Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #1801
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Ok, sure, so you're anti-abortion (I won't say pro-life, because you seem to have little disregard for human life past the fetus stage)
Ouch.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #1802
Cube Inmate
First Line Centre

Exp:

So, today I learned that cheap and plentiful aluminum flowing into the US is a national security crisis in the making:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...etary-commerce

Apparently Canada produces 7% of the world's aluminum (vs. USA's 4%), lagging behind only China and Russia. So, apparently it's better to alienate all of your suppliers, increase production costs, and decrease supplies than to have a friendly northern neighbour with ample supplies working with you.

Did Fox News air a sob story about the American aluminum industry within the last few days?
Old 04-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #1803
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube Inmate View Post
So, today I learned that cheap and plentiful aluminum flowing into the US is a national security crisis in the making:
Trump is desperate to sign as many pieces of paper in front of cameras as possible in the next day or 2.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #1804
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah, I'm sure the advertising space costs have gone up a lot for Fox and other networks Trump is known to watch and make decisions based upon. Surprised all American industry groups haven't started non-stop ads on those media sources to tug at the President's Cheetos powdered heart.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #1805
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
Paging Fozzie_Bear. This is your time to demonstrate how your strategy of communication skills, logic and policy will hopefully allow them to spout more than just Alex Jones talking points.
Yes, please, I'd like to see this in practice.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #1806
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Trump has a red button on his desk that doesn't launch nukes, but instead orders a Coke.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Trump revealed the purpose of a "red button" on his desk, which apparently is used to summon a butler with a Coke for the president.

“With the push of a red button placed on the Resolute Desk that presidents have used for decades, a White House butler soon arrived with a Coke for the president," the AP reported.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...at-orders-coke
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #1807
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
If only hard right conservatives cared half as much for real-life people as they do about aborted fetuses.

What a world that would be.
no kidding... still having trouble believing that a nation of Christians think a baseline of universal healthcare is a bad thing?!

you were the last Western democracy to provide universal health care to its citizens and now the kleptocracy wants it repealed... for what?

To fund tax cuts to the wealthy, that's what... its no wonder people are calling it Wealthcare...

I guess "Love Thy Neighbor" only counts when they are wealthy and look like you...

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #1808
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the advertising space costs have gone up a lot for Fox and other networks Trump is known to watch and make decisions based upon. Surprised all American industry groups haven't started non-stop ads on those media sources to tug at the President's Cheetos powdered heart.
did you see the ones John Oliver paid to put on? hilarious.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #1809
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boeing apparently won't cut prices for the 737 Max so they are planning to make it difficult for Bombardier through Trump. Expect Trump to pick this up soon and start charging absurd tariffs.

Quote:
Boeing Co. said on Thursday it had asked the U.S. Commerce Department for an investigation into alleged subsidies and unfair pricing for Canadian planemaker Bombardier’s C-Series airplane.

The request for anti-dumping measures was also addressed to the U.S. International Trade Commission, a federal trade agency, the U.S. planemaker said in a statement.

“Bombardier has embarked on an aggressive campaign to sell CSeries aircraft into the U.S. market at absurdly low prices – less than $20-million for airplanes that cost $33-million to produce, based on publicly available information,” Boeing said in an emailed statement.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle34837193/
Old 04-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #1810
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Trump has a red button on his desk that doesn't launch nukes, but instead orders a Coke.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Trump revealed the purpose of a "red button" on his desk, which apparently is used to summon a butler with a Coke for the president.

“With the push of a red button placed on the Resolute Desk that presidents have used for decades, a White House butler soon arrived with a Coke for the president," the AP reported.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...at-orders-coke
LBJ had a Fresca tap:

Adjacent to the Oval Office is a small private lounge where the President can go to take a break, catch a quick nap, or even just hide to freak out the Secret Service guys. Originally designed for the Eisenhower administration, it's outfitted with a couple of comfy chairs, some TVs, and direct phones to all the most important aides. LBJ liked it for more informal, one-on-one meetings, and to make it feel more like home, he had a "Fresca" button installed right next to the "Coffee" button, so he could get a glass of his favorite soda whenever he wanted.

http://historyisfunny.blogspot.ca/20...house.html?m=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #1811
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
Paging Fozzie_Bear. This is your time to demonstrate how your strategy of communication skills, logic and policy will hopefully allow them to spout more than just Alex Jones talking points.
Ha! I really only said that calling Trump supporters dumb was counter-productive.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 04-27-2017, 04:24 PM   #1812
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Ouch.
I love how you keep saying murder about aborted fetuses but gosh darn, when the subject of US military strikes killing children comes up, you just can't seem to have a straight answer! Still waiting on your answer and it's been over a month!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #1813
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I love how you keep saying murder about aborted fetuses but gosh darn, when the subject of US military strikes killing children comes up, you just can't seem to have a straight answer! Still waiting on your answer and it's been over a month!
Gotta break a couple eggs to make an omelette dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #1814
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Yes, please, I'd like to see this in practice.
Ha...why don't you demonstrate how your cutting wit and calling him a dumbass are working towards showing him the futility of his position?

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT

Last edited by Fozzie_DeBear; 04-27-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #1815
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Ouch.
Wasn't meant to be cutting, it was an observation of your politics thus far, happy to be wrong.

I'd still like a post that answers the questions I asked though, but I'm not particularly hopeful I'll get one based on your history, so no harm done either way.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #1816
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the question that no one is asking is: Is America great yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #1817
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have we all received enough entertainment value out of TFF now? This is getting old fast. I don't get what satisfaction there is to waste time responding to him. He is probably crossposting crap to several forums like Springs does.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #1818
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
Ha...why don't you demonstrate how your cutting wit and calling him a dumbass are working towards showing him the futility of his position?
Don't worry, I gave up on him when I read his first post. I knew he was beyond help, like 99.9999999% of Trump supporters.

Last edited by DuffMan; 04-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #1819
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
It's pretty clear with this particular poster (and a great majority of Trump supporters) that neither strategy will probably work. At least mocking them is somewhat cathartic.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #1820
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of FOX News, sounds like big trouble a-brewing. Imagine FOX gets shut down under Trump.

Quote:
The U.S. Justice Department's investigation of Fox News has widened to include a second law enforcement agency.

Financial crimes experts from the United States Postal Inspection Service are now involved, according to four sources connected to the investigation.

Mail fraud and wire fraud cases are part of the USPIS purview.

Investigators from both the USPIS and the Justice Department have been conducting interviews in recent weeks -- including with some former Fox staffers -- to obtain more information about the network's managers and business practices, the sources said.

The existence of the federal investigation was revealed in February. At the time Fox News and its parent company 21st Century Fox said they had not been subpoenaed, but a spokeswoman said, "we have been in communication with the U.S. Attorney's office for months — we have and will continue to cooperate on all inquiries with any interested authorities."

Contacted about this story, the Justice Department and the USPIS had no comment. 21st Century Fox also declined to comment.
Quote:
Investigators have been probing possible misconduct by Fox News personnel and asking questions about the overall environment at the network.

Investigators have also been asking questions about mysterious confidants of Ailes -- people who were known inside Fox as "friends of Roger."

Ailes, through Fox News, employed a number of longtime friends as consultants, for purposes that remain unknown. One of the consultants earned $10,000 a month by submitting a monthly invoice to Fox.

When Ailes was forced out of Fox News last July, some of the consultants were also dismissed.
"Longtime friends of Roger's dating back to the '70s are beginning to exit the building," a source told CNNMoney in August.

Some of the people interviewed by investigators have been asked about these "friends of Roger" and what they did behind the scenes at Fox.

While the Justice Department has not commented on the investigation, it is clear, according to the sources connected to it, that Ailes and settlement payments are only one part of the probe.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/medi...ion/index.html

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms