Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #121
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

My team is in a serious rebuilding mode, as most of my star players have 25 games or less in their careers. I have put them up on the trading block for six hours with low starting prices, and no Buy Now price. It might turn out to be a poor strategy, but I hope to inspire some bidding wars!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #122
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't played in the game in well over 2 weeks. HUT got boring, very fast. And all the other modes are busted, with no way to tell if and when we are getting a patch.

I have never lost interest in this series before.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #123
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

as far as a patch, an EA employee posts over at operation sports and says that early november is when he thinks it will make it out. that was just his educated guess based on testing and approval times.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #124
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
as far as a patch, an EA employee posts over at operation sports and says that early november is when he thinks it will make it out. that was just his educated guess based on testing and approval times.
That is ridiculously unacceptable.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #125
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

ok I've calmed a bit. Sorry for the hissy fit. I'm home with the baby and I had stuff to while he was sleeping but played hockey instead which just added to my frustration.

I liked HUT but I found after working up to a bigger pack and getting very little it took the wind out of my sails. At this point I just want to focus on other games.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #126
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
ok I've calmed a bit. Sorry for the hissy fit. I'm home with the baby and I had stuff to while he was sleeping but played hockey instead which just added to my frustration.

I liked HUT but I found after working up to a bigger pack and getting very little it took the wind out of my sails. At this point I just want to focus on other games.
How many player cards in total are there in HUT? I wonder if the distribution of NHL players in card packs is purely based on the percentage of total players they comprise, or not.

I suspect not - and that’s what takes the wind out of my sails. If I had a 6 in 5000 (or whatever the number of players represented is) chance of getting Ovechkin on each card pack, that would be fine. But I doubt it is anywhere near this way - the presence of packs with “guaranteed rares” pretty much ensures that they are dabbling with the odds in the background.

It would be interesting too to track say 10 large card packs earned with game pucks, vs 10 large card packs purchased with money. I wonder if they skew the stats for the hard cash purchasers. I think they do. I went from getting “stars” from SM Liiga and what not, to, after spending like $8 bucks, having Gomez, Mike Richards, and Spezza, plus a cast of decent support NHL players. Not to mention tons of long term contract cards, etc.

The sudden jump in quality was a bit suprising, to say the least.

Edit: Oh, and before someone accuses me of whining, I’m not. I would just like to see some transparency - if I’m going to spend real money on virtual goods that are handed out randomly, the odds should be posted somewhere so I have an understanding of how my money is being spent. That’s why this game mode isn’t for me.

Last edited by sclitheroe; 10-02-2010 at 11:38 AM.
sclitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #127
Likwid
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I saved up to buy one of those Jumbo PROMO Packs with 8 rare cards and man am I disappointed. 7 of the rare cards and consumables and the only rare player is Andrew Ladd, wtf. 15000 pucks for that pack too.
Likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #128
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I agree with most people regarding this mode. It was fun for a bit but my team blows and it takes a lot games for me to get enough money to buy a standard pack and every time the rare cards are 25 or 35 game contracts. I want players instead.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #129
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

the funny thing about the promo jumbo packs is they only benefit cash players. since they are 15000 pucks, as a puck earner, its easier to just buy 2 jumbo packs. you still get 8 rares for 15k; however, you get 48 total cards instead of just 24 and even have a small chance of pulling up to 10 rares since each pack could be 5 instead of 4.

its only a good deal for cash customers as they are priced for 3 bucks as opposed to 2 bucks for a normal jumbo pack.

i realize EA is just trying to get new revenue sources. i can at least respect that. but they pretty much favor the people that pay money. those of us that want to try and play without investing money should at least have a chance.

and like schlitheroe mentions, it feels a lot like buying a pack gives you much better cards. obviously there is luck in all of this, but having bought many packs my best rare has been jokinen. the other night, i had managed to save up 7500 pucks. i was going to get the jumbo but got 3 standards instead. my 3 rares were a 25 game contract (which can be bought for 250 pucks on the market) a jersey, and eric nystrom. thought it was cool to get nystrom, i hardly would say i got a fair deal with him as my best card. having those 3 awful packs is actually what made me totally quit hut mode. because i would say it takes at least 10 games to earn 7500 pucks. thats not factoring that each game causes contracts to expire either. so having to play that many games just for nystrom? how am i ever supposed to get legit nhl players? how am i ever supposed to get rare training cards and 80 game contracts to develop prospects?

its b.s. and i shouldn't have even played it as long as i did.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #130
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Anyone gonna be playing after the game?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #131
habfan5693
Draft Pick

how many head coaches are there in hut and my team goes as fallows

sharp - giroux - gaborik
frolov - langkow - brown
sullivan - boyd - ward
randoms

markov - green
gonchar - letang
hedman - scheffer

varlamov
random

i have over 400 players and around 150 nhlers
habfan5693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #132
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Didn't know this mode would be this addicting...
C-ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #133
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I need a friggin' center! So bad...

Glencross-Langkow-Sim
Greentree-Gustafsson-Zubov
Random-McAmmond-Random
Random-Random-Random

Rundblad-Larsson
Prospect-Prospect
Prospect-Prospect

Karlsson
Labarbara

I need NHL players lol. I join tournaments and I am ravaged by first lines of Crosby's, Ovechkin's... HAHA

This mode is pretty addicting.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #134
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

FML

I just missed the Giordano card that I waited 2 hours for...1000 EA Pucks, 81 overall, 75 career. OMG I fail.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #135
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I just picked up Glencross for 750 pucks! He's on a 35 game contract, 55 in his career and is an 81 overall with only 1/4 trading card slots used. Not bad, I say.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #136
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just played HUT 3 days ago and now I have a first line of Bourque-Stastny-Stewart.

AWESOME.

I love this mode.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #137
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Definitely gets very very addictive. I play on the xbox and i haven't spent a cent on my team but definitely a lot of hours on offline tourneys and playing the market. My A team right now:

Tanguay - Backlund (boosted to 89) - Havlat
Samsonov - E. Staal - Williams
Howse (Boosted) - Skinner(Boosted) - Skille (Boosted)
Fidler - Wahl (boosted)- Shultz

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Kronwall - Ericsson
Scandella (boosted) - Gudbransson (boosted)

Luongo/58 rate OHL scrub

Last edited by kobasew19; 11-03-2010 at 09:36 AM.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #138
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just picked up Getzlaf and Perry...then the salary cap screws me over. I had to get rid of 2 of my current 1st liners of Stastny (73career) and Stewart (86career). Sold them both for a combined 9000 pucks.

Getzlaf (94 ovr) - 31 career, 1650 pucks
Perry (91 ovr) - 41 career, 1850 pucks

Good deals I say.

My lineup now as follows.

Wolski-Getzlaf-Perry
Couturier-Stajan-Bourque
Glencross-Gustafsson-Bowman
Emmerton-Zubov-Landeskog

Martin-Giordano
McCabe-Wideman
Larsson-Rundblad

Rask
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #139
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow...are people really scared of my first line? 3 times now, I go online mode, then continue on till the line selection. They see my Wolski-Getzlaf-Perry line and they quit.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #140
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ero View Post
Wow...are people really scared of my first line? 3 times now, I go online mode, then continue on till the line selection. They see my Wolski-Getzlaf-Perry line and they quit.
Make it ur 2nd line and u're good to go.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote