Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Canuck fans at the dome: classless and trashy

Why is it every single time I attend a Flames game the opposing fan bases are always classy and there to have a good time while still being respectful. That is until I attend a game against the Vancouver Canucks.

Always drunk idiot Canuck fans talking trash or looking for a fight.

First, they were interviewing a little girl during a TV timeout and a Canuck fan comes onto the screen and starts muttering something while they are still talking to the girl. I would have really liked to be behind him so I could have smacked him up across his forehead.

Then after leading in the second period there were so many Canuck fans talking trash in the concourse with one very loud obnoxious one blocking a line and yelling "backup goalie!" over and over but forgetting that we don't even have a goalie that would be a starter on pretty much every NHL team.

Over the years there has not been a more trashy fan base attending the dome and I can't be the only one who has noticed it. I messaged someone off CP who has season tickets and asked if he was at the game and he responded with "I don't attend Canuck games because of their fans".

What makes Canuck fans as bad as they are? Even Oiler fans aren't even close to how douchy Canuck fans are and I am not painting them all with the same brush but just saying there is more d-bags in the Canuck fan base than any other fanbase in the NHL.

It is no wonder all of Canada hates you and were cheering against you in the Stanley Cup finals.

Get some class.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

B. C.. Mark it.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I heart Boston
Kswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Vancouver Riots of 2011 explain it all.
pepper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought you lived somewhere in the middle east
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was glad that this was the home opener. There was less than half of the normal amount of Nuck fans tonight.

I can't stand them either.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Canuck fans are like Rider fans. Can't stand them, but they themselves think they are the best fans in the league. Every other fanbase knows the truth though.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:
Icon46 <--- Bad people.

They're just not good people.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
Fairweather
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm from BC and I have to admit there's way too much smug here. I wish I could apologize for them all but it won't stop it.
Fairweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Canuck fans at the game tonight (that I noticed) were actually pretty good in comparison to previous games that I have been at.

It may have been because it was a Sunday game and not the usual Saturday game.
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bad people. I too was at the opener tonight and noticed numerous circumstances of irritating Canuck fans imposing upon others their onerous way of being.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
morgin
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Observation bias. I was at the game and everyone was pretty chill with each other and I didn't hear or see anything in the concourse or in the stands.

It's fun to have rivalries but keep it in the realm of sanity. This post reeks of an attempt to start a circle jerk.
morgin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morgin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was at the game as well and can also attest to dealing with some unruly Canuck fans. Just downright rude. There was a couple sitting in front of me and they were unruly and the one interaction I did have with them, the guy was a rude ###### weasel while the girl seemed at least tolerable (...despite her obnoxiousness).

That was the first Canucks game I had been to in years because of this.

I hate Canuck fans. I hate the Canucks.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

posted this in another thread...

On another note, been a STH for 10 years. Because of some corporate seats, we tend to get a fair number of fans in our section rooting for the other team. In all the games I've been to, there have been two incidents in my section.

Both times it was Nuck fans. Complete utter Delta Bravos. It's not just that they are the worst fans in the league, it's that there are fans, bad fans, the occasional Oiler mullet-head, and then 200 feet of steaming, three-day-whiskey-binge-induced diarrhea, and then Nuck fans.

****ing hate them.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

For what it's worth, I found the opposing fans were behaving well tonight.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
MissAvery16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

After spending four years in Vancouver I realized most of the ###### fans are generally from East Vancouver on. Also a lot of them actually don't know much about their own team. They just like to get drunk/rowdy and be the center of attention. If you don't pay any attention to them; they will try harder to be more annoying.
MissAvery16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgin View Post
Observation bias. I was at the game and everyone was pretty chill with each other and I didn't hear or see anything in the concourse or in the stands.

It's fun to have rivalries but keep it in the realm of sanity. This post reeks of an attempt to start a circle jerk.
Not observation bias at all.

This is the second city I've had seasons tickets in. I catch at least a few Flames games on the road every year. Nuck fans are pretty much the only problem I ever encounter, and can be counted on to be a problem.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #18
chalms04
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
The Canuck fans at the game tonight (that I noticed) were actually pretty good in comparison to previous games that I have been at.
This. Otto-matic and I were surrounded on three sides, and didn't have any run-ins. Even with our gratuitous cowbell use.

On the walk up to the 'Dome however, one of them called my red pants "offensive." So f 'em all.

Last edited by chalms04; 10-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.
chalms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chalms04 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still find Oilers fans to be worse overall.

Also, for some reason, Red Wings games attract a different type of idiot.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgin View Post

Disagree. It is sad that I was treated better in ghetto L.A as an opposing fan than in Calgary at the Saddledome.

You must not have been paying attention because they could be heard in the concourse pretty much any where I walked. I can't imagine how it would have been if they were actually leading in the second intermission.

They are like a pack of wolves. Alone they don't say much, but get them to the concourse where they can interact with fellow dbag Canuck fans and they're like a pack of wild wolves on a fresh piece of meat.

I feel bad for the minority of good Canuck fans who get thrown in with these d-bags. Probably the last Canuck game I'll attend.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote