Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2024, 01:19 PM   #1361
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Theo once had a tapeworm travel up into his skull so it could feast on his brain. Poor little fella starved to death.

Last edited by PaperBagger'14; 05-12-2024 at 01:24 PM.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 02:50 PM   #1362
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Theo once had a tapeworm travel up into his skull so it could feast on his brain. Poor little fella starved to death.
Kinda like RFK Jr.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2024, 08:30 AM   #1363
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Theo speaks out on science.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1797481547530138036
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:02 AM   #1364
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

WTF? Is he a fossil denier now?

Dinosaur bones were planted by Satan to make us question the truths of the bible.
Old 06-03-2024, 09:48 AM   #1365
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Dinosaur bones were planted by Satan to make us question the truths of the bible.
Which begs the question....what exactly does Fleury believe in?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:26 AM   #1366
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There is apparently a 'theory' that oil is produced by the earth and that oil supplies are naturally regenerated. I'm really not sure the point of this theory though.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:39 AM   #1367
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Which begs the question....what exactly does Fleury believe in?
I would imagine given his position as an influencer, whatever current talking point he's fed by his handlers.

David Parker is pushing the abiotic oil theory on social media as well..

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 06-03-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:48 AM   #1368
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
There is apparently a 'theory' that oil is produced by the earth and that oil supplies are naturally regenerated. I'm really not sure the point of this theory though.
It turns fossil fuels from an unsustainable resource into a sustainable one. You don't need tons and tons of slow decaying organic matter accumulated over billions of years if oil is not a "fossil fuel".

It's really beyond the pale, even for Fleury. I think he would deny water having the characteristic of being wet if a scientist said it was true.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:50 AM   #1369
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

This loser should have been an Oiler. He has all the bird brain ####### traits.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 07:39 AM   #1370
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perhaps we should extol to him the benefits of asbestos. Environmentalists and so called "health experts" have stolen this miracle mineral from us for long enough. Cream of asbestos for breakfast daily will prevent any need for vaccines at all.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 08:02 AM   #1371
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
It turns fossil fuels from an unsustainable resource into a sustainable one. You don't need tons and tons of slow decaying organic matter accumulated over billions of years if oil is not a "fossil fuel".

It's really beyond the pale, even for Fleury. I think he would deny water having the characteristic of being wet if a scientist said it was true.
At this point in history, isn't the sustainability of "fossil fuels" sort of irrelevant. I appreciate that "oil running out" was once a global concern, but it seems like the current zeitgeist is now concerned that we have too much remaining oil (and the climate consequences of burning that remaining oil).
Old 06-04-2024, 08:07 AM   #1372
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Perhaps we should extol to him the benefits of asbestos. Environmentalists and so called "health experts" have stolen this miracle mineral from us for long enough. Cream of asbestos for breakfast daily will prevent any need for vaccines at all.
Anything's possible, I recently saw a post claiming that we should start putting lead back in paint because it will protect us from radio waves or some similar BS.

It was a screengrab of a Twitter or Facebook post, so I don't know if the person who posted it was being serious or not, but in this day and age, it doesn't take much for one person's joke to become another's deeply-held belief system.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:08 AM   #1373
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
At this point in history, isn't the sustainability of "fossil fuels" sort of irrelevant. I appreciate that "oil running out" was once a global concern, but it seems like the current zeitgeist is now concerned that we have too much remaining oil (and the climate consequences of burning that remaining oil).
Right, but this is all part of the extreme right wing thought bubble:

Climate science is bull####, part of a communist conspiracy to destroy the economy
Climate isn't a concern and the government is setting wildfires to scare you
Burning oil and gas isn't a problem for the environment
It's also a constantly replenishing resource and not a fossil fuel! Yay! Fossils are made up to make you think that god didn't create the world or that he doesn't exist (another communist plot)
Also...renewable energy is a communist plot by China (leaders in solar cell manufacturing) to destroy our economy...

You see, there's a whole lot of other things that this fits with in their circular thinking, and I'm sure I'm leaving some important ones out, but their "zeitgeist" is a lot ####ing different from the rest of the world's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2024, 08:20 AM   #1374
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anything's possible, I recently saw a post claiming that we should start putting lead back in paint because it will protect us from radio waves or some similar BS.

It was a screengrab of a Twitter or Facebook post, so I don't know if the person who posted it was being serious or not, but in this day and age, it doesn't take much for one person's joke to become another's deeply-held belief system.
Just trying to find ways to have them self-eliminate. Asbestos is probably too slow. You can also prevent inhaling shed vaccine by filling your lungs with spray foam. Quick and effective. Though perhaps too quick, they wouldn't have time to spread the message.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:21 AM   #1375
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Right, but this is all part of the extreme right wing thought bubble:

Climate science is bull####, part of a communist conspiracy to destroy the economy
Climate isn't a concern and the government is setting wildfires to scare you
Burning oil and gas isn't a problem for the environment
It's also a constantly replenishing resource and not a fossil fuel! Yay! Fossils are made up to make you think that god didn't create the world or that he doesn't exist (another communist plot)
Also...renewable energy is a communist plot by China (leaders in solar cell manufacturing) to destroy our economy...

You see, there's a whole lot of other things that this fits with in their circular thinking, and I'm sure I'm leaving some important ones out, but their "zeitgeist" is a lot ####ing different from the rest of the world's.
You missed "God gave us the oil to use."
Old 06-04-2024, 10:03 AM   #1376
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You laugh, but I literally had a teacher in sunday school at Properties Baptist Church back in the 90s tell me something along those lines. This "teacher" told us that the bible was meant to be taken quite literally. As in, god can do whatever the F he wants and made the universe in 7 earth days. I remember asking about dinosaur bones and how they got there and being told God was testing us , to see if we'd believe in his holy word or fall for the trick the devil played on us. God could have also put them there because he's god and can do whatever the F he wants. Wild times at that church.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:06 AM   #1377
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
You laugh, but I literally had a teacher in sunday school at Properties Baptist Church back in the 90s tell me something along those lines. This "teacher" told us that the bible was meant to be taken quite literally. As in, god can do whatever the F he wants and made the universe in 7 earth days. I remember asking about dinosaur bones and how they got there and being told God was testing us , to see if we'd believe in his holy word or fall for the trick the devil played on us. God could have also put them there because he's god and can do whatever the F he wants. Wild times at that church.
I just can't imagine worshipping a superior being whose whole purpose is ####ing with you.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2024, 10:10 AM   #1378
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Cool.

So god is putting Satan's plan into action by allowing dinosaur bones to exist, or perhaps he put them there himself??? Also, if god can do whatever he wants, why does he continue to allow Satan to exist? It stands to reason that god enjoys watching human suffering if he allows it to continue. Pretty great...
Old 06-04-2024, 10:12 AM   #1379
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I just can't imagine worshipping a superior being whose whole purpose is ####ing with you.
That's what always gets me about the Abrahamic religions. Their version of God is such a petty, insecure, manipulative #######. Why would anyone want to believe in/worship such an #######?
Old 06-04-2024, 11:55 AM   #1380
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Why would anyone want to believe in/worship such an #######?
So you don’t go to hell. Duh.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: