Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #141
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
The Alexandria story can be decent if they follow the comics.

Ricks group assimilates after some issues over guns and privacy. They join "workgroups" and Eugene start making bullets. There's also the massive Zombie attack where they breach the walls, Rick cuts his ladyfriends hand off so she'll let go and Carl get shot in the face.

I could see them killing off Abraham this season which would effectively start the Negan story arc IIRC.
I think you pretty much nailed the rest of this season, although I'm not sure if Rick is going to have a girlfriend yet but who knows. They may end the season with Carl getting shot in the eye though which means Abraham wouldn't be dead since that happens later.

Edit:
Oh and they have to deal with the scavengers and find Hilltop before they encounter Negan. So I don't think they will kill off Abraham this season.

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 02-23-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #142
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ahh ya I jumped the gun, I haven't even watched an episode yet this second half I have just been reading the summary online. Forgot about all that filler in the comics.

Seemed closer than it is, I guess we have another 3 seasons before we will see Negan at Walking Dead pace, lol.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:35 PM   #143
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The baseball bat Glenn finds in the show is nice foreshadowing, but Alexandria still needs to be overrun in the shootout with the scavengers. Rick still needs to shoot the wife beating doctor. Glenn still needs to steal their guns back. And they still need to meet Jesus before we get to see the Saviours. On the other hand the show doesn't follow the comics exactly so maybe we see the Wolves (Saviours) sooner rather than later...
Old 03-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #144
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
The baseball bat Glenn finds in the show is nice foreshadowing, but Alexandria still needs to be overrun in the shootout with the scavengers. Rick still needs to shoot the wife beating doctor. Glenn still needs to steal their guns back. And they still need to meet Jesus before we get to see the Saviours. On the other hand the show doesn't follow the comics exactly so maybe we see the Wolves (Saviours) sooner rather than later...
I think you nailed it there. They've changed enough of the source material to keep fans of the comics from guessing what's gonna happen next. Honestly, I think and perhaps hope that they introduce Negan in tonight's finale, this show is in desperate need of a new major baddie and who better? Morgan is also in Alexandria so I think we will see him return tonight.
I have a bad feeling that Daryl, Aaron or Glenn might be killed off in tonight's episode. Hope I'm wrong though!
sadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #145
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

How do we know Glenn isn't dead?

Well clearly that guy fell on top of him, but also, this is how Glen actually dies:

No way that they rob the audience of that shock, which was a huge shock to me in the comics. Unless they plan to replace Glenns death there with someone else's to shock us, maybe Morgan?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #146
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno, that was really pretty gnarly even for this show. Maybe they decided it was a bridge too far.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #147
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This reminds me of the controversy about whether Paul McCartney was dead. Did we ever settle that?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 PM   #148
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Glenn's dead people, time to just accept it. If you're trying to cite the comics because comic Glenn died differently... don't. Virtually every death has been altered in some way from the comic vs TV show.

edit: wrong thread. They are named poorly lol
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #149
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Rumour has it that Negan has been cast for season 6, maybe this is who is controlling The Wolves?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ahunt-as-negan

Also does anyone else think that they kept showing us Rick's hand get injured because he is going to have it chop it off? He cut it on the knife that was inside the walker, but maybe it still some how gets lobbed off.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:52 AM   #150
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Confirmed Negan is cast, very happy with the actor choice. We will see him in the season 6 finale, so yes I would believe is behind the Wolves as it will take them the entire season to unravel that plot one boring conversation between characters we don't care about at a time.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walk...an-1201637287/
Old 11-10-2015, 05:08 AM   #151
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I would have prefered Dillahunt, but Morgan should be good.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:31 AM   #152
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Also does anyone else think that they kept showing us Rick's hand get injured because he is going to have it chop it off? He cut it on the knife that was inside the walker, but maybe it still some how gets lobbed off.
I read that Robert Kirkman regrets taking off Rick's hand because it limits the stories he's able to tell with him. I also think it would increase the budget too much to have to digitally take the hand off the main character for the rest of the series.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #153
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one that thought Negan was black in the comics?
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #154
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

If George R.R. Martin was in charge of the Walking Dead universe they would bring Glenn back in the season finale with an awesome reunion with Maggie just in time for Negan to come on the scene and bash his head in with Lucille.

TWD crew don't have the balls for this though!!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #155
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely awesome choice given the way he played the Comedian. As for whether they have the balls for that, I think they actually might, or something like it. The reason I would think they're not going to do it is because of this:

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ler-70013.html

Quote:
@Midnight host Chris Hardwick, who also hosts the chat series Talking Dead, had “Walking Dead Spoilers” as a category, and though fellow guests Lauren “Maggie” Cohen and Josh “Eugene” McDermitt gave predictably humorous answers, Kirkman came out with this:

"Eventually a character named Negan is introduced, and he’s going to bash in Glenn’s brains with a baseball bat called Lucille."
I would think he'd only do that if they're going a different direction in the show.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #156
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
No way that they rob the audience of that shock, which was a huge shock to me in the comics. Unless they plan to replace Glenns death there with someone else's to shock us, maybe Morgan?
This got me thinking: Have any of the major character deaths been the same between the comics and tv show? I can't think of one.

Dale, Hershel, Tyreese, Lori, Shane, The Governor ... all died differently on the show than in the comics. I wonder if they've done that on purpose so that even comic readers will always be surprised by every character's death?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #157
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Great point, never thought about that. I just figured that Glens death was so shocking in the comics that it would be perfect for the show, like a holy crap I never saw that coming moment.

I also wish they would have nailed the Governors dick to the floor like in the comics, that guy deserved it!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #158
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're in here thinking this is the TV show only thread get out now.

So I just realized, but that guy who stole Darryl's bike and crossbow (Dwight) is the guy in the comics who Negan burns with an iron.

Also they were setting up this episode nicely for February. That first episode back is probably going to have a bunch of death.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #159
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
If you're in here thinking this is the TV show only thread get out now.

So I just realized, but that guy who stole Darryl's bike and crossbow (Dwight) is the guy in the comics who Negan burns with an iron.

Also they were setting up this episode nicely for February. That first episode back is probably going to have a bunch of death.
No doubt about that last part. The producers have already said that.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #160
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So we're thinking Lucille's maiden voyage happens in the season finale? That'd be a hell of a way to cap it off.

Also, wondering how the character ends up translating on TV given how much Negan swears. It's a big of a tonal issue if he's not obscene and vulgar. Plus, why cast JDM if you're not going to have him be obscene and vulgar?