Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2024, 05:05 PM   #1401
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would do it, but that's because I'm a draft junkie, and more picks gives me a bigger high come draft day.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 05:05 PM   #1402
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had a dream about that trade idea and thought I'd post it here. It seemed sort of fair when you think that Ottawa probably wants pieces closer to being able to contribute before Tkachuk's contract is up.

Then maybe the Flames could get Catton, Tij, and 3 more prospects in the first 2 rounds...sigh. I probably think about the Flames too much if I'm dreaming trade proposals up in my sleep.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:09 PM   #1403
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
As a Flames fan I would do it. Because I think Honzek and Coronato are likely middle 6 forwards, and I would rather take a crack at star-level, top of the line-up talent.
But I think Ottawa says no.
Next to Celebrini there is no forwards that project as that calibre of player, that is what every scouting group has said. I think you are trading two top 6 forwards for 1. Now if you are talking one of the top D prospects in the draft I am more intrigued by that.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:14 PM   #1404
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Next to Celebrini there is no forwards that project as that calibre of player, that is what every scouting group has said. I think you are trading two top 6 forwards for 1. Now if you are talking one of the top D prospects in the draft I am more intrigued by that.
Yes for sure that would be my approach. Get a top end
d
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 05:44 PM   #1405
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
I had a dream about that trade idea and thought I'd post it here. It seemed sort of fair when you think that Ottawa probably wants pieces closer to being able to contribute before Tkachuk's contract is up.

Then maybe the Flames could get Catton, Tij, and 3 more prospects in the first 2 rounds...sigh. I probably think about the Flames too much if I'm dreaming trade proposals up in my sleep.
My dreams about the Flames are usually nightmares
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 05:51 PM   #1406
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Honzek and Coronato to Ottawa for 5th-7th OA - who says no?

Or do they forfeit their pick now to get it over with?
Ottawa definitely says no.

Calgary likely does too unless they have soured on their two guys.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:17 PM   #1407
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
My dreams about the Flames are usually nightmares
I have an occasionally recurring dream where I go to a Flames game, and find that my seat is in a section from which I can't even see the ice.

I'm not sure whether that's a nightmare or not.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:00 PM   #1408
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
I have an occasionally recurring dream where I go to a Flames game, and find that my seat is in a section from which I can't even see the ice.

I'm not sure whether that's a nightmare or not.
I have a reoccurring dream where the Flames are all in a Congo line, they are singing Jyrki Jokipakka only to the beat of that Congo song, da da da da da DA! Jyki - Joki - pa - KA! I have had it since he played on the team. The players change as the team changes with the exception of Jyrki Jokipakka. It is truly a wtf dream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 10:14 PM   #1409
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

The year Jokipakka was on the team, I saw a moving van with a full-sized picture of him on the side with a caption that read,” You Jokipakka, We Joki-move-ya!”
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 05:24 AM   #1410
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I would do it, but that's because I'm a draft junkie, and more picks gives me a bigger high come draft day.
I'm in a similar place because I project both Coronato and Honzek as future middle 6 wingers, but not as top line talent. Even if they become borderline 1st line players like Toffoli, he was just traded for a 2nd + 3rd. Long story short, middle 6 wingers always seem to be available in free agency, or through trade.

The 5th-7th round pick probably has about a 20% chance to become a top line player or better. Moreover, it would better address an organizational need for centers and top D. Finally, I think it would help with all our top rookies being on ELCs at the same time, and peaking at the same time.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 08:50 AM   #1411
reddude
Draft Pick

Default Tank for Celebrini

I'm still disappointed in our pick from last year, I thought we drafted well in the other rounds, but Honzek I see visions of Ruzicka just saw so many better players available.
I like pick at 8 we should do ok but let's just win the lottery draft Celebrini and then we are on our way.
i have done that draft simulator about 5 times and 3 times i got flames picking first dare to dream
reddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:23 AM   #1412
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have a reoccurring dream where the Flames are all in a Congo line, they are singing Jyrki Jokipakka only to the beat of that Congo song, da da da da da DA! Jyki - Joki - pa - KA! I have had it since he played on the team. The players change as the team changes with the exception of Jyrki Jokipakka. It is truly a wtf dream.
For future reference, the dance is called a Conga. Congo is a country in Africa.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 11:09 AM   #1413
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Honzek and Coronato to Ottawa for 5th-7th OA - who says no?

Or do they forfeit their pick now to get it over with?
If Ottawa is trading that pick it is likely for a right shot dman who is in his prime. I was just at the game on Thursday and they got humiliated. Tkachuk has made it clear he wants to win now, the owners have made it clear they want to win now and the fans have made it clear by not going to games. The last thing Ottawa needs is either that pick which cannot compete now or young players that cannot compete now.

They know they are stuck with Chabot and Norris for different reasons. Doubt they want to move Tkachuk, Batherson or Stutzle. Zub is their only decent dman on the right side. And Giroux signed to play at home. My prediction is the Sens do two things this offseason. One is move their first round pick this season for an elite dman on the right side. Second is they move Chychrun for a combo of picks and prospects that they use to try to fill other holes right now. Off chance they move Pinto as well for cap reasons but I doubt that. Their goaltending still sucks but Ottawa has no intention of continuing the rebuild.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:09 PM   #1414
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would be nice to get number 9 even though I think NJ won't deal it. Still I wonder if a package of Vancouver 1st + Markstrom+ Pospisil for their 1st and Holtz would intrigue them.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:21 PM   #1415
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Random thought as posters hype up certain prospects here: what is Pierre McGuire up to these days after losing his Ottawa job? He's the ultimate prospect hype guy and I have no idea what he's up to these days as he's not on the Canadian broadcast channels.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:01 PM   #1416
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Random thought as posters hype up certain prospects here: what is Pierre McGuire up to these days after losing his Ottawa job? He's the ultimate prospect hype guy and I have no idea what he's up to these days as he's not on the Canadian broadcast channels.
he is looking at his poster of Dion Phaneuf with his shirt off, same as he does every day
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM   #1417
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
he is looking at his poster of Dion Phaneuf with his shirt off, same as he does every day
So does Pierre have his shirt off while looking at it or is it a poster of a topless Dion?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 01:10 PM   #1418
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
It would be nice to get number 9 even though I think NJ won't deal it. Still I wonder if a package of Vancouver 1st + Markstrom+ Pospisil for their 1st and Holtz would intrigue them.
We went from turning down Markstrom for 1st + Holtz to throwing away the Vancouver 1st + Pospisil for nothing?
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:14 PM   #1419
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We went from turning down Markstrom for 1st + Holtz to throwing away the Vancouver 1st + Pospisil for nothing?
That was probably never on the table.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:45 PM   #1420
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pospisil is a keeper.

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good