Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1581
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

His lawyer was right to call him out on this one. The people who hate Zimmerman aren't going to see this and just shrug their shoulders, they're going to see it and their hatred for him will rise and the likelihood someone tries something on him will also rise. Nothing to gain from doing this, but this should just reinforce that this guy isn't particularly bright to begin with.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #1582
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think that anyone has ever claimed that Zimmerman was SMART...just that he wasn't guilty of murder.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #1583
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
He would be thanking the person who rescued him

...not the person who assaulted him
so..."the person who rescued him" is a metaphor for a gun, in this case?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #1584
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I don't think that anyone has ever claimed that Zimmerman was SMART...just that he wasn't guilty of murder.
I think part of the question is, was Zimmerman's motive self defence or did he get a bang out of killing the teen. Going to the arms manufacturer and having his smiling photo taken, suggests to me, that he enjoyed pulling the trigger.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #1585
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

WTF is wrong with you people? I have no clue why he went, but I would guess it is because he truly feels that the gun saved his life. The guy was cleared and should enjoy a normal life but won't because of people like you.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #1586
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
WTF is wrong with you people? I have no clue why he went, but I would guess it is because he truly feels that the gun saved his life. The guy was cleared and should enjoy a normal life but won't because of people like you.
So you don't have a clue why he went to the factory, but you'll guess that he truly feels the gun saved his life is the reason he went to the factory?

"People like us" are on a message board primarily dedicated to the discussion of hockey. We aren't going to stop this maggot from living his $hitty life.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #1587
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

At this point he's a private citizen, what he does is irrelevant as long as he's not breaking the law.

With all of the threats to his life, with Black Panther groups offering bounties and bragging about celebrities contributing to them, I don't blame him for going to a gun factory.

Its not like he's breaking the terms of his probabtion or any law, its a non story that people think is a story.

It just seems that people want to continually villianize the guy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #1588
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Yes, exactly. This guy was just doing what every normal citizen does; Taking a tour of a weapons factory and grinning while shaking hands with an employee, after killing someone with one of their weapons. Just another day for a normal guy.

This guy seems pretty ######ed, and I honestly bet it's only a matter of time before he gets killed, and things like this aren't helping him preserve his safety.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #1589
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wish I could post an eye-rolling gif from TapaTalk.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #1590
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
At this point he's a private citizen, what he does is irrelevant as long as he's not breaking the law.

With all of the threats to his life, with Black Panther groups offering bounties and bragging about celebrities contributing to them, I don't blame him for going to a gun factory.

Its not like he's breaking the terms of his probabtion or any law, its a non story that people think is a story.

It just seems that people want to continually villianize the guy.
You may not like that it's getting attention, but this is certainly not a non-story. He shot and killed someone using a firearm made by this company. Then after the trial, visits the factory and is photographed, grinning while shaking hands with an employee.

Like, it's not even that I'm personally offended or that I think it's that distasteful, it's more that I can't believe he'd be so stupid when his life is already in danger. Dude's gonna be dead before the year's up at this point.

If there was a book called "How to be a ######; For Dummies" The first chapter would be...

You've been found not guilty in a highly controversial murder case, and lots of people are extremely upset and some want you dead. How to be a ######...

Step 1 - Visit factory of gun maker that you used to kill the guy

Step 2 - Get caught grinning while shaking hands with an employee

Step 3 - Wait for bullet to head, dummy
Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #1591
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Yes, exactly. This guy was just doing what every normal citizen does; Taking a tour of a weapons factory and grinning while shaking hands with an employee, after killing someone with one of their weapons. Just another day for a normal guy.

This guy seems pretty ######ed, and I honestly bet it's only a matter of time before he gets killed, and things like this aren't helping him preserve his safety.

I got it for you RedMile, at least thank the post, though.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #1592
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Buying a gun didn't help preserve his safety? I think he'll disagree with you there.

It doesn't really matter, the guy was painted a villain long before any facts were known and he made his appearance in court. Going to a gun factory isn't going to change or alter anyone's previous notion of him. Letting the world know he's trying to get a shotgun, however, might give second thoughts to whatever idiots are considering trying to cash in on that $10,000.00 bounty.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 08-25-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1593
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The eye-roll was meant for you, flameswin.

Like CC said, he's a private citizen now. Who cares what he does. Leave the guy alone.

He probably should have taken steps to not make the visit into such a media event.

If he wants the attention, then I suppose he deserves what he gets. But I think people are making too much of a big deal about this.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #1594
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think buying a shotgun is going to scare anybody away.

If I were him I'd just try to disappear at this point. Then again, I'm a real wimp anyway.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #1595
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Now if he really wants to piss people off, he should go buy some Skittles with a hoodie on.

Then I think people can complain and get all up in arms.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #1596
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If there was a book called "How to be a ######; For Dummies" The first chapter would be...
No, the first chapter would be attack someone in Florida knowing the self-defense and gun laws allow for him to legally shoot you.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #1597
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
The eye-roll was meant for you, flameswin.

Like CC said, he's a private citizen now. Who cares what he does. Leave the guy alone.

He probably should have taken steps to not make the visit into such a media event.

If he wants the attention, then I suppose he deserves what he gets. But I think people are making too much of a big deal about this.
Yeah, that's why I quoted my own post and then eye-rolled it. I was doing you a favour because you weren't able to post it.

Also, we're pretty much saying the same thing. I had mentioned that it isn't really offensive to me, and I don't really care, but I was just pointing out that the optics of it are really bad and he's an absolute ###### for doing it.

But from all indication's, he's not a very bright guy to begin with.
All I was saying is his life is in danger, and this may put it in more danger so why do it unless you're stupid or aren't afraid of death?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #1598
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
No, the first chapter would be attack someone in Florida knowing the self-defense and gun laws allow for him to legally shoot you.
Sure, but that part's over, now we're talking about Zimmerman and his own self-preservation, and this isn't helping it.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1599
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

goodness let this thread die
Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #1600
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously though, what kind of person does this? I would be willing to bet that most, if not all other people who have had the misfortune to have to kill someone even if in self-defence, don't feel so great about it that they go and shake hands of the employees of the company that makes the guns.

And he has to know that he is under the microscope and that the media would see this. It really only serves the purpose of gloating. Even his own lawyer face-palmed over this and found it story worthy enough to comment on.