Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hiow do you like the leaked jersey?
Like 185 24.03%
Dislike 585 75.97%
Voters: 770. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #161
MikePatton
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Oh my god.
MikePatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #162
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think I might wear pedestal jerseys to every game this year in protest. Barf.

We gave up having retro red and whites for this? At least Edmonton does something right.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #163
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had expected the Flames to come out with another horrible uniform, and they didn't disappoint.

(Hopefully this is a fake, but I doubt it)
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #164
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's the worst uni I've ever seen... Easy

If even take those BUF ones over these
PlayfulGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #165
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #166
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why put the city name on a home jersey?
Old 10-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #167
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Simply an abomination.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #168
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Best looking logo in pro sports and this is what they come up with? Wow.

Could have been so much more.
Dajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #169
CGYNHL
Farm Team Player

Exp:

This must be a joke.
CGYNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #170
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't HATE it as a 3rd, as 3rds are supposed to be a unique departure from the home and aways. And the script is alright, kinda neat to see a departure from our norm. The stripes are nice, and it's awesome to see a Flames jersey without piping. The alternate logo as well is pretty cool.

The problem (and it could just be an issue with the EA mockup, jerseys sometimes look a bit off in the game) is the slab of black on the shoulders. Literally, a slab. I'm not sold on the squared off shoulders yet, but these need to have some kind of yellow trim to break up the slab of black at least. They seem disjointed from the rest of the jersey, and I feel that Reebok had a huge hand in it. It could be much larger in the game as it actually will be in real life, but even a thinner 'slab' will still break up the jersey. If the game is representing it fairly, then it's also much too large.

They seem to be pushing this squared off look pretty hard from what we've seen in the new jerseys, and this smacks of Reebok getting involved with the 'you guys really need to try this new jersey design out!' idea.

Just a SUPER quick Photoshop to demonstrate what I mean, doesn't the picture on the left look a lot cleaner, and more likely what a respected designer would be submitting? Then, get the marketing team at Reebok involved, and 45 people with an opinion... and you get yet another team introducing a jersey this year with a squared off shoulder yoke:

Edit, and as a quick fix to break up the 'slab' and integrate it more with the rest of the jersey:

Last edited by Split98; 10-06-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #171
mesaywee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Looks like our team name is the Calgary C's.
mesaywee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mesaywee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #172
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
I don't HATE it as a 3rd, as 3rds are supposed to be a unique departure from the home and aways. And the script is alright, kinda neat to see a departure from our norm. The stripes are nice, and it's awesome to see a Flames jersey without piping. The alternate logo as well is pretty cool.

The problem (and it could just be an issue with the EA mockup, jerseys sometimes look a bit off in the game) is the slab of black on the shoulders. Literally, a slab. I'm not sold on the squared off shoulders yet, but these need to have some kind of yellow trim to break up the slab of black at least. They seem disjointed from the rest of the jersey, and I feel that Reebok had a huge hand in it. It could be much larger in the game as it actually will be in real life, but even a thinner 'slab' will still break up the jersey. If the game is representing it fairly, then it's also much too large.

They seem to be pushing this squared off look pretty hard from what we've seen in the new jerseys, and this smacks of Reebok getting involved with the 'you guys really need to try this new jersey design out!' idea.

Just a SUPER quick Photoshop to demonstrate what I mean, doesn't the picture on the left look a lot cleaner, and more likely what a respected designer would be submitting? Then, get the marketing team at Reebok involved, and 45 people with an opinion... and you get yet another team introducing a jersey this year with a squared off shoulder yoke:
I know what you mean, and I think the video game rendering makes it look a little clunkier then it will be on the finished produced.

Here's a pic of Carolina, who has the squared off shoulders, in action and from various viewing angles. The red goes down the back far enough to include the namebar.
Minnesota, the other with the squared off shoulder, doesn't have this happen on the back, instead, a namebar looking like it's for seniors it's so large.

Last edited by browna; 10-06-2013 at 02:34 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #173
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I know what you mean, and I think the video game rendering makes it look a little clunkier then it will be on the finished produced.

Here's a pic of Carolina, who has the squared off shoulders, in action and from various viewing angles. The red goes down the back far enough to include the namebar.
Minnesota, the other with the squared off shoulder, doesn't have this happen on the back, instead, a namebar looking like its for seniors its so large.

Wonder which the Flames pick, likely white names and numbers, using the black background for the name bar.
I don't hate what Carolina did including the namebar with the shoulder yoke... it's kinda cool and I wouldn't mind if they did that.

But as both your pictures point out, neither Carolina or the Wild's shoulder yokes extend as far down the front as this EA render shows Calgary's. I really hope the real life version is much more similar to the Wild/Hurricane's where it stops much higher up on the jersey.

Edit: On second look, I hope they don't extend it down as far as Carolina's. Carolina's look fine (though the rest of the jersey is... Canadian), but the black on red will again just be a 'slab' I really hope it ends up being closer to the Wild's... and that EA neglected to include a bit of shoulder striping to break up the black 'slab'.

Edit Again: Just noticed in one of the pics you can see the back, and the yoke doesn't extend to the namebar. Phew!

Last edited by Split98; 10-06-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #174
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either go with the logo or the word mark ... But not both, it's ugly
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGenius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #175
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post

Edit, and as a quick fix to break up the 'slab' and integrate it more with the rest of the jersey:
I like your version better, for sure... Now take the word mark off there and center the logo.. And you got yourself a jersey!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #176
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quick, everyone email bomb Ken King and demand they strip the script from the jerseys before release.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #177
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

Horrible. Why mess with the C on the front? Anything else, as long as it had a normal C on the front, would have been better than this. The shoulder patch is cool. Ugh. I would not buy this jersey.
Neeper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neeper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #178
irrevocable
Scoring Winger

Exp:

what in the sweet mother.. awful.
irrevocable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #179
playmaker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As a non-native english speaker, I probably can't fully express my frustration but I'll do my best. Well, there are so many flaws I don't even know where to start.

1. We are Calgary Flames. Not New Jersey Flames. Not Calgary Devils. We are CALGARY FLAMES. In other words, the look and feel of leaked jersey is embarrassingly similar to NJD home uniforms, especially when using the same black squared off yokes. Distinguishing ourselves from other teams should be
the first thing in mind when designing a new jersey. I don't like the amount of black on our current home uniforms either, but it's at least not located on the shoulder area.

2. If they really had to introduce the wordmark together with a down-sized logo on the front, why the heck using the same color and putting them so close to each other? It's a mess. IMHO the white flaming C would make it slightly better.

3. Yellow has been reduced to minimum so it's almost unnoticeable from distance.
This further emphasizes the NJD look.

4.Those pants do not match stripes on the jersey.

5. Last but not least... I still think that our primary logo looks best in white outlined in yellow (possibly in black as well). And we're getting rid of it ? Strange decision.

I'm very disappointed, hopefully these will not last very long.

Last edited by playmaker; 10-06-2013 at 06:10 AM.
playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to playmaker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #180
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Puke. That is all.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canucks suck , flames new jersey , oilers suck , third jersey