Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2023, 04:59 PM   #1421
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing with all this ownership and expansion group talk, is that there tends to be a lot of hot air from people claiming they want to own a club. We saw that with Saskatoon who basically talked and talked and talked and then bailed when they couldn't get a free stadium.

It's a great thing that the league is 1. making sure ownership groups are committed to the money required and making sure the right stadium is in place and 2. not saying what cities are involved as that just builds false hope. It's good that they are doing it right under Noonan when under Clanachan they failed.

So for me, I'll believe that there are new owners for York when it's official, and new expansion teams when they are kicking a ball. But it would be great to have both.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:40 PM   #1422
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Well, now I'm going to have to hate this man.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1718092793489318321
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #1423
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
The thing with all this ownership and expansion group talk, is that there tends to be a lot of hot air from people claiming they want to own a club. We saw that with Saskatoon who basically talked and talked and talked and then bailed when they couldn't get a free stadium.

It's a great thing that the league is 1. making sure ownership groups are committed to the money required and making sure the right stadium is in place and 2. not saying what cities are involved as that just builds false hope. It's good that they are doing it right under Noonan when under Clanachan they failed.

So for me, I'll believe that there are new owners for York when it's official, and new expansion teams when they are kicking a ball. But it would be great to have both.
I wonder if Red Bull is the one coming in for York. Big football empire, would not call them world class myself.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 07:38 AM   #1424
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game day. We want the cup!

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 09:01 AM   #1425
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Absolutely mindboggling article, unless I'm missing a similar article for the Cavs. The league's infatuation with Forge is beyond reproach.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1718273932003066081

Ok, I'm wrong. There is one for the Cavs. CPL saves face. However I don't see it advertised on their social feeds like the Forge article.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 10-28-2023 at 09:03 AM.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 09:34 AM   #1426
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Absolutely mindboggling article, unless I'm missing a similar article for the Cavs. The league's infatuation with Forge is beyond reproach.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1718273932003066081

Ok, I'm wrong. There is one for the Cavs. CPL saves face. However I don't see it advertised on their social feeds like the Forge article.
I think they’ve done the exact same articles for both teams. I saw one earlier this week that was some like “5 reasons that Forge will win” and I was immediately triggered. I went to the website, and they had written the same thing for Cavs.

I should say, I haven’t read any of the articles, so I can’t really know that they’re balanced.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:54 AM   #1427
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I was immediately triggered. I went to the website, and they had written the same thing for Cavs.
It's actually a pretty smart ploy. They now get a bunch of website hits over us enraged fans
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 10:56 AM   #1428
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Regarding the Forge article, I think "Time Off" may actually not be a great thing. There's a big opportunity for Cavalry to come out strong will Forge shakes off two weeks of cobwebs. Plus Cavalry have only had a week to get in their own heads for this game while Forge has been stewing on this for a lonnng time.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:01 PM   #1429
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### it, I'm going to the ship with my GF to watch the game. If it's too packed one of you have to let us squeeze in.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 03:56 PM   #1430
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

F### the Forge.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:04 PM   #1431
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nerves are kicking in....

Old 10-28-2023, 04:50 PM   #1432
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nerves are kicking in....
This has been cagey...at best.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-28-2023, 04:56 PM   #1433
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Cavalry looked good, if a little reserved. The yellows are a little worrying, only because of the opponents and how unsurprising it would be to go down a man.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:56 PM   #1434
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Get Musse running more at James, that’s a mismatch

Akio needs to get his act together and get into the match. He’s got acres of space but just gives it away cheaply whenever he gets on the ball
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:57 PM   #1435
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cagey is a good description for that first half. Cavalry may have played a little bit better overall, but it's a little bit sloppy. Far better performance from them then the last time they played a Finals match in Hamilton...

Old 10-28-2023, 05:03 PM   #1436
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty choppy game, which is fine for Cavs for an away, with everything stacked against them. Can smell a second yellow coming for one of the guys in 2h.

The last Final the Cavs played in Hamilton in a final almost 4 years ago to the day, they got jobbed on an out of bounds call and the red card for Waterman not reduced after the first game but the one for Borges rescinded for the second game.

And a team not named Forge winning the first double in Canadian league soccer ? With the monopoly the Hamilton-based CSB have on the CPL and CSA?
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:04 PM   #1437
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cagey is a good description for that first half. Cavalry may have played a little bit better overall, but it's a little bit sloppy. Far better performance from them then the last time they played a Finals match in Hamilton...
My problem is that Forge are suckering them into a classic 'rope-a-dope' game.

They're doing their tumbling, passing backwards and overall playing a game to try and frustrate. They are playing negatively, which they always do against Cavalry.

Unfortunately Tommy always falls for that BS and doesnt set his players up to counter it.

Forge are going to flop around, complain, try and barter for cards, and then get one opportunity and dig in the knife.

Cavalry have to be playing smarter than that.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:25 PM   #1438
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Willy you gotta bury that.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:37 PM   #1439
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm gonna say it. Was she the best for the job? Or did they do it for diversity?

That's never a yellow on Trafford.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:43 PM   #1440
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
I'm gonna say it. Was she the best for the job? Or did they do it for diversity?

That's never a yellow on Trafford.
I agree on the yellow, that was harsh, but I dont think she's done a bad job overall.

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , fced is no good / dead , ftf , soccer