Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #161
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
In Canadian news, Hoilett played a full 90 against Aston Villa with no goals. Norwich plays tomorrow, and I'm guessing that Jackson won't see any action (I believe he's 4th on their depth chart)
I heard Hoilett assisted on Villa's goal. I only watched a few minutes of that match but he was pretty active from what I saw.
The Following User Says Thank You to TopChed For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #162
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
In Canadian news, Hoilett played a full 90 against Aston Villa with no goals. Norwich plays tomorrow, and I'm guessing that Jackson won't see any action (I believe he's 4th on their depth chart)
Hoilett assisted on their only goal and was lively.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #163
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jackson was subbed in the 84th minute of Norwich City - Stoke City to make his BPL debut! Awesome!

Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #164
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of Norwich, even if I take my yellow-coloured glasses off, they were definitely hard done by today. The ref gave a penalty and a red card, even though the foul happened 5 yards outside of the box. Penalty was saved, but it was a momentum shift in the match. And where did he find 5 minutes to add on? 2 or 3 tops... Even the commentators were confused by some of the officiating.

Oh well - a point was still earned, but they really did deserve to have their first win today.

Next up - Chelsea. I'll happily take a point at Stamford Bridge, but a lot of things will have to go right.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #165
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

An regarding Jackson, even though he didn't have long to do anything, and Norwich were playing with 10 men, he put some pressure on their defenders and seemed comfortable. Grant Holt has been largely invisible offensively in the Canaries' first two matches (aside from frustrating the opponents a bit), so maybe we'll see Jackson subbed on a little more often now. They could use the extra speed up front, I think.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #166
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have found a huge respect for Bolton Wanderers today.

City were playing the ball around them and passing incredibly well, they were going at Bolton in wave after wave of high paid internationals but never once did Bolton back down.

I have a massive respect for a team with that kind of ethic and attitude. They went toe-to-toe with a heavyweight and decided to trade punches and did it well.

What an entertaining game, and massive respect. This is one of the most fun games I've ever watched. The only thing City didnt do was actually just throw money on the pitch to pay Bolton to lay down and die.

Owen Coyle's men should hold their heads high after this match, win, lose or draw.

I'll definitely be tuning into more Wanderer's matches.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #167
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Indeed. It would be great to see an injury time tying goal.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #168
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ever since Coyle came in Bolton have been a very fun team to watch, he's a very good manager I think he has a bright future
Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #169
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14610773.stm

this is absolutely embarrassing, what an absolute loving tw@t

Not even Berbatov, Ronaldo, or even Nasri have refused to play in a game when they wanted away. Just despicable
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #170
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Hoilett assisted on their only goal and was lively.
was a great cross too, he looks to be a real prospect
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #171
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

BBCFarayi Farayi Mungazi
by philmcnulty
Breaking News!!! Nigerian police confirm to the BBC that they have found John Mikel Obi's father alive and well in Kano. #Chelsea #cfc

great news
Old 08-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #172
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are Spurs throwing this game?

Brad Friedel? Jake Livermore? Kyle Walker?

Gomes on the bench and Modric's 'head not in the right place?'

Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #173
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyle Walker is England's RB

Friedel is a very good keeper, I still prefer Gomes, but Friedel is steadier which at OT is probly better

Livermore is because of injuries, Huddlestone/Jenas aren't fit enough to play 90
Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #174
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Kyle Walker is England's RB

Friedel is a very good keeper, I still prefer Gomes, but Friedel is steadier which at OT is probly better

Livermore is because of injuries, Huddlestone/Jenas aren't fit enough to play 90
Wikipedia tells me that Kyle Walker has played a grand total of '0' games for England's first team and only a handfull for the U21s, but that he has potential.

Brad Friedel, okay hes a solid keeper with good experiencebut if you're going to go with Gomes as you're #1 how do you keep him on the bench against Man U?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #175
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see that they've just given up with the rest of the strikers and decided to play VdV as their high target man.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #176
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wikipedia tells me that Kyle Walker has played a grand total of '0' games for England's first team and only a handfull for the U21s, but that he has potential.

Brad Friedel, okay hes a solid keeper with good experiencebut if you're going to go with Gomes as you're #1 how do you keep him on the bench against Man U?
He was called up for the last friendly that was canceled, and Fabio was talking him up big and said he would get the start

Villa fans loved him last year on loan
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #177
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I see that they've just given up with the rest of the strikers and decided to play VdV as their high target man.
ya he seems to be playing higher than Defoe

wont matter if the Ref isn't going to give clear fouls though, Phil Jones seems to be getting the respect of a 10 year vet taking down Bale multiple times
Old 08-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #178
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
ya he seems to be playing higher than Defoe

wont matter if the Ref isn't going to give clear fouls though, Phil Jones seems to be getting the respect of a 10 year vet taking down Bale multiple times
Its a strange game, Friedel is playing well but Spurs cant defend to save their lives, its a fire drill back there.

That being said, Spurs are moving forward well, but the finish is horrible. Lennon, why are you shooting from that angle when VdV is standing unmarked in acres of space. Cut it back! But no, shoot from a damn near impossible angle and concede the goal kick instead. That'll work.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #179
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

And Wayne Rooney looks like a mental patient.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #180
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lennon needs to forfeit his pay this week
Closed Thread