Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #361
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its almost too bad that this weekend is a Chopper centric episode.
Yup, filler episode en-route.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #362
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Damn you both, Chopper is awesome!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #363
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Chopper is awesome, I just feel like there's been a lot of spinning of wheels this season where I was expecting more epicness given how last season ended and this season started. So for me it's just disappointment at a Chopper episode instead of Ezra dark side struggles Jedi holocron blue Empire dudes stuff.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #364
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've been thinking about it, and everyone keeps thinking there's some kind of slow burn or slow seduction of Ezra to the darkside.

If it happens it won't be a slow build, it will be something that happens that creates such a viceral response from Ezra that he will be tempted or just outright fall, and i do think its linked to the Blue Alien.

There's a character on this show that's important to Ezra, but he really has no storyline left, and I think its time to Die.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #365
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Still wish this had gone forward
What....what is this?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:44 PM   #366
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Pretty interesting episode, and one of the better toss out secondary character episodes

Spoiler!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #367
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
What....what is this?
Detours was a series that was going to be done by Seth Green and the rest of the Robot Chicken writers, but it was cancelled when Disney took over, which is too bad because Seth Green is a huge Star Wars fan boy and has a really unique take on Star Wars.

Plus I love the Emperor in Robot Chicken, he's so salty.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #368
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

And Bobba Fett

Old 03-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #369
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Chopper had some good lines in this episode, it seems to me that the show creators had a lot of fun making this episode. It seems weird to go from this to Maul next week with next to no build up between him and Obi-Wan since.. was that last season? Or the start of this season? Either way so long ago I almost forget what happened.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #370
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was this season.

I don't know if there needs to be a lot of buildup to it.

I thinks its odd that Kanaan has been strangely missing for the last two weeks.

I do expect that we're going to see the end of Darth Maul, and I also expect that at some point we're going to see young Luke in this episode and Obi-Wan swears the two to secrecy.

I also think that the Ezra fall is going to happen and there's going to be no build to it, its going to be gut wrenching and instant. At first I thought that it would be Kanaan, but I've changed my mind on that, I think that Sabine is going to make one more appearance in Rebels and if Ezra goes dark, she's going to be the trigger.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #371
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Second one won't embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWcPwh6XhM

Get hyped. I'm wondering if I should skip ahead in Clone Wars and watch the Obi-Wan/Maul arc before seeing this? I think I'm only on the beginning of season 4 right now.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-13-2017 at 11:05 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #372
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If you haven't its pretty crucial that you watch the Mandalorian arc in season 6 I think you might want to skip to it because it will do so much for the storyline.

Plus it has two moments where one is just incredibly emotional and you're crushed by it, the other moment you'll say "This is the S$$$" about 10 times.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #373
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Which specific episodes are those?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Wars_episodes

Guys on reddit are recommending (for Maul) Season 4 Episodes 21 (Brothers) and 22 (Revenge), Season 5 Episodes 1 (Revival), 14 (Eminence), 15 (Shades of Reason) and 16 (The Lawless).
Old 03-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #374
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Those are definitely the ones. that I would watch. the only other one would be the season 3 arc with Savage Opress but I don't know if it would add all that much.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #376
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Spoilered for size:

Spoiler!

https://twitter.com/DisneyXD/status/840019453916172289

Wait for it...

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-14-2017 at 02:27 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #377
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So we're in the finals for Rebels with three episodes left, I thought I would put a reminder up that the season finale which I think is the weekend after this one is a two parter.

There are some things that are really coming to a head

Of course the visions of Maul and Ezra that lead them to Tatooine. Ezra is looking for a weapon to fight the Empire, which I believe is Luke, Maul obviously is looking for revenge, which will lead him to Kenobi. Whatever happens at the end, we know that Kenobi is going to survive and stay on Tatooine. But is Maul going to survive? Is Kaanan going to survive?

Also

Spoiler!

What is the fate of Sabine Wren. Now that she's left the crew to help find a leader for her people, will we see her "One last time"? It just feels like her story has pretty much ended.

On top of that, what's going on with Zeb. He's become the background of background characters. There to make a quip and that's it. His story pretty much ended with the Kallus conversion and finding out that his people still survive. Is he a tragedy waiting to happen?

Where has Kaaan been? Do we actually believe he's been doing boring rebellion stuff? I think we're going to find out that he's been doing something very different.

What about Thrawn? He's been kind of a let down this year with his only cool moment being that he figured out who the traitor to the Empire is. But he's like that guy in the white suit in the old ninja movies, just standing there watching. But when he does something its awesome. (Thanks for that one Simpsons)

We know that the last two episodes are about the rebels attack on Lothal. Is it a bloody and brutal defeat. Do we convert from a rebellion with a secret base to one splintered across the galaxy fleeing for their lives.

What about Ezra's hinted fall to the darkside. He flirted with it in the first episode when we saw him using some dark tactics. I think that they intentionally dropped it so people would go, meh its not happening. But I believe when it happens its going to be quick and brutal and stunning.

Are we going to get another appearance by a key character besides Kenobi and maybe a teenager Luke who's addicted to the strippers at Toche station?

There are two characters that I would really like to see. Palpatine and Boba Fett.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #378
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So I watched the few episodes of Clone Wars that were recommended, well most of them:

Spoiler!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #379
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
So I watched the few episodes of Clone Wars that were recommended, well most of them:

Spoiler!
I don't think that Sabine is related to Dutchess Satine, however its still unclear if there's a relation to Bo Katarn Satine's sister.

Here's what's interesting Katee Sackhoff who voiced Bo-Katan in TCW confirmed that she's reprising her role in Rebel's season three, which means that she and Sabine are likely to show up in the season's final. Maybe some Mandolorians choose to join the rebellion.

However this is all probably unknown to Obi-Wan (Its funny with all of the rumors surrounding him. He's Sabine's fathers, he's Rey's father. I guess a woman in every port for Obi). However their story is baser. Maul hates Kenobi simply because he lost to Kenobi and got cut in half and spent years in madness and suffering. He came back with really only one thought and that was revenge. That's why I said that Maul was not a good Sith, because most Sith's can use the need for revenge, but they are rarely consumed by it. If they were Palpatine would have spent a life time hunting down Jar Jar Binks for ruining the prequels.

Even when Maul came up with plans out side of revenge, and the Mandalorian conquest plan was a good plan. Kenobi was there to foil it. He was the white whale to Mauls Ahab.

So it was logical for Maul to kill Satine (one of the really sad moments in TCW) and leave Obi alive to suffer as he did. But I don't think any kind of link to Sabine is really going to matter. And I really don't think Kenobi was capable of hating Maul because Ben was a pretty old school Jedi, he would have gotten rid of that attachment a long time ago. The same ability that he used to not chase Vader across the galaxy. Even when he fought Vader we didn't feel a sense of anger or hatred or a vengeance, we felt . . . inevitability.

There was a really good Death Watch episode where we first met Bo-Katan, when Ahsoka got caught up with Lux who was going to use the Death Watch to kill Dooku. It was the first real glimpse of the black saber.

I always really liked this sequence

I really enjoyed seeing Palpatine let loose but even in that fight you had a sense that he was holding back. One thing is certain though, Palpatine was enjoying it a lot.

Basically there was a novel where Palpatine fooled Maul into tracking down Mother Talzin the head of the witches for him.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #380
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Great now the fricken hamster wheel just spun.

When Ezra and Maul combined the holocron's that gave them the vision of the world with twin suns. They were both going to find that world because it offered them hope.

I tend to think that the simplest thing isn't always the right thing. They both know that Kenobi is there. But I can't believe in my mind that Maul is that simple minded.

The man that he wants revenge on sits on the throne. The main who trained him to be a Sith through torture and abuse and enslavement. The man who shed him aside and abandoned him after he lost to Kenobi even though he was still alive and Maul probably believes that his master knew he was alive.

Being abandoned to madness then making a triumphant return and conquering a world. Only for his master to return, cast him out, murder his brother and enslave him again.

Then Maul returns and goes after the ultimate power to in his words destroy the Sith, only to have his replacement ruin those plans.

He's after hope, he might know that Kenobi is on Tatooine, but I have my doubt that his quest is closure by killing Kenobi. "Whats his enemy protecting?", Is it a weapon to be used to enact his final revenge, because when they were linked Ezra talked about hope as well and something being there that could destroy the Sith.

Both men's targets Ezra's and Mauls are exactly the same. To find a weapon to destroy the Sith. Which to me seems almost un-jedi like on Ezra's part.

What happens if Maul gets to Luke. Would he take him. Luke's got to be what 13 or 14 or even 15 by now? Would Maul try to turn him to the dark side of the force? Or would he look at a life of rage and hatred that lead to loss and regret and emptiness?

Maul isn't a Sith anymore, he's an angry and desperate old man lashing out and trying to make his life mean something. He's been a slave his whole life. A slave to Palpatine, a slave to his attachments and the emotions.

I can certainly see Maul being killed and I believe that happens because there's not much story left to tell.

But what if Maul defeats Kenobi but doesn't kill him and see's the hope for the future and lets go of his hate and need for revenge and walks into the sunset.