Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2024, 10:37 AM   #1521
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
pretty damning display of ten Hags transfers. Onana has been shaky all season (and single-handedly torpedoed Uniteds CL season), Antony is a complete joke and Amrabat has been terrible whenever he got some minutes. Then you add Mount, who has maybe played a handful of games for United, and you end up with hundreds of millions wasted. And then ten Hag has the nerve to moan about FFP ...
I actually still generally like Amrabat I think he's being used poorly, Onana has been bad...Antony? I dont even know what to say about that.

Its like he bought Antony because he lost a bet?? Thats been....nothing short of a disaster.

And then Mount.

The thing about Mount is that....when Ten Hags was brought in, he preached about having a plan and a blueprint.

Is this it? Mason Mount and Antony? The 'Ageless Wonder' Casemiro?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:40 AM   #1522
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will always be convinced that Antony was money laundering, ten Hag was doing Ajax a financial solid after leaving.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:42 AM   #1523
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I will always be convinced that Antony was money laundering, ten Hag was doing Ajax a financial solid after leaving.
That actually makes more sense than almost anything else.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-03-2024, 10:58 AM   #1524
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:01 AM   #1525
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
WTF is this and why cant they spell Manchester properly?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2024, 11:02 AM   #1526
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

the cheaters can't even spell lol.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #1527
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

GPT 4's DALL-E
its really, really bad for spelling.

case in point, me and my friends are working on a business logo for one of buddies:

Quote:
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:04 AM   #1528
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
THEY DIRECTED THEIR FUNDS ELSEWHERE!!!! OKAY??!?

Hahahaha!!

Old 03-03-2024, 11:05 AM   #1529
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Manchester is only blue for as long as their lawyers can delay the court cases.

Last edited by The Big Chill; 03-03-2024 at 11:11 AM.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:05 AM   #1530
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
GPT 4's DALL-E
its really, really bad for spelling.

case in point, me and my friends are working on a business logo for one of buddies:
I dont know what that is. I dont know what its for.

As someone who has run his own Company for over a decade however, I would strongly, STRONGLY, recommend against using that.

For anything.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:07 AM   #1531
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Manchester is only blue for as long as their lawyers can delay to court cases.
I mean...man...could you imagine if someone actually put their foot down and 'cleaned up?'

Points deductions, Title removals, European banishments...if they applied the 'letter of the law' City would be so screwed.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:14 AM   #1532
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sadly, this seems to be the case. I can only imagine how our game against them will go at Anfield in May. Penultimate game of the season, crying and petition-signing after our win, Klopp’s last game there. I can hardly wait to see fairness and sportsmanship that’ll be on display.
I don’t really get the calls for lack of sportsmanship on this one. Do you actually think the players should honor the refs mistake and give the ball back? The ref also misses the high foot on that same incident which should have made it a Liverpool free kick anyway, and on top of that Forest got booked twice in extra time for time wasting.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:26 AM   #1533
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t really get the calls for lack of sportsmanship on this one. Do you actually think the players should honor the refs mistake and give the ball back? The ref also misses the high foot on that same incident which should have made it a Liverpool free kick anyway, and on top of that Forest got booked twice in extra time for time wasting.
We should just take the same attitude as they did on the botched call on the Diaz 'offside' goal.

"Whoops. Oh well. Move along."

Classless though! Disgraceful!

Whats really disgraceful is how crappy United are despite being the most expensive team in the World.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:34 AM   #1534
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I wasn’t referring specifically to that play or game. I was just meaning in general, looking ahead to the May 4 match.

I wish “they” would make an effort to get rid of the time wasting though. Which really means they should just play stop time already.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:37 AM   #1535
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We should just take the same attitude as they did on the botched call on the Diaz 'offside' goal.

"Whoops. Oh well. Move along."

Classless though! Disgraceful!

Whats really disgraceful is how crappy United are despite being the most expensive team in the World.
Yeah and we all know it wasn’t offside. But mistakes happen and that’s part of humans as officials. But then the perpetual victims are asking for a replay, signing petitions and it’s frankly beyond the pale. I mean honestly…it’s poor sportsmanship, completely.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #1536
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah and we all know it wasn’t offside. But mistakes happen and that’s part of humans as officials. But then the perpetual victims are asking for a replay, signing petitions and it’s frankly beyond the pale. I mean honestly…it’s poor sportsmanship, completely.
Thats just angry fans.

But man. The Ref hands Kelleher the ball. Time is winding down, do you think he's analyzing the entire scenario?

It was a melee on a corner. I'd bet he didnt even realize that he was the one who hit Konate. Probably thought a foul was given and its his ball. Focused on moving the ball up the pitch.

The Ref did the right thing stopping play, it was a hit to the head. He did the wrong thing handing Kelleher the ball. It should have been an uncontested drop-ball from the side for Forest.

Maybe the Ref genuinely thought Konate was fouled? Who knows? But yeah, it was a mistake.

It was also on the 100% opposite side of the field from where the goal was scored.

Old 03-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #1537
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t really get the calls for lack of sportsmanship on this one. Do you actually think the players should honor the refs mistake and give the ball back?
Absolutely. Happens all the time. And is expected.

It was classless, a deliberate and shameless display of poor sportsmanship that no amount of little teenage bitchy eye rolling can defend.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #1538
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Absolutely. Happens all the time. And is expected.

It was classless, a deliberate and shameless display of poor sportsmanship that no amount of little teenage bitchy eye rolling can defend.
Do you say this every time a team accepts a throw or corner that was incorrectly awarded? Because that is what this is equivalent to.
Old 03-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #1539
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do you say this every time a team accepts a throw or corner that was incorrectly awarded? Because that is what this is equivalent to.
When your 'Noisy Neighbours' effortlessly hand the most expensive team on the planet their asses you've got to cling to whatever turd floats.

Old 03-03-2024, 01:57 PM   #1540
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL. Wtf? No.

I say this everytime play is stopped for an injured player.

Play always resumes to ensure that the team that was in possession receives the ball back. It's accepted sportsmanship and fair play in the game.

That the referee screwed up doesn't excuse the behaviour.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote