Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 12:52 PM   #1441
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also - if they didn't call embellishment on Fiala it would have been a 51 second 5 on 3 for LA. That was a huge turning point in the game. Just trash officiating.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 12:54 PM   #1442
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMONTONisNG View Post
It was an honest question.

Be better.

Looking for discussion. Not criticism. If you need an good example, look at what topfiverecords said in reply.

Thank you
I don't care about the post, it's fine.

However, if you need an example of how someone with E=NG as a username ought to post, look at Reggie Dunlop's posting history.

Like why would you pick that as your moniker if you're going to be a big softy towards the oilers in most of your posts? It's nonsensical, unless you're indeed a covert troll.

Hopefully that's enough clarity for you.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 01:02 PM   #1443
EDMONTONisNG
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post

However, if you need an example of how someone with E=NG as a username ought to post, look at Reggie Dunlop's posting history.

Like why would you pick that as your moniker if you're going to be a big softy towards the oilers in most of your posts? It's nonsensical, unless you're indeed a covert troll.

I honestly just picked the name cause I thought it was fun.

I'd like to think I'm an objective hockey fan (which I think the majority here are at CP especially relative to reddit - it was really the main reason why I migrated to posting here from r/calgaryflames). I think the Oilers are objectively bad - as in they have no defense, goaltending, and scoring after McDavid. That doesn't mean I have to think every powerplay they get is based on a fake call and I think it's a stretch to say I'm defending them if I don't.

Anyways, enough of this drama - we are here to talk about ENG, hockey and the flames. Not about me.

Last edited by EDMONTONisNG; 05-02-2024 at 01:04 PM.
EDMONTONisNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:09 PM   #1444
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I'd like to think I'm an objective hockey fan (which I think the majority here are at CP especially relative to reddit - it was really the main reason why I migrated to posting here from r/calgaryflames). I think the Oilers are objectively bad - as in they have no defense, goaltending, and scoring after McDavid. That doesn't mean I have to think every powerplay they get is based on a fake call and I think it's a stretch to say I'm defending them if I don't.

Anyways, enough of this drama - we are here to talk about ENG, hockey and the flames. Not about me.
There is no such thing as an objective fan. We all have our biases. Those who think they are objective are unaware of their own biases.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:24 PM   #1445
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by konradical View Post
As of now it looks like a 2022 WCF rematch based on the teams performances.

I hate the Oilers but they look like they'll run over the Preds and probably do well against the Canucks as well.

I think their real test will be Avs,Stars or their voodoo Knights in round 3

LA was LA, but lets be honest, Nashville could be very challenging to the Oilers.

Nashville has held a pretty good offensive team in the Canucks to an average of about 20 shots a game, Soro's hasn't been great, but he hasn't had to in a lot of ways.

The Preds are deep, they are very much a good choke off the ice team. The Oilers aren't as deep, and Skinner has been meh.

I'd be happy to take the Preds in a 7 game series against the Oilers if it comes to it.

But Edmonton is not getting by Colorado, or LV, or even Dallas.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:30 PM   #1446
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL, everyone counting on DAL/LV/COL to take out the Oilers?

With the way it's been going, I will bet whomever makes it to the WCF will do so with an injured major player, ala Makar, Oettinger, or Stone
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 01:54 PM   #1447
SemicolonD
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Fiala had no reason to dive on purpose on that play and give up a good chance in the hopes that they might get another one on the PP. Ridiculous.
People can argue till they're blue about whether it looked like a dive or not, but this context is what matters the most. On no planet would Fiala have a reason to dive there on purpose when they're on the PP on a rush for a good chance.
SemicolonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:56 PM   #1448
SemicolonD
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
LOL, everyone counting on DAL/LV/COL to take out the Oilers?

With the way it's been going, I will bet whomever makes it to the WCF will do so with an injured major player, ala Makar, Oettinger, or Stone
It's all about the Zebras. Oilers got outplayed, or played even at best, against the garbage Kings team 5 on 5, so what do you expect against those teams?

And they have the horses to match Oilers top players so you want to double shift McDavid on the 4th line? No problem.
SemicolonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:11 PM   #1449
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post

I don't think anyone who's not a mod should be telling anyone here how to post. Especially someone who has their past usernames banned.

How about mind your business and worry about your own crap posts.

Last edited by stang; 05-02-2024 at 02:17 PM.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 02:13 PM   #1450
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The Kings broadcast was horrified how Draisaitl was allowed to take a slapshot against a maskless goaltender. They were calling the officiating negligent. I do believe there should be an investigation in what happened last night as that was extremely dangerous and the league is very fortunate that they don't have a public relations disaster on their hands today.
Actually it was McDavid who took the shot while Rittich was maskless. Contrast that to the first period when they blew the whistle immediately when one of Skinners mask straps came undone. His mask didn't even move but they blew the whistle. Those officials last night were so far up the asses of the Oilers it wasnt even funny.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:16 PM   #1451
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Fan rivalries aside, I think an EDM vs VAN second round would actually be a fun series to watch. I don't think a series with Nashville would be as enjoyable. And then, lets face it, it's going to be tough to beat Dallas and/or Colorado.
I am really looking forward to it happening as I just landed tickets to game 5 in Vancouver should it come to pass!
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:29 PM   #1452
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I don't think anyone who's not a mod should be telling anyone here how to post. Especially someone who has their past usernames banned.

How about mind your business and worry about your own crap posts.
lol when Oiler fans are defending you, you probably aren't living up to the E=NG name

just a thought
Old 05-02-2024, 02:32 PM   #1453
Toast_Man
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
This may be an unpopular opinion, but that's kind of funny, being an Edmonton fan and choosing that name.
Toast_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toast_Man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 02:37 PM   #1454
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Actually it was McDavid who took the shot while Rittich was maskless. Contrast that to the first period when they blew the whistle immediately when one of Skinners mask straps came undone. His mask didn't even move but they blew the whistle. Those officials last night were so far up the asses of the Oilers it wasnt even funny.
didn't watch the game but caught the intermission- was that when Friedman said McDavid let up on the shot because he's some sort of humanitarian and Bieksa called him out on it- like ok we get it you are cheering for him
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:43 PM   #1455
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm cheering for Vancouver to win over the Preds because I think Vancouver has a better chance than the Oilers.

Nashville vs. Oilers will be just like the Kings matchup, and Draisaitl will get a ton of points cuz he always scores against the Preds.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:16 PM   #1456
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Here's 3 prime examples of the horrendous officiating from last night.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1785878827467694167
I was going to ask if anyone saw Draisaitl with his ######y look around for the ref. This video kind of caught it - check his eyes at the very end of the clip, peering out over his glove, looking for the ref, while pretending to hold his face.

He might be the slimiest ######bag in the entire league.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:19 PM   #1457
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
Saw some Oilers fans replying to Walsh that the Dubois hold was actually a slew foot. They have no idea what a slew foot is. Any time one their players go down, they claim it was a slew foot.
If Oiler fans would like to learn what a slew foot is, they need only go and watch the play where Perry gets hurt in the first period. The reason he hurts himself is that he was slew footing the King, and couldn't properly brace himself for the contact with the boards. BLATANT slew foot - no call, of course.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:33 PM   #1458
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
he was slew footing the King, and couldn't properly brace himself for the contact with the boards. BLATANT slew foot - no call, of course.
He got a penalty for tripping.

Last edited by stang; 05-02-2024 at 03:42 PM.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:43 PM   #1459
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
If Oiler fans would like to learn what a slew foot is, they need only go and watch the play where Perry gets hurt in the first period. The reason he hurts himself is that he was slew footing the King, and couldn't properly brace himself for the contact with the boards. BLATANT slew foot - no call, of course.
I saw an Oilers fan respond to Aaron Ward and tried saying he just lost his footing and that it was a horrible call.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:53 PM   #1460
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah you seem really objective here

Quote:
You dont know much about hockey if you think draisatl and hyman are good hockey players, lol.
In the PGT when Oilers beat Flames you also posted "Oilers can only beat bottom feeders"

You are an Oilers fan.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote