Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #21
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
I just took a long road trip in a brand new Santa Fe XL and loved it (granted I was passenger). Seating for 7 if you count the middle bench seat.

This Santa Fe was fully loaded and I really came to love the cooled seats. Also I don't really care about it, but heated rear seats could be quite the feature for those with kids.

For 40k the interior was very nice looking, although definitely not luxury as things like the interior door handles didn't appear to be the highest quality.

As Table5 said, it gives you the most "stuff" for your dollar. It's an option I'll be looking at when I go to purchase a new vehicle in a year or so.
Great thanks for that. We are looking at the 6 seater (pilot seats). Funny thing about the door handles, it was the one thing that I noticed that felt exceptionally cheap! Not sure why they went that route.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't speak to the current gen XL, but I've been very happy with my 2008. I bought it new, and haven't spent a dime on it other than oil changs/tires/brakes type stuff. We put 100k on it in 4 years, so there's been a substantially time when its been outside of warranty included in that sample.

Funny enough, I also have a wife who doesn't want a minivan, which is why we ended up with a crossover SUV. Seems like the Hyundai is the best value in the segment to me.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #23
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Great thanks for that. We are looking at the 6 seater (pilot seats). Funny thing about the door handles, it was the one thing that I noticed that felt exceptionally cheap! Not sure why they went that route.
It's always frustrating when manufacturers cheap out on the things that you touch everytime you drive. Touch points (things like the wheel, handles, radio buttons, elbow rests) is where they should make it extra nice as it gives the illusion that everything else is good too. Cheap out on materials in places that you barely ever touch instead. That $3 upgrade on the plastic in a handle can make all the difference in perception of quality.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something about this just ain't right.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #25
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
Something about this just ain't right.

Yeah you'd have to change your name to REDSUV
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #26
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I drove the Sante Fe and had some terrible road noise- not sure if it was just that tester model, but bleh we didn't like it.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #27
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any thoughts on how much to offer over what the dealership pays? Was thinking of doing a consumer report new car price sevice: http://crcanadacars.org/

Any luck with that approach?
Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #28
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you haven't already been working with someone, go see my friend Justin at Crowfoot Hyundai, and tell him Malcolm sent you to him!
malcolmk14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #29
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

My parents have 2013 and they love it. It's fully loaded and man are those cooled seats awesome.

I haven't heard them complain about their car once and I know my dad was even considering getting a second one.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #30
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
If you haven't already been working with someone, go see my friend Justin at Crowfoot Hyundai, and tell him Malcolm sent you to him!
Thanks! I do have a contact at the NE dealership but can't connect with him.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #31
pgsieve
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If it helps I just bought the Hyundai Elantra 2014. Minus them initially delivering the car without a door handle- I've been nothing but impressed. Great car!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #32
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
I drove the Sante Fe and had some terrible road noise- not sure if it was just that tester model, but bleh we didn't like it.

Very odd as the Santa Fe is known for being very quiet on the road. Mine is VERY quiet on the road and I live in the country, so think I would notice road noise more so than anyone living in the city.

I have a 2009 Santa Fe, the 3.6 liter V6, fully loaded, love it, and not one thing has gone wrong with it. It now has 57,000 km on it.

Well, I guess I should say I had to replace the tires at 50,000 km which I was not impressed with.

Last edited by redforever; 07-27-2014 at 10:24 AM.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #33
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just sold my 2008 Santa Fe. Overall it was a good car. The biggest issues we had were largely cosmetic as the interior is pretty cheaply built. We drove the hell out of it too with 5 of us, including 3 teenagers. It had a 3.6L V6 so it had decent power but I understand that the lower models can feel pretty gutless.

We're thinking about getting another one but we want something with a little more towing capacity.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #34
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

My Mom has a 2006 Santa Fe with almost 400K on it and she says its the best vehicle shes ever owned. She doesn't tow anything, but as a family run around and grocery getter, you could do much, much worse.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #35
gladaki
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I am confused between Toyota Venza and Nissan Rogue ?
gladaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #36
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
My Mom has a 2006 Santa Fe with almost 400K on it and she says its the best vehicle shes ever owned. She doesn't tow anything, but as a family run around and grocery getter, you could do much, much worse.
Damn that's a lot of mileage
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #37
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladaki View Post
I am confused between Toyota Venza and Nissan Rogue ?
My girlfriend drives the Rogue and I love it. Haven't ever driven a Venza but friends of ours bought one last year and they say it's solid.
malcolmk14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #38
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I've test driven a Venza. It feels basically like a big Camry from the driving position which bored me. The rear seats, space, layout, windows feels luxurious and limo like back there though. The flip down seat levers from the rear hatch are cool too.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #39
gladaki
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks..it's just venza and rouge is coming out to be approximate same price .i just can't decide on rogue or venza
gladaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #40
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Yup. Same year I had. The only thing I ever had to due was top up fluids, change the oil and brakes. It just kept running and running. I finally did trade it in because I wanted a new vehicle with all the bells and whistles (I had bought the Santa Fe used actually). I didn't get a new Santa Fe though. Really wanted to, but just couldn't afford it.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote