Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2023, 04:32 PM   #1501
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do they think tease a Thrawn appearance - if I'm not mistaken, the casting rumours for him came out a long while ago.

But I don't think Ahsoka, Sabina, Bobba, Luke or anyone like that appears in the finale.
I think the Mythosaur will "save" them.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 08:19 PM   #1502
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We know for sure Thrawn appears in Ahsoka, because the actor and casting was confirmed at Celebration a week and a half ago (Lars Mikkelsen reprises the role he did as a voice actor in Rebels). The big question is if we get a glimpse here first.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingmoose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2023, 08:44 PM   #1503
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 09:25 AM   #1504
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I'm going to guess that we get an end credits scene with Thrawn....
Old 04-19-2023, 11:09 AM   #1505
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sort of felt like a series finale type episode to me - I'll be interested to see what direction they go for season 4. Maybe back to "Monster of the Week" with Din & Grogu travelling around collecting bounties?

Although...I know Gideon got hit in the face by a capital ship but presumably he'll still be back for next season right?
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 11:40 AM   #1506
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well that was fun!!
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:55 PM   #1507
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could very well have been a series finale since it appears to be getting harder and harder to get seasons of Mando out in a timely manner and critical reception for this season isn't as great.

Of course with Mando and Din Grogu making cameos in Ahsoka and the eventual Thrawn film.

There was a lot of fun in the episode, my sw nerd nitpicking aside.

My main issue is how rushed it was to get to the conclusion. Why rush such a meaningful stretch of plot when they could scratch a couple of these side quest episodes and have the good stuff span 3-4 episodes?

This episode is what fans signed up for, not so much Jack Black, Lizzo and volunteer droid inspections.

The conflict for mandalore couldve felt really epic, and more like a struggle if it was less condensed.

Everything happened so damn fast!

Nerd nitpick: inconsistency with the Praetorian guards. They looked like chumps here, while in lore they're some of the best fighters in the universe. They've shown elsewhere to be able to hold their own against trained force users.

Coming out of this these once enigmatic characters will feel a bit cheapened now. They should've used them more sparingly, and made them scary strong when showcased (this is one thing the ST got right).

I thought they were going to throw a curveball or two with the "spies", but it was all fairly straightforward without any real surprises, which kind of dulls the end product. Still enjoyable enough though. But I was really hoping for a wow/wtf moment or two along the way.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 04-19-2023 at 05:38 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 03:08 PM   #1508
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
That sort of felt like a series finale type episode to me - I'll be interested to see what direction they go for season 4. Maybe back to "Monster of the Week" with Din & Grogu travelling around collecting bounties?

Although...I know Gideon got hit in the face by a capital ship but presumably he'll still be back for next season right?
I bet one of his clones was alive and well elsewhere. Maybe next time he resurfaces he has force abilities.. to pay off Dr Pershing's work
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2023, 06:07 PM   #1509
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Could very well have been a series finale since it appears to be getting harder and harder to get seasons of Mando out in a timely manner and critical reception for this season isn't as great.

Of course with Mando and Din Grogu making cameos in Ahsoka and the eventual Thrawn film.

There was a lot of fun in the episode, my sw nerd nitpicking aside.

My main issue is how rushed it was to get to the conclusion. Why rush such a meaningful stretch of plot when they could scratch a couple of these side quest episodes and have the good stuff span 3-4 episodes?

This episode is what fans signed up for, not so much Jack Black, Lizzo and volunteer droid inspections.

The conflict for mandalore couldve felt really epic, and more like a struggle if it was less condensed.

Everything happened so damn fast!

Nerd nitpick: inconsistency with the Praetorian guards. They looked like chumps here, while in lore they're some of the best fighters in the universe. They've shown elsewhere to be able to hold their own against trained force users.

Coming out of this these once enigmatic characters will feel a bit cheapened now. They should've used them more sparingly, and made them scary strong when showcased (this is one thing the ST got right).

I thought they were going to throw a curveball or two with the "spies", but it was all fairly straightforward without any real surprises, which kind of dulls the end product. Still enjoyable enough though. But I was really hoping for a wow/wtf moment or two along the way.
I don't know why they felt the need to make this episode only 36 minutes long. It did seem to fast paced.

The Praetorian guards are so inconsistent that it's practically a meme at this point. But more often than not, they're chumps.

Everything did seem to tie up quite neatly.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:29 PM   #1510
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Dark Sabre turned out to be pretty flimsy in the end…
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badradio For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2023, 08:41 PM   #1511
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want to see a fan edit with Hector Salamanca piloting the ship as it crashes and ringing his bell.

If a regular Mandalorian suit can withstand atmospheric exit, I'm not so sure that Gideon's suit (which was clearly enhanced beyond the standard) couldn't survive that explosion.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:42 PM   #1512
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marshall IG-12
Fu Gina Carano, we replaced you with a droid
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2023, 08:47 PM   #1513
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
Not really. Gideon's Beskar suit was mechanized. It is why there were whirring noises when he moved.

It probably enhanced his strength using the same tech that Dark Trooper droids we saw in Season 2 had. They didn't explicitly say it, but I would think that is why he was able to crush the Darksaber.

Last edited by sureLoss; 04-19-2023 at 08:49 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2023, 09:04 PM   #1514
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
How did it survive all those years/battles being that breakable when put up against beskar?

I feel like destroying the darksaber wasn't really necessary here.

Couldn't just have it slide onto a mound of rock out of Bo's reach?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #1515
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
Marshall IG-12
Fu Gina Carano, we replaced you with a droid
Grogu's IG had about as much personality.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:14 PM   #1516
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
How did it survive all those years/battles being that breakable when put up against beskar?

I feel like destroying the darksaber wasn't really necessary here.

Couldn't just have it slide onto a mound of rock out of Bo's reach?
I was expecting him to kick it over the edge and it would fall down into the water and land beside the Mythosaur.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:31 PM   #1517
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought this season was kind of a let down. Got away from that mild, slower show that made it good at the start and was just too many set pieces. I find these action scenes a little boring.

I also didn't watch them Boba Fett show so I was a little confused as to why Grogu was just back. I had to Google it, which is dangerous because I just waited and caught up last week. It's a little annoying that I have to watch other shows to have things make sense.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:41 AM   #1518
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I thought this season was kind of a let down. Got away from that mild, slower show that made it good at the start and was just too many set pieces. I find these action scenes a little boring.

I also didn't watch them Boba Fett show so I was a little confused as to why Grogu was just back. I had to Google it, which is dangerous because I just waited and caught up last week. It's a little annoying that I have to watch other shows to have things make sense.
Don't worry, those of us that watched the Book of Boba Fett were just as confused as to why they wedged Mando season 2.5 in the middle of it.

Very strange way to format a story, hopping to another show and back, when any casual viewer that doesn't follow all SW content religiously is not going to know what is going on.

Probably even stranger that they put the 'protagonist' of that show on the backburner in the second half of his own show in favour of Mando and other characters. At one point, he was literally a cameo on his own show.

It's been something watching Disney's Lucasfilm attempt to find its footing.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:39 AM   #1519
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is fairly easy for jedi to repair lightsabres, since most of them construct them from scratch as padawans.

But I'm thinking that the darksaber is done, since the show seemed to be communicating that it's not as necessary as the actual unity of the people.

Really, I think the darksaber has always been, first and foremost, a merchandizing mechanism - similar to Baby Yoda and BB-8.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:53 AM   #1520
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought it was a decent episode. The ending did feel like a wrap up of a series with Din and Grogu sitting at peace at the cabin.

In the end Gideon's plan was utterly bizarre. I'm gonna clone myself with the Force, which goes back to Snoke and Palpatine.

But we really didn't get anything outside of an action filled episode which was cool. But to me Gideon's death felt really unsatisfying.

I guess Bo is the defacto leader of the Mandalorians without the Dark Sabre. We didn't find out who the spy was. And Grogu is super powered now.

The episode sounded . . . safe.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: