Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2022, 04:52 PM   #161
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
So's your mom!
Died of pancreatic cancer in 2016. Doubt it.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:02 PM   #162
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
jesus christ ice cream trucks are ####ing loud and annoying
Look at the 'Fun Police' up over here!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:08 PM   #163
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lol. Hating ice cream trucks.. doesn't the little kid inside you perk up at least a little bit?! Never go full Grinch man. Then you're truly lost.

Time to grow your heart by 3 sizes. Think of the joy its bringing to all the little kids.

Continue down this path and next thing you know the sun is too bright and grass is too green.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:10 PM   #164
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

What a world we live in, where people complain about ice cream arriving right outside their doors.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #165
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also hate the sound of ice cream truck...

I can never get out there fast enough.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:16 PM   #166
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
What a world we live in, where people complain about ice cream arriving right outside their doors.
The things people find to complain about, you can tell instantly that they need a serious dose of perspective.

We have it sooooooooo good compared to 2/3 of the planet.

That's why I get out into nature as often as possible. You get dirty and rained on and sore but you find that out there its so peaceful that despite those things nobody complains.

Too much time in the city leads to creating teeny tiny first world problems and fixations on objectively inconsequential ####.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #167
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol. Imagine an Ice Cream truck roaming your neighbourhood and it puts you in the mood for a cone....so you log-in to Skip-The-Dishes and order some....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2022, 05:36 PM   #168
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Died of pancreatic cancer in 2016. Doubt it.
Damn man, sorry.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:28 PM   #169
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay so for context, I work from home, and I had to have my window open today because it was so hot in my office. And, the ice cream truck I swear to God was like a God damn air raid siren. Funny story though, my kids actually went and got some ice cream and brought one up for me. It was delicious
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2022, 07:29 PM   #170
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have good kids.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:53 PM   #171
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

The legendary story I’ve been told (I have no memory of it) is when I was a young kid the ice cream truck came rolling by. I had some money in my drawer which I got, went out and paid for my ice cream. The only problem was the money in the drawer was some silver dollars my parents for some reason left there. This would be a posthumous gear grinder for my parents.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:55 PM   #172
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got a parking ticket for parking on the street on a street cleaning day. I was parked there for all of 5 minutes to drop my kids off at school as I do every day as were dozens of other parents. Time on ticket was 9:00am, right at the height of school drop off. There was zero signage that I saw and there was no street cleaning activity. Yes, I live in the neighborhood and I checked my street and it’s not due to be cleaned until June 16, so how in the hell am I supposed to know that this particular street was being cleaned on June 3 with no signage?

Either way, I mean it’s 9AM in front of a school where everyone is dropping their kids off, come on CPA, work with the community— mr camera car man should see that it’s drop-off and maybe try again in 10 minutes and everyone clears out— totally not a cash grab though.

Anyways I’ll pay the ticket, I’m guilty, but the communication about street cleaning sucks. I ALWAYS move my car so it especially GMG that I got dinged for this one.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:04 PM   #173
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Did you u turn bro?
8 Ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:55 AM   #174
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellefan View Post

Anyways I’ll pay the ticket, I’m guilty, but the communication about street cleaning sucks. I ALWAYS move my car so it especially GMG that I got dinged for this one.
Yes, this year they put up signs in my neighbourhood that they were coming one day and then came the day before. It didn't really affect me, as I don't park on the street, but I wanted my one neighbour to use my garage when I was at work, so the street could get cleaned properly.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:15 AM   #175
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
The things people find to complain about, you can tell instantly that they need a serious dose of perspective.

We have it sooooooooo good compared to 2/3 of the planet.

That's why I get out into nature as often as possible. You get dirty and rained on and sore but you find that out there its so peaceful that despite those things nobody complains.

Too much time in the city leads to creating teeny tiny first world problems and fixations on objectively inconsequential ####.
uh. no, it's the gear grinder thread, for complaints big or small.

Yeah, all know we do have it good compared to others, doesn't mean we can't bitch about things that affect our actual lives.

you know what? My wife and I decided this week we had to park the car. Only to be used for emergencies or doctors appointments. We just can't afford to use the car anymore. can't afford the wear and tear and especially the gas. $1.90 gas just put us over the top. we're done. Can't afford to drive in a city set up for driving. it makes me sad, and grinds my gears and makes me feel like a failure as a husband and father.

Know what isn't going to help? Someone telling me that many people have it worse and I need perspective.
Going for a walk in nature isn't going to make my problems go away.

You don't want complaints? stay out of the freaking grind my gears thread and hang in the what makes me happy thread.

Hey ice cream OP, they are loud and annoying. and expensive.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 06-10-2022 at 07:19 AM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #176
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I wouldn’t worry about it. The beauty of the RGGM thread is the balance between the gear grinders and the jury deciding whether they’re truly GG or not. Sometimes the most nitpicky GG are good and valid, sometimes the bigger ones feel like useless complaining.

Plus, djsFlames eye-opening perspective on the hardships of humanity comes from going outside and “getting rained on” so I’m not sure he’s got much going on in his life.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:56 AM   #177
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to Ice Cream Truck drivers... There is a pestilence upon this land.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:34 AM   #178
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I wouldn’t worry about it. The beauty of the RGGM thread is the balance between the gear grinders and the jury deciding whether they’re truly GG or not. Sometimes the most nitpicky GG are good and valid, sometimes the bigger ones feel like useless complaining.

Plus, djsFlames eye-opening perspective on the hardships of humanity comes from going outside and “getting rained on” so I’m not sure he’s got much going on in his life.
I’d bet if an ice cream truck showed up in his outdoors his gears would be ground too.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:36 AM   #179
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Except 90% of the time it’s just people intentionally misinterpreting the gg and getting it wrong. I liked it better when people actually weighed in on the gg’s and didn’t just post some tangential rant.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:08 AM   #180
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Being sick, just a couple weeks after being sick… which was first time being sick since early 2020. Nobody needs a double header of illness.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote