Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #1841
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
A mod asked people to stop it above, please do so.
Stop what? There was no context to that post.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #1842
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I really doubt you need it spelled out.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #1843
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Stop what? There was no context to that post.
Let it go man. He's a troll plain and simple. He's on his last legs. His game is coming to an end. If it doesn't this thread will melt down, the mods will close it, and he'll get exactly what he wants. Ignore him and use the report button.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #1844
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Understood.
Wait photon engaged him too.
But still, understood
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #1845
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I do love the hand wringing over Obama.

"How will Democrats reconcile Obama taking cash for a speech from Wall Street?"

Probably by knowing he isn't the president anymore, or even a politician... why are Democrats the only ones who seem to know who the President is?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #1846
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a maroon: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17U0CA

Quote:
He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."
He thought being President of the United States would be easier than being a real estate mogul who sits in a gilded tower selling his name and hosting a reality show.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #1847
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #1848
Biff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's see. What's more problamatic: Us knowing an ex-president is taking money from a special interest group now that he's out of office OR the current president and his companies potentially taking money from an unknown number of interest groups, including foreign governments and operatives, because he won't disclose his taxes, completely recuse himself and his government-employed family members from their corporate interests, has hired an astounding collection of grifters and influence peddlers to run his campaign and administration, and several of which have failed senate confirmation and / or are under investigation by various agencies?

I know. It's a tough call to make.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #1849
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!

2:15 PM - 9 Feb 2016
I find it strange the support Patient protection and affordable Care act is getting these days I guess people really do hate Trump if it means supporting something he doesn't like.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #1850
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

He thought being President of the United States would be easier than being a real estate mogul who sits in a gilded tower selling his name and hosting a reality show.
I still don't think he ever wanted to be president or actually thought he would win! And now he's stuck and tying to get them to throw him out so he doesn't have to do the job anymore but can cry foul!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 PM   #1851
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
What a maroon:

He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

You know what, I'm actually going to sympathize with him a bit here. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to dismiss any stupid, horrible, clueless thing that he has done as (as sick as this even makes me to type) President of the United States....(barf)

Every President has things that they miss doing, the job is very restrictive in so many ways, in terms of things like just going for a drive, or to the store for a bag of chips. I can sympathize with that. You don't have a lot of freedom to do what you want (unless it's going to Tsar-a-Lago every weekend.) Not much else though. Even a dip#### idiot narcissist like Trump can get some culture shock.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 PM   #1852
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I do love the hand wringing over Obama.

"How will Democrats reconcile Obama taking cash for a speech from Wall Street?"

Probably by knowing he isn't the president anymore, or even a politician... why are Democrats the only ones who seem to know who the President is?

That's the hilarious part of this to me. When someone running for President is getting 400K from a Wall Street firm for a speech, certainly that's cause for concern, because how will that affect his or her policy choices?

But when someone is no longer President and can't really run for office again? Who cares if someone wants to give the guy an exorbitant amount of money to talk for an hour? It doesn't really affect anything other than his wallet at this point.

Again, for all of this worry about Obama, we've got a guy in office right now with more conflicts of interest than probably the last 6 Presidents combined and no one really cares all that much about those issues.

Oh, and after bringing up Planned Parenthood and "killing babies is wrong," Arkansas just executed their 4th prisoner in 7 days. Gotta hurry through these executions, their lethal injection drugs are expiring, so they're rush-executing as many people as possible.

But that's not for the pro-life types to worry about because those people are already out of the womb.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #1853
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynickname View Post

Oh, and after bringing up Planned Parenthood and "killing babies is wrong," Arkansas just executed their 4th prisoner in 7 days. Gotta hurry through these executions, their lethal injection drugs are expiring, so they're rush-executing as many people as possible.

But that's not for the pro-life types to worry about because those people are already out of the womb.
This part absolutely disgusts me. I firmly believe the death penalty is wrong (to be fair sometimes knee jerk reactions have made me wish for the death penalty, but reason eventually prevails.)

Now I have no idea about these cases, no opinion on them, no evidence either way, however these "rush executions" to save some money on the lethal injection drugs is horrific. I can't even articulate how wrong this is...
Old 04-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #1854
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Can we stop calling him a real estate mogul, he's just a shill that sells his brand, his dad was the real estate guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 04:03 AM   #1855
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roast Beef View Post
This part absolutely disgusts me. I firmly believe the death penalty is wrong (to be fair sometimes knee jerk reactions have made me wish for the death penalty, but reason eventually prevails.)

Now I have no idea about these cases, no opinion on them, no evidence either way, however these "rush executions" to save some money on the lethal injection drugs is horrific. I can't even articulate how wrong this is...
After reading a little on the crimes these guys did and eventually admitted, lethal injection with javex bleach would have been fine with me.

Hell, the public guillotine would be good for these idiots.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:58 AM   #1856
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was gonna kill NAFTA, but then they brought in some colouring books with maps of how badly cancelling NAFTA would screw his own voters over, and President Five Year Old was won over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.433bff3da8cd
Old 04-28-2017, 06:00 AM   #1857
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Plus there's this bat#### insanity too. Insecure is clearly an understatement. From the Reuters interview

Old 04-28-2017, 06:30 AM   #1858
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
That's the hilarious part of this to me. When someone running for President is getting 400K from a Wall Street firm for a speech, certainly that's cause for concern, because how will that affect his or her policy choices?
So how do you feel about Hilary's paid speeches before she became democrat presidential nominee? Remember Bernie with the "release the transcripts!"?
Old 04-28-2017, 06:34 AM   #1859
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
So how do you feel about Hilary's paid speeches before she became democrat presidential nominee? Remember Bernie with the "release the transcripts!"?
Man you're boring...

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 04-28-2017, 06:35 AM   #1860
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Comparing unborn babies to convicted murderers? Is this even a thing?
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Flames Fan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms