-6 Terrigen bombs in play.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 03-13-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We know that they have almost bigger problems boiling over as Mockingbird and Mack are going to be forced to pull the trigger on their plans sooner then they thought, and the question is still out there in terms of who they're working for.

The Skye (Daisy) story line is interesting as she struggles with controlling her powers and we now have a theory that her powers will continue to grow to the point where she can shake down buildings and continents.

Funny, no Ward for the second week in a row and nothing on Raina. Fitz and Simmons are pretty much broken now.

We saw previews of Cal (Mr Hyde) building a super villian crew. But the question is, where are the other TG bombs.

[spoiler] besides Edward James Olmos joining the cast, there are also rumors that Jeremy Renner has also shot a scene for the show.

They continue to confirm that there will be events that lead to Age of Ulton. I wonder if the AOS are going to end up fighting one of his drones [/spoiler'

Old 03-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #252
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Clark Gregg (Coulson) posted the following on his Facebook page

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #253
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
We have to wonder who Bobby and Mac are working for, I doubt its Hydra, but I wonder if its S.W.O.R.D which would make sense with the whole Inhuman's story.
Spoiler maybe? But yeah, seems likely. It's Joss Whedon's invention after all iirc.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #254
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really Really fun episode last night, not to much revealed but was almost like a Josh Whedon special where you get to take a break before stuff really ramps up.

Spoiler!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #255
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Really Really fun episode last night, not to much revealed but was almost like a Josh Whedon special where you get to take a break before stuff really ramps up.

Spoiler!
Also very Whedon-esque to start introducing multiple factions. Should have known it wouldn't be Hydra vs. Shield forever. Three active factions running right now, and you know Hydra will come into play again at some point. Fun times!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #256
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyed the episode, though couple of things

Quote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Quote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #257
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

This show is night-and-day from the first half of last season. I'm not saying it's must see TV or going to win awards or anything, but I'm always happy when I see a new episode on the PVR. I've really been enjoying the show this season and am liking the increased links between the show and the film universe. Really interested to give Daredevil a viewing when it's released.
Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #258
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

That extended time with Agent 33 assuming different voices for an extended period of time was pretty painful with the bad voice over dubbing. Reminded me of bad chop-socky kung fu movies from 1970.

Next week's episode looks pretty bad ass with lots of things coming to a head. You have to figure that some of this is all to setup Age of Ultron and then pickup after Ultron in the fall for series 3...
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #259
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to say I'm starting to get really close to giving up on the series. The Hydra-within-Shield thing was already beyond dumb, but this new Shield thing is really making my suspension of disbelief work overtime.

So now we have another Shield that seems to actually have more resources than the one we generally see, that for some reason feels like it has to take over the other Shield in secrecy, despite the fact they identify themselves as the part of Shield that wants transparency?

Ri-ight... I am so not buying into that right now. I'm just so not interested in what will come out of it, because I'm starting to feel that it's probably just going to make my brain hurt. It didn't help that none of the dialogue was in any way interesting.

In fact this is a continuous problem with the whole series. There's potentially very interesting/entertaining stuff going on, but most of the time the characters really have nothing interesting to say about it.

Skye has been the worst. The character has been dragged through hell, but pretty much the only reactions we get to see is some OTHER character saying "she's changed". All Skye herself gets to do is look shocked, because more often than not she literally has no lines in a scene. It's such an amazing waste.

I also really didn't buy the way Skye's dad brought together his superevil posse. Or the makeup of that group. Nor was I really interested in it in any way.

I still like Fitz among other things, and I'm generally a sucker for all things Marvel, but right now I think I'll give it until the end of this season and then I'm done.

Last edited by Itse; 03-31-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #260
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I have to say I'm starting to get really close to giving up on the series. The Hydra-within-Shield thing was already beyond dumb, but this new Shield thing is really making my suspension of disbelief work overtime.

So now we have another Shield that seems to actually have more resources than the one we generally see, that for some reason feels like it has to take over the other Shield in secrecy, despite the fact they identify themselves as the part of Shield that wants transparency?

Ri-ight... I am so not buying into that right now. I'm just so not interested in what will come out of it, because I'm starting to feel that it's probably just going to make my brain hurt. It didn't help that none of the dialogue was in any way interesting.
Isn't this pretty par for the course with most things Marvel though? Seems to be plenty of organizations with SHIELD, SWORD, ARMOR, HAMMER, etc...