Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #1821
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steven Ogg deserves an award.

I think that no matter your inclinations we can all agree and be thankful that the goddamned garbage kids are finally dead.

Thank you Simon!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #1822
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Oh and Simon is going to be at the Calgary Expo this year!
Cool. I wonder if he'd sign my old high school yearbook?
Old 03-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #1823
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Can we all agree Simon is the most engaging character currently on the show?

I would love to see an hr long back story on him.

I am interested to see how it goes when Negan figures out or is told that Simon massacred the Garbage Pail Kids.
I'm surprised Ogg doesn't get more opportunities to carry a show (not necessarily TWD). My wife just despises him every time he's on camera which is the desired result of the Simon character almost more than Negan. Wether it be Better Call Saul, Westworld, or TWD, or even his voice in GTAV he steals every scene he's in.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #1824
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Just have the garbage people gone makes this a better show. Knowing that they were out there looming made the show worse. Like some mood killer at the party you just know is going to say something bad
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #1825
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Energy use is something that really isn't covered in the show. You never see them talking about gasoline; which would be in finite supply and would have stared to degrade by now. Then you have Carol baking cookies in a conventional oven. Even if that was a gas oven, there would be a limited supply of gas.

I would actually say that the dump is a logical place for them to have the resources to be able to have enough power to run that thing. Especially if what they alluded to is correct, that the dump is actually a cover for something bigger- something that would have a helipad.
Alexandria was a self sustaining off grid community developed before the apocalypse. There are solar grids in town.

Simon asked the garbage girl why they had solar panels and a helipad before he killed them all, so they must have had some power.

Solar power isn't that complicated, I'm sure in this scenario they would be cannibalized and jimmy rigged extensively.

The metal eater probably runs on 3 phase or 550 but that's easy to overlook.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #1826
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm a little worried Simon may get killed off by Negan because he took out the garbage people. This show can't afford to kill off the characters that you actually want to watch. Getting rid of Carl and the Garbage people was a good start. I'm at the point where they could kill off everyone except Rick, Daryl, Negan, and Simon and bring in a supporting new cast.
It would be a pretty bold move. I don't know if Negan could afford to get rid of Simon with Jerry and Dwight being gone.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #1827
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Can we all agree Simon is the most engaging character currently on the show?

I would love to see an hr long back story on him.

I am interested to see how it goes when Negan figures out or is told that Simon massacred the Garbage Pail Kids.
I think Rick finds out first. They showed the blue paint when Rick first arrived at the dump, and then made a point of showing it on Simon's shoe, twice.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 AM   #1828
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Finally a decent episode! That was pretty damn good. Steven Ogg was awesome, and I enjoyed the conversation between Rick and Negan.

And I agree, the zombie meat grinder was fun.
Except for Rick, who basically just dismissed the letter, or intention behind it and let it rile him up enough to break silence ONLY to more or less repeat what he's been saying over and over. Negan is showing that there are more dimensions to his character, whereas Rick is just constantly in survival, kill or be killed mode and unable to really see past that, even with his dead son calling him out. Boooo.

It's interesting that Simon is covering up mowing down the garbage people. Surely that will come out and Negan who believes in people being a currency won't be happy. They're planting the seed that Simon is growing tired of Negan's principles and maybe will start trying to eliminate people for survival, perhaps with his own little faction of deserters, to where Negan and Rick may have to begrudgingly team up for the sake of fighting a common threat.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #1829
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get the relevance of the paint of the shoe. I know they showed it a few times, but everybody under the sun knows that Simon was there, so whether he had blue paint on his shoe doesn't seem that important. It doesn't really show that he massacred them.

What is a little interesting is that there isn't going to be much evidence of the slaughter since Jadis ground up the bodies. For all anybody knows, they could have just taken off to a new landfill, unless Rick says something and confirms Negan's suspicions.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #1830
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's what I think will happen. Rick doesn't know it was Simon right now. I suspect the 3 of them will be in one spot, Rick will see the paint and call Simon out in front of Negan. That will be the first point Negan realizes Simon lied to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #1831
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That first episode...such a dog. For years I have wanted Carl to get taken out by the walkers. I've imagined a fantastic scene with him being torn to shreds in front of his dad. It was going to be one of the best episodes ever. I just wanted Carl gone. And now we finally get it, and this is what they make us suffer through? Cruel!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #1832
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That's what I think will happen. Rick doesn't know it was Simon right now. I suspect the 3 of them will be in one spot, Rick will see the paint and call Simon out in front of Negan. That will be the first point Negan realizes Simon lied to him.
It seems kind of clumsy reveal if that's how they go about it, since I don't think Rick cares that Simon killed the garbage people either. I mean, I don't see him going there and crying, "why did you have to kill them all?!?". Rick seemed pretty satisfied that they were dead, although he did spare Jadis.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #1833
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It seems kind of clumsy reveal if that's how they go about it, since I don't think Rick cares that Simon killed the garbage people either. I mean, I don't see him going there and crying, "why did you have to kill them all?!?". Rick seemed pretty satisfied that they were dead, although he did spare Jadis.
He didn't exactly help Jadis either. I agree Rick doesn't care if the garbage people live or die. They double crossed him, made him battle that Mad Max zombie, and put him in a shipping container naked. Rick has a lot of reasons to hate the garbage people. In fact, if it wasn't for their initial betrayal, Rick would have probably steam rolled Negan.

I actually don't mind Jadis as a solo character. The actor who plays her has potential. i just hope she'll start speaking normally. The baby talk is intolerable.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 AM   #1834
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
He might not care he killed them but he could still call him out on it.

I could see Rick seeing the paint and saying to Simon "Wait, you killed them?" not knowing he lied to Negan. Negan gets pissed at Simon for lying to him and all of a sudden Rick just weakened The Saviors.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #1835
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
He didn't exactly help Jadis either. I agree Rick doesn't care if the garbage people live or die. They double crossed him, made him battle that Mad Max zombie, and put him in a shipping container naked. Rick has a lot of reasons to hate the garbage people. In fact, if it wasn't for their initial betrayal, Rick would have probably steam rolled Negan.

I actually don't mind Jadis as a solo character. The actor who plays her has potential. i just hope she'll start speaking normally. The baby talk is intolerable.
She did start speaking normally when she was asking Rick for help. Which was a relief because yeah I hated the Mad Max we've forgotten the English language thing too.

I think Rick is going to go back for her after the little talk him and Michonne had during the drive. then they'll both end up in front of Negan where Simon will get outed by Jadis, because I am pretty sure he thinks she's dead.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:45 PM   #1836
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t understand. Now just getting the blood on you will cause an infection?
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 PM   #1837
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Don’t understand. Now just getting the blood on you will cause an infection?
Getting cut open with Lucille's gooey barb wire will be just like a bite.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #1838
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was another good episode. A few weird things - I didn’t really think Tara could keep up with Dwight, even though he was injured.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #1839
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Getting cut open with Lucille's gooey barb wire will be just like a bite.
I guess. Just feels like something that would have come up before.
They are slopping the stuff on themselves all the time, or getting splatter on them when bashing one in the head.
So what's the different between that and Negan's blood soaked bat?
Still don't get it.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #1840
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I guess. Just feels like something that would have come up before.
They are slopping the stuff on themselves all the time, or getting splatter on them when bashing one in the head.
So what's the different between that and Negan's blood soaked bat?
Still don't get it.
It is lazy writing.

I still hold out hope for this show, but it is faint hope.

More Simon will help, IMO.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote