Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #121
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
He was asked a question about the killing by a reporter and he gave a response. He didn't have a press conference about it, but he understandably had some thoughts about one of the major news stories in the U.S. If the murder of the elderly couple dominated the news and he was asked about that, I'm sure he would say it was tragic as well.
Yeah I know.

I'm just saying some might percieve it otherwise....
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #122
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
Yeah I know.

I'm just saying some might percieve it otherwise....
Maybe those that want to. Like you, for instance.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #123
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjinaz View Post
What does it matter what the kids look like? If they didn't look like his kids would it be any less a tragedy? If not then why bring it up in the first place? Can they not be like his kids, the same age, same personality, like the same activities, why do they have to "look" specifically? You could be right but that he phrased it in just that way on a clearly race related issue I don't think is coincidence.

We have been doing the same things in relation to race relations for years and it hasn't worked. Incidents like this reinforce everything that is wrong. The powers that be on both sides have dug in and are perfectly happy keeping things the way they are. Maybe when the Hispanics or Asians are the majority things will change or maybe they will just be the new oppressors.
If Bush was President and the kid was white and he said the same thing, you wouldn't give a ####. Nor should you or anyone give a damn about what Obama said.

Obama was entitled to say what he said and should not have to run everything he says through some form of race relations board.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #124
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If this Zimmerman guy was indeed following/stalking Trayvon before shooting him, that is not the proper use of the second amendment, and I'm sure he will be found guilty and serve time.

I don't know why Obama needed to say anything at all. Maybe he should show public sympathy for the victims of this crime as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lind-date.html

There's no if about it, Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher he was following the kid and was told by the dispatcher not to, he continued to against the advise/order of the dispatcher.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #125
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If this Zimmerman guy was indeed following/stalking Trayvon before shooting him, that is not the proper use of the second amendment, and I'm sure he will be found guilty and serve time.

I don't know why Obama needed to say anything at all. Maybe he should show public sympathy for the victims of this crime as well?

Perhaps if that crime had become a national story and sparked conversation on a number of issues he would have. Also would help if he was shouted questions about it when holding a press conference on a completely unrelated issue.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #126
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
Maybe those that want to. Like you, for instance.
Nope.....
Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #127
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Look the non white man should have listened to the dispatcher and let the police do their jobs. However, I find that the media slanting this and making a circus about it.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...51440495210585

Yet idiots like this can make signs and put a bounty on the head of the man.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/201...shooter/?tsp=1

where is the outrage for this?

http://youtu.be/NsWT5k-T41I
Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #128
tjinaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default It isn't even clear what happened yet

But because it was reported to be a white man shooting an unarmed black boy it is instantly a race issue. That the "white"(who later it seems is really hispanic) man walked with no changes made it more a race issue.

Is there any evidence yet that says the police are racist or handled this poorly yet? I haven't seen it nor has the press. It is all conjecture and rumor at this point and yet both the assailant and the police are racists. Tried and convicted in the press with no trial or due process. How about we let the DOJ and State authoriteies do their work before we pass any judgement. If there was wrong doing they will address it but until then it is all rumor.

This is a powderkeg waiting to go off and I don't think the President helped calm it at all. Once race is involved facts are thrown out the window and emotion reigns.

What is the defense when someone calls you a racist? They don't have to have any evidence just a "feeling" and instantly you are smeared. They just don't like the way you said something. You don't agree with Obama? Well that is because he is Black.. you are a racist. You don't think you should prejudge the police in a race related case? You are a racist... You think government is too big and join the Tea Party.... you are a racist. Seems like unless you think like they do you are a racist. Its like the PC inquisition and there are gangs of "progressives" yelling racist instead of heretic.
tjinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #129
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Nope.....
You already did with your first post.

You post wondering why he shows support for this victim but not others, then act as if you know why he doesn't. Either you didn't know, or you're just looking to stir the pot.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #130
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
But because it was reported to be a white man shooting an unarmed black boy it is instantly a race issue. That the "white"(who later it seems is really hispanic) man walked with no changes made it more a race issue.

Is there any evidence yet that says the police are racist or handled this poorly yet? I haven't seen it nor has the press. It is all conjecture and rumor at this point and yet both the assailant and the police are racists. Tried and convicted in the press with no trial or due process. How about we let the DOJ and State authoriteies do their work before we pass any judgement. If there was wrong doing they will address it but until then it is all rumor.

This is a powderkeg waiting to go off and I don't think the President helped calm it at all. Once race is involved facts are thrown out the window and emotion reigns.

What is the defense when someone calls you a racist? They don't have to have any evidence just a "feeling" and instantly you are smeared. They just don't like the way you said something. You don't agree with Obama? Well that is because he is Black.. you are a racist. You don't think you should prejudge the police in a race related case? You are a racist... You think government is too big and join the Tea Party.... you are a racist. Seems like unless you think like they do you are a racist. Its like the PC inquisition and there are gangs of "progressives" yelling racist instead of heretic.
Just so I have this straight this was your point of view on believing if Arabs were celebrating in the streets after 9/11...

"Never said which site or if I saw images of people celebrating 9/11. But when I read stories from several news sources saying it did happen, I am inclined to believe there were celebrations in Arab countries when this occurred.

No I am not feeling manipulated."

So it appears that several news sources reporting what you want to believe in is good, but just not this time?
SeeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #131
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

Quote:
Is there any evidence yet that says the police are racist or handled this poorly yet?
Yes, it was handled poorly when the police force did not follow their own protocol (which is arrest the shooter and have the defense examined in a court of law).
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #132
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
You already did with your first post.

You post wondering why he shows support for this victim but not others, then act as if you know why he doesn't. Either you didn't know, or you're just looking to stir the pot.
I don't really think Obama was intentionally trying to stir the race pot. The second part of my post was me being flippant perhaps...

The media brought it up so it's not Obamas fault....

Now, the Black Panthers want vigilante justice....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,1231157.story
Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #133
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

^Don't worry the Black Panthers wont go after this guy. They are just doing a recuitment drive to stand outside of polls and scare white people.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #134
tjinaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Really?

Quote:
Just so I have this straight this was your point of view on believing if Arabs were celebrating in the streets after 9/11...

"Never said which site or if I saw images of people celebrating 9/11. But when I read stories from several news sources saying it did happen, I am inclined to believe there were celebrations in Arab countries when this occurred.

No I am not feeling manipulated."

So it appears that several news sources reporting what you want to believe in is good, but just not this time?
So when I saw pictures in papers and the caption says "arabs celebrating destruction of twin towers" and believed it is the same as this.

If the paper had a picture of Trayvon being shot in the back by Zimmerman I would believe this too but then the DOJ wouldn't need to investigate either.

Last edited by tjinaz; 03-24-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #135
jonesy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Apparently your reading comprehension skills are lacking or you simply don't understand what is going on here in any way, shape or form.

An inability o prosecute under federal law doesn't mean Zimmerman walks, it means that he won't face federal charges. The DOJ official is making no statement as to the likelihood of conviction under Florida law, and why would he seeing as he's not able to bring those charges.

I'm not sure there's much point in discussing this with you. You apparently can't, or more likely won't, understand the issues at play. You don't seem capable of comprehending the simplest issue, or even the simplest of point made in this thread and yet you've decided that a mention of relating to this boys death by seeing his own children is the President playing the race card and nothing more. The ignorance you've displayed as to the role of race in this country is astounding, but I suppose that makes you fit right in in the great state of Arizona.
Regardless of whether you are right or not, you sure are a condesending prick.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #136
tjinaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Regardless of whether you are right or not, you sure are a condesending prick.
Welcome to the liberal elite

When they want your opinion they will give it to you.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #137
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Welcome to the liberal elite

When they want your opinion they will give it to you.
Lol, you're like a characature
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #138
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Look the non white man should have listened to the dispatcher and let the police do their jobs. However, I find that the media slanting this and making a circus about it.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...51440495210585

Yet idiots like this can make signs and put a bounty on the head of the man.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/201...shooter/?tsp=1

where is the outrage for this?

http://youtu.be/NsWT5k-T41I
They had a case like that in Vancouver a couple of years ago, kid claimed he'd been jumped and a couple of kids tried to set him on fire, I thought it was bull#### as teenagers generally just beat the tar out of each other, a few months later turned out it was the kids own fault, they didn't say for sure but it appeared he'd been huffing.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #139
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

as terrible as that story is and as much as i want a fiery death to the perpetrator, one thing in that story stood out

Quote:
They met each other on a blind date on Thanksgiving 1946, married a month later and went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren. They had recently welcomed a great-great-great grandchild.
how does that even happen? if you do the math, that woman and at least one offspring down the generational line all have had to given birth before the age of 18. apparently no one in that family has ever heard of birth control
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #140
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So when I saw pictures in papers and the caption says "arabs celebrating destruction of twin towers" and believed it is the same as this.

If the paper had a picture of Trayvon being shot in the back by Zimmerman I would believe this too but then the DOJ wouldn't need to investigate either.

Whatever helps you square that circle.

Last edited by SeeBass; 03-24-2012 at 09:49 PM.