Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #1481
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 08:39 PM   #1482
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I thought it was another poor episode. No idea why they’re introducing this latest scam so late in the show. 1/10. At least Kim is still alive, though it looks like Gene is about to get shot.

What is his motivation for this latest scam? Doesn’t he have tons of money?
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #1483
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I thought it got much better as the episode went on. I withdraw

Last edited by White Out 403; 08-01-2022 at 09:17 PM.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #1484
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure how much was serious of the previous couple posts. I thought this was a pretty amazing episode tieing all sorts of elements together.
Really cementing a masterpiece of a series.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 09:23 PM   #1485
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gene's going to jail at least, isn't he? I think this looks like it's trending to be a realistic ending - Gene tries to regain some former glory in running these scams, but he's going to meet a sad, pathetic end

Just like how walking into the school doors to meet Walt marked the beginning of the end for Saul, breaking into the cancer guy's home is probably going to mean the end of Gene

I wonder what was said between Kim and Gene in the phone booth. Clearly it's set Gene off the deep end

I liked that they showed that Jimmy was the one pushing for Walt to meet Gus, and was pretty much responsible for everything falling apart in BB

I know people will hate the episode for being slow, but I thought it did a good job connecting BB and BCS
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #1486
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I almost didn’t recognize Aaron Paul at first. His voice seemed much different too.

That aside this was great and hopefully appeased the anti-Nippy crowd.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:03 PM   #1487
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Gene's going to jail at least, isn't he? I think this looks like it's trending to be a realistic ending - Gene tries to regain some former glory in running these scams, but he's going to meet a sad, pathetic end

Just like how walking into the school doors to meet Walt marked the beginning of the end for Saul, breaking into the cancer guy's home is probably going to mean the end of Gene

I wonder what was said between Kim and Gene in the phone booth. Clearly it's set Gene off the deep end

I liked that they showed that Jimmy was the one pushing for Walt to meet Gus, and was pretty much responsible for everything falling apart in BB

I know people will hate the episode for being slow, but I thought it did a good job connecting BB and BCS
I am guessing he didn't actually talk to Kim, but who knows. One of the great things about this series is that we have no idea what is ever coming next and yet it all seems to make sense when it plays out.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:14 PM   #1488
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
I thought it was another poor episode. No idea why they’re introducing this latest scam so late in the show. 1/10. At least Kim is still alive, though it looks like Gene is about to get shot.

To me, they're telling us that it's in his DNA to do what he does. He's slippin' Jimmy always and forever.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:14 PM   #1489
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

His fatal flaw is that he's an adrenaline junkie. I think he's going to die.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #1490
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post

Old 08-01-2022, 11:22 PM   #1491
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know why but I have a sudden desire to log on to the world’s favourite sports book.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2022, 11:39 PM   #1492
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
His fatal flaw is that he's an adrenaline junkie. I think he's going to die.
Spoiler!
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 12:08 AM   #1493
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:07 AM   #1494
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another average episode....

how much did he give his former secretary. $200k? Why not just keep it for himself instead of identity theft. How much does he get $2000/head?

But yeah I think he dies and i'm pretty sure we will see Kim in the final episode. Prob at his funeral.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #1495
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

I thought last night was much better than Nippy. The storytelling and symbolism last night was immense. It also showed that we had to have the developments in Nippy to get to last night.

I thought that the end of Nippy that Gene putting back the shirt and tie meant that he was not going to go all the way back to Saul. However, the call with Francesca and subsequent unknown call to try and reach Kim seemed to have turned him. Him losing any sort of moral center by going after the cancer guy at the end was an amazing parallel to how he got involved with Walt and Jesse. I thought the back and forth cuts were amazing between hose two sequences.

Additionally, the scene with Mike was great. That gave us even more insight into the BB story. It is a reminder that at the time, Walt was still pretty small time and that it may have really been Saul that helped him become the monster of later seasons.

I also saw on Reddit that the day of the phone call was Jimmy's 50th birthday. Guess who broke bad on their 50th birthday? Walter White.

Next weeks episode is titled 'Waterworks' and we just saw Gene try to reach Kim at a sprinkler business. Coincidence? Fakeout by the creative team?

So much of BCS has been thrilling television that has you at the edge of your seat. Last night wasn't the strongest for that during the episode (though better than the Nippy con for sure) but after it was over, I actually felt my anxiousness go up. I was sitting there just wondering what the f$%& is going to happen in the next 2 episodes. Will he have some great redemption and find happiness with Kim? Or has this been a case study on how he really can't change. I have to wonder if Chuck gave us the ending back in season 3: "He'll never change! Ever since he was 9, always the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the cash drawer! But not our Jimmy! Couldn't be precious Jimmy! Stealing them blind! And he gets to be a lawyer!? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance! And you – you have to stop him!"
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 07:55 AM   #1496
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Also can't overlook Buzz McCallister in this episode.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 08:16 AM   #1497
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took the coffin scene as Saul is basically dead living life as Gene, not necessary a foreshadowing of his death.

I tend to think he didn't actually talk to Kim, but got news of something. Did the news prompt him to raise cash for something, or did it just make him say screw it, he wants to be in the game again?
Old 08-02-2022, 08:47 AM   #1498
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Next weeks episode is titled 'Waterworks' and we just saw Gene try to reach Kim at a sprinkler business. Coincidence? Fakeout by the creative team?

Yeah, from that episode title I suspect Kim will be back and we'll get to see her perspective during the BB and Gene timeline. If Gene did manage to reach her via phone, we'll know what was said.

I think we're headed towards a polarizing ending. I'm convinced that Gene won't get any redemption or happy ending. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene and Kim don't even get to see each other face-to-face by the end.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #1499
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That episode was fantastic.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #1500
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Another average episode....

how much did he give his former secretary. $200k? Why not just keep it for himself instead of identity theft. How much does he get $2000/head?

But yeah I think he dies and i'm pretty sure we will see Kim in the final episode. Prob at his funeral.
Way less than $200K. Those looked like 10,000K bundles in 100s and I think there were 3 of them. So likely $30,000. If they were only 50s or 20s, then $15,000 or $6,000.

Also, I assume he set up this dead drop before he fled New Mexico. Going back for it is probably a bigger risk than he wants to take, even if it was a significant amount of money. And Francesca knows a lot, he definitely shouldn't be pissing her off by stiffing her on money he promised her.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman