Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #1501
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Awesome case is awesome.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:40 PM   #1502
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Let's talk about what the hell you've got going on with that case...
Let's. Why did I get a bear case you ask... Why? For the glory of Satan, of course!

While my girlfriend was shopping for a new iPhone 6S case and screen protector, I decided I was going to bite the bullet and use the iPhone SE I had owned since it released but used on Wi-Fi exclusively. I found most of the cases at Chinook rather boring except this one case with this bear on it. It looked like it had a sort of "WTF" expression. I decided that if I was going to use this goddamn phone, my silent show of disapproval of my mobile platform predicament would be this ridiculous phone case.

I posted a couple pictures for some co-workers, one of whom was much younger than me and informed me that my case is modeled after a mascot named Kumamon. It was then that I learned it was actually used in a 4chan / Reddit meme. So I accidentally ended up with a meme character for a phone case.

Practically, it makes the phone really easy to hold, and I can drop the thing without any concern for the most part. Negatively, it is a nuisance to fit into a jeans pocket.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #1503
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol.

Quote:
Why can’t you plug the Lightning headphones that come in the iPhone box into the new Mac? Why doesn’t the iPhone come with the right cable for the new MacBook Pro? Why doesn’t Apple make a screen that properly works with its own devices? Why did Apple highlight how great the Touch Bar is for Messaging, but didn’t even port most of the new iMessage features to macOS properly? Do I have to carry two pairs of headphones now? How do I charge my Lightning cable mouse? Why remove the HDMI port, a standard that’s still incredibly popular for plugging into TVs? Why remove the SD card, a popular slot for… creatives using cameras?
https://medium.com/charged-tech/appl...89b#.3q0uw7isl
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:37 AM   #1504
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post

Practically, it makes the phone really easy to hold, and I can drop the thing without any concern for the most part. Negatively, it is a nuisance to fit into a jeans pocket.
The jeans thing is all I can think about. The biggest reason I went from the 6+ to the SE was so that I could fit the phone in pockets comfortably again.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:01 PM   #1505
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The jeans thing is all I can think about. The biggest reason I went from the 6+ to the SE was so that I could fit the phone in pockets comfortably again.
To be clear, it is not the dimensions of the phone with the case that make it difficult to fit into a pocket. It's how grippy the rubber is.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #1506
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
It's how grippy the rubber is.
And the massive flailing mascot arms.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #1507
johnnyrocket03
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My Apple Tv (4th Gen) would not play a movie last night. Has anyone else recently had issues streaming movies? It wasn't an internet issue as I did a speed test and the apple tv had a d/l speed of 178 mb/s.

I reported the issue to Apple but was just curious if anyone else had experienced issues.
johnnyrocket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #1508
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

iTunes rental? I had an error over the weekend.. Completely forgot to request a refund. They couldn't make it more difficult if they tried.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:43 PM   #1509
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Apple is headed way off course quicker than anyone can imagine.

I agree the latest round of MacBook Pro's is an onset on the purchaser rather than innovation. So it's not two steps forward but four backwards.

The misstep of the iPhone 7 with wireless headphones and the inability to deliver cost affordable wireless headphones at launch is complete ineptitude.

I have to hold my iPhone 6 Plus then push the home button to open it. (I think there is a way to disable it). Generally, everything is in a state of decay. Unintuitive user interfaces, strange choices and a lack of simplicity. It's no coincidence it's been over 5 years since Steve Jobs has passed...
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #1510
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Somehow I missed an entire days worth of emails (about 19 from 3 accounts) after I updated to the most recent iOS public beta. Not sure what happened there. They just all came flooding in this morning.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #1511
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
The misstep of the iPhone 7 with wireless headphones and the inability to deliver cost affordable wireless headphones at launch is complete ineptitude.
Got my 7+ and never been happier with a phone.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #1512
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames89 View Post
Got my 7+ and never been happier with a phone.
Ya if you want wireless headphones, it's not like there aren't options. If cost is a concern you can just grab some off Amazon for $20. Apple takes stuff away all the time, and I find it always matters a lot more in my head than it does in practice. I thought the removal of the disc drive was going to be the biggest PITA ever. People complain (rightfully), then they adapt.

Last edited by Russic; 11-04-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #1513
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
Are AirPods not available yet? They seem pretty cool. I have wireless headphones from Amazon I really like, but the buds are joined by a cable. I like the idea of the individual bud thing.

Last edited by Sliver; 11-04-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #1514
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Are AirPods not available yet? They seem pretty cool. I have wireless headphones from Amazon I really like, but the buds are joined by a cable. I like the idea of the individual bud thing.
They're not available yet but Beats has some earphones out that uses the same processor.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #1515
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
They were supposed to be out in October, but there's rumours they may be pushed back to 2017.

I love the idea of being able to just put one in and having it switch to mono audio. I like working with a single ear bud in so I can still hear things around me, but it's annoying when you listen to a song that splits the audio heavily between the left and right side.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #1516
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
They were supposed to be out in October, but there's rumours they may be pushed back to 2017.

I love the idea of being able to just put one in and having it switch to mono audio. I like working with a single ear bud in so I can still hear things around me, but it's annoying when you listen to a song that splits the audio heavily between the left and right side.
That's exactly what I was thinking, too. Would love to just put one in at work.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:15 PM   #1517
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I like working with a single ear bud in so I can still hear things around me, but it's annoying when you listen to a song that splits the audio heavily between the left and right side.
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio.

I use that for skiing when I'm only using one earbud.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #1518
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually bought a single earbud headphone online a couple of years ago. It merges the left and right channels, and you don't have the second earbud dangling around. Surprisingly handy.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #1519
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket03 View Post
My Apple Tv (4th Gen) would not play a movie last night. Has anyone else recently had issues streaming movies? It wasn't an internet issue as I did a speed test and the apple tv had a d/l speed of 178 mb/s.

I reported the issue to Apple but was just curious if anyone else had experienced issues.
I'm having huge issues over WiFi all of a sudden. If I hardwire it, it seems to resolve the issue - but for the life of me, and no other devices are having an issue, WiFi is messed on both of my Apple TVs.

(I've gone through all logical troubleshooting, and it's only the two apple TVs that are having problems)
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #1520
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh. My Samsung TV remote actually controls my Apple TV.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote