Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #41
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This is actually genius.

When I worked in retail some guy did this exact thing so my buddy and I put about 40 carts around the entrance blocking his vehicle in. /coolstorybro.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #42
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
There is a Facebook group for Lethbridge Parking Wars. Same thing. The only problem I have with it is people post pics of a truck and trailer taking up 3-4 spots at the back of the parking lot where nobody else parks. What else is the person supposed to do? The majority of the pics are of trucks parking over a line.
They were probably fine when the driver got out but then the wind pushed them over a few inches.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #43
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
When I worked in retail some guy did this exact thing so my buddy and I put about 40 carts around the entrance blocking his vehicle in. /coolstorybro.
I'd be tempted to put my cart on top of the guy's car. Am I wrong?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #44
Jedi Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have to say, this is like shooting fish in a barrel...

There is on street parking available just 50' away, no need to take up all of the spots right by the front entrance:

Two-for-one special - same place, same time. At least this dude is by the contractor's entrance.

Last edited by Jedi Ninja; 07-25-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Jedi Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #45
jeffh
Backup Goalie

Exp:

As I was staying at a motel in utah during a road trip, someone parked his k-car across two stalls all dbag-diagonally. At first I thought it was just a regular dbag maneuver, but after seeing it in different spots a couple more different times, I made an assumption. Guy must drive a ####ty kcar without an operational Reverse gear. Ha!
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #46
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ninja View Post

There is on street parking available just 50' away, no need to take up all of the spots right by the front entrance:

This one is bad, because he is right at the doors.

But I often drive a 1 ton truck, and/or tow a trailer for work, and I have to say if those big Trucks are parking far away from the doors taking up 3 or 4 spots shouldn't be looked at that negatively.

Allot of guys park far away and take up a few spot to be courteous, so the truck is not sticking out into the middle of the roadway, and the wheels aren't touching the lines on both sides of the stall.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #47
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I will always try to block in anyone who does crap like that by the doors.

But agreed wrt long trucks with trailers parked toward the back. That's an attempt at being courteous and shouldn't be viewed as negative.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #48
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

So CBC contacted me to be interviewed (I made a contribution to the Twitter feed earlier today). Not really my thing, so I declined. If anyone has posted their own photo and likes a bit of attention, contact Colleen Underwood (@cbccolleen) as she's doing a piece on it today, ASAP.

And here's my personal contribution :

Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #49
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
So CBC contacted me to be interviewed (I made a contribution to the Twitter feed earlier today). Not really my thing, so I declined. If anyone has posted their own photo and likes a bit of attention, contact Colleen Underwood (@cbccolleen) as she's doing a piece on it today, ASAP.

And here's my personal contribution :

The guy is doing work at Sunnyside, and with how that lot is layed out, if he parks with the lines, he will block the tinyyy access road.

Plus the place is dead, who cares? (Same with the empty Totem lot pictures above). People like you making deals out of nothing. Useless. Shame those who deserve shaming, not someone doing their job.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #50
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
The guy is doing work at Sunnyside, and with how that lot is layed out, if he parks with the lines, he will block the tinyyy access road.

Plus the place is dead, who cares? (Same with the empty Totem lot pictures above). People like you making deals out of nothing. Useless. Shame those who deserve shaming, not someone doing their job.
There's a loading dock at the end, and a massive parking lot across the street that could accommodate his vehicle. Plus loading areas on each side of the road that are within close proximity of the doors. Doing work there doesn't warrant eating up 3 customer spots.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #51
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's a loading dock at the end, and a massive parking lot across the street that could accommodate his vehicle. Plus loading areas on each side of the road that are within close proximity of the doors. Doing work there doesn't warrant eating up 3 customer spots.
You want him to haul his gear and materials across the road or all the way from the loading dock at the end when the entire lot is clearly empty in that picture? Hell, based on where he is parked, there are 3 cars in the entire lot besides him, the store could even be closed.

And with the Totem/Rona picture; you want the person to haul their materials across the lot and over to the road, when again, the lot is not busy at all?

Like I said, making a deal out of nothing for some internet "props".

Shame those taking up handicap stalls or being jerks intentionally. Not someone doing what everyone else would do in the circumstance.

Last edited by Ducay; 07-25-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #52
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ninja View Post

Two-for-one special - same place, same time. At least this dude is by the contractor's entrance.
I'm confused what the problem is, in your pictures there are 4 other cars in the entire parking lot combined, whom exactly is being inconvenienced by their parking?? FFS there isn't even another car in view in the second picture.

It looks like this is the Rona on 16th ave so there isn't exactly parking around suitable for trucks towing trailers, IMO their parking is completely reasonable given the layout of the parking and the busyness of the parking lot. But as someone who hauls a trailer around daily for work my perspective is probably different then yours.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dan02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #53
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately those are work trucks. The Rona ones are loading up supplies next to the doors, from whence the supplies appear.

Hasnt anyone ever dealt with contractors or had work done? They have to park close to where they're working because they've got too many tools to cart from the truck to the site back to the truck and so on.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #54
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So this guy who is working here all day and probably going out to his vehicle multiple times for materials and tools should park way across the street so you don't have to park a extra 3 stalls over?

Well one thing is for certain your picture definitely provides proof of a entitled d-bag, but i'm not so certain it's the person you think it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was actually parked halfway down, and all of the spots closer to the door were already taken. The lot was far from dead, and was getting fuller.

Again, use the loading area, or unload your tools and park properly somewhere. There is no reason that this person needed to take up three spots, working or not.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #56
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
So this guy who is working here all day and probably going out to his vehicle multiple times for materials and tools should park way across the street so you don't have to park a extra 3 stalls over?

Well one thing is for certain your picture definitely provides proof of a entitled d-bag, but i'm not so certain it's the person you think it is.
What's wrong with using the loading zone? He'd be right at the front doors - even closer than this.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #57
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

so you want him to park in the loading zone all day rather then let the customers use the loading zone?

You make no sense.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #58
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

(Not my photo)

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #59
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm always up for shaming those that park like jackasses, especially in a busy lot. But as pointed out, this guy was actually trying to make it easier for other customers to use the lot and get by his truck, and given there about 1 billion other spots available in that picture, expecting him to park across the street so he doesn't take up 3 spots is simply ridiculous (or completely block the loading zone).

Some perspective on these things is needed, pictures of trucks parked half a foot over the line in strip malls as the driver runs in to the Macs store for 2mins when most of the other spots in the parking lot are also vacant is simply whining for the sake of whining, versus actually pointing out legitimate acts of selfishness and disrespect from people who think their ####ty car is too good important or their time is more important to warrant that they park normally.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #60
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
(Not my photo)
^^^ Can he get four tickets for illegally parking in four handicapped spaces?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post: