Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #1501
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
how much did he give his former secretary. $200k? Why not just keep it for himself instead of identity theft. How much does he get $2000/head?
That's not an option for him at that point. Presumably, he buried the money at the gas station before he disappeared and promised Francesca he'd give it to her if she gave him the information. He couldn't exactly ask for the money back because he didn't like the information she gave him.

Also, the money's in New Mexico, where everyone would recognize him if he showed up. Look at how quickly Jeffy recognized him just from looking at him in the rear view mirror in his taxi.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #1502
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
That's not an option for him at that point. Presumably, he buried the money at the gas station before he disappeared and promised Francesca he'd give it to her if she gave him the information. He couldn't exactly ask for the money back because he didn't like the information she gave him.

Also, the money's in New Mexico, where everyone would recognize him if he showed up. Look at how quickly Jeffy recognized him just from looking at him in the rear view mirror in his taxi.
And he didn't seem to have a need or desire for money until the phone conversation with Kim after the call with Francesca. Is he doing the scamming for money or just for kicks?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #1503
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
And he didn't seem to have a need or desire for money until the phone conversation with Kim after the call with Francesca. Is he doing the scamming for money or just for kicks?
Hookers.

I suspect he didn't have a great conversation with Kim, because there was a lot of yelling in that phone booth, and I think it was followed by the "lady joiner" montage.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #1504
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Hookers.

I suspect he didn't have a great conversation with Kim, because there was a lot of yelling in that phone booth, and I think it was followed by the "lady joiner" montage.
I"m sure he makes enough money at Cinnabon to do 2 hookers at once.

I just realized that if you take Lalo, Howard, Kim and Nacho out of the equation, BCS is pretty average... lol

Why did they have to kill Lalo? He could have sustained his own show for 3-4 seasons.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #1505
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am thinking how could Kim stay out from the feds scotch free after the Breaking Bad ending and Saul disappering. Isn't she still technically married to Jimmy? The feds must have been on the tails trying to get any information about Saul.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:59 PM   #1506
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I am thinking how could Kim stay out from the feds scotch free after the Breaking Bad ending and Saul disappering. Isn't she still technically married to Jimmy? The feds must have been on the tails trying to get any information about Saul.
Maybe she didn’t get off scot free. It’s possible that the reason he was so upset is something about law enforcement following her or even bringing her in came up in the call. He’s super protective and might have gotten upset as she was in trouble.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:03 PM   #1507
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the $5 million reward for his capture, I think he may gift himself to someone, maybe Kim if possible.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:41 AM   #1508
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
With the $5 million reward for his capture, I think he may gift himself to someone, maybe Kim if possible.
Oh, I like that one. He realizes he is not redeemable and that he has ruined Kim so he sacrifices himself for her to move on and have a good life. The one down side is they have very much made Kim capable on her own, so I'm not sure they would want Jimmy to save her.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #1509
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Oh, I like that one. He realizes he is not redeemable and that he has ruined Kim so he sacrifices himself for her to move on and have a good life. The one down side is they have very much made Kim capable on her own, so I'm not sure they would want Jimmy to save her.

I think we’ll see how it goes. The writers of the show so tend to be purposeful in their use of imagery, so I think they had that wanted poster for a reason. Whether it’s Kim of Francesca or Marion cashing in on it, who knows yet. $5 mil is a lot of money though. I am really surprised that Jeff didn’t go for it before he got himself blackmailed. I think he could get himself out of any charges it he gave up Saul, or the prison time might be worth the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #1510
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

My major question is with this last grift. The guy with cancer is almost certainly going to wake up, while Saul is in his home. It seems like a suicide mission and Saul is purposely turning himself over to the cops.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #1511
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
My major question is with this last grift. The guy with cancer is almost certainly going to wake up, while Saul is in his home. It seems like a suicide mission and Saul is purposely turning himself over to the cops.
I know they had the police scene at the end of the episode and I feel like they are teasing what you mention above, but kind of feel like its a misdirect. My hypothesis is Carol Burnett will turn him in using that fancy laptop to search for him after seeing all of them go to the garage in the last episode.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #1512
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Wasn’t a big fan of the last two episodes. I sometimes find Jimmy’s long cons tedious.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 09:48 PM   #1513
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah we haven’t loved the last couple, was really invested in the BCS storyline and that’s all wrapped up, find it hard to care about Jeffy and this con. Obviously we’ll watch it out to finish it, but yeah, wish they hadn’t wrapped everything up with Lalo and the main plot so early.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #1514
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless he gets caught for these new crimes he's committing with his posse, could he have gotten off? I suppose he could claim he went into hiding because of fears of the cartel.. assuming nobody spilled the beans on him. Maybe Skyler did?
Old 08-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #1515
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Unless he gets caught for these new crimes he's committing with his posse, could he have gotten off? I suppose he could claim he went into hiding because of fears of the cartel.. assuming nobody spilled the beans on him. Maybe Skyler did?
The Feds found his off shore accounts and dummy businesses. I was never sure what they had on him when he went into hiding but he’s definitely looking at tax evasion charges.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2022, 06:31 PM   #1516
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I suspect he didn't have a great conversation with Kim, because there was a lot of yelling in that phone booth
Not sure this is 100% genuine, and even if it is what Bob Odenkirk actually said when it was filmed may not be relevant to the story, being that the intention is that we don't hear the conversation:

timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:57 PM   #1517
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

As much as I love bcs, I'm skeptical it ends same high quality as bb. So far this season has been great, but, not as perfect as bb was. Maybe I'm just a huge Cranston fan
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 PM   #1518
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Rhea was on Seth Meyers this week. She hinted Carol Burnett has a big move coming up.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:03 AM   #1519
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Also can't overlook Buzz McCallister in this episode.
Holy crap, it was bugging me ever since watching the episode that I knew that guy from somewhere but couldn't place him, then as soon as I saw the name Buzz it clicked. That guy plays an awesome sleazebag
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #1520
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman