Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2024, 02:40 PM   #121
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
That's got to be grossly overstated, simply due to the cost factor. Many people could simply not afford to do lines like they have drinks.
Cocaine doesn't last long and you build a tolerance, which is why addiction is so expensive. My friend who was addicted was going through $300-500/day.

For those that aren't addicted and are only using small amounts every so often, it's not that expensive. It's about $100/gram, but that's far more than a person just casually having a line at the bar would need. They'd likely need $20-30ish for the night.

The cost of drinks in a bar is insane right now. A pint of beer at Earls is $11.50 plus tax and tip.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:44 PM   #122
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
I meant kits that test the drug for fentanyl. My post would have been clearer if I had quoted a relevant post.
You can get those for free. The problem is that they don't work very well. You could have a small granule of fentanyl mixed in with the cocaine, that might not be in the exact sample you are testing. The strips also don't work on all of the Fentanyl derived chemicals like Carfentanyl.
Old 05-15-2024, 03:10 PM   #123
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
This aimed at me? I understand the concept of hockey jocks being self entitled #######s. These two clowns perpetuate that.
I know they are, but I like watching trainwrecks and miscreants and the underbelly of hockey.

99.9% of all other media is nerds talking about the game we just watched. everything is rosy and all players go to church. Other than for blind people, why the hell is there play by play and a sidekick.

Watch this how McDavid is able to get past the defender and block him out and go top shelf. I know, I am watching it. Do we have an announcer in movies saying "Furiosa has now just lept from this speeding auto in the desert".

Totally get not liking them and finding the stories detestable, but they are real and I like many others are curious as hell about the stuff away from the game. Pieces of crap make the world interesting. They are not all mormons, god no.

I only skip to the interviews and most are boring, especially currently playing players. But enforcer interviews, these guys are mostly deeply flawed and scarred and that's interesting as hell.

Also, this is funny
https://twitter.com/user/status/1790414464099164577
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 09:22 PM   #124
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Because I'm not up on drug lingo, what is gas? Tried to Google and it says everything from pot to alcohol to steroids. Didn't seem to mention cocaine.
Some call it gas because cocaine will sometimes smell like gasoline.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:06 PM   #125
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Biz and Whit talking about Nichushkin on latest SC. Emphasizing the human element, hope he’s getting help, feel for his family etc.

FWIW
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #126
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Some call it gas because cocaine will sometimes smell like gasoline.
A lot of cocaine is made with actual gasoline. The coca leaves are soaked in gasoline to extract the coca. Not all the gasoline is removed from the finished product, which is often made in make shift labs in the forest.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 05:20 PM   #127
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
I don't buy the addiction to cocaine part except for a select minority. Addiction to dopamine spike? That i buy.
Welcome to how many addictions work.

Gambling addiction? Dopamine spike. Sex addiction? Dopamine spike. Amphetamines? Dopamine spike. Opiates? Dopamine spike.

The more you trigger these artificially, the more your body compensates by lowering your own production of dopamine. That means you end up feeling down in the absolute dumps, unless you keep the drugs going. Hence, you are addicted.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote