Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2023, 12:39 PM   #1341
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or how they get to the nest and just decide to go to the sleep when the child’s life is in the balance - like this was a be urgent mission where every second counted, it wasn’t that far of a climb they couldn’t make it to the top before night.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:27 PM   #1342
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
The Order 66 part of the story was great, but the rest of that episode was such lazy and poor writing.

The Raptor for some reason doesn't kill its prey when it captures it with no explanation as to why. It then keeps it alive for over a day, away from its babies? That whole sequence made no sense. Then the Mandalorians take the babies to be raised as foundlings?

Especially after last week, this is really disappointing work.
It was painfully nonsensical.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:17 PM   #1343
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raptor had extra food, baby fett was in the queue.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:02 PM   #1344
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ they also mentioned the inability to use the jet packs like six separate times. Was pretty bad.

Idk, this season feels directionless to me.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 11:05 PM   #1345
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well thank goodness I wasn't the only one that watched that whole episode minus the flashback with a raised eyebrow.

Some suspect writing, to be sure.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:08 AM   #1346
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a really short episode and I saw it was directed by Carl Weathers. Anyone know which other episode he directed and if it was also not very good?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:18 AM   #1347
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
^ they also mentioned the inability to use the jet packs like six separate times. Was pretty bad.

Idk, this season feels directionless to me.
I agree the dialog was poor overall. When they landed the ship during the rescue, they walk down the exit ramp and Bo Katan says "We land here, any closer and it will hear us". Who is she talking to? Not the team because surely she would have said this before they landed. I remember thinking "who is he/she talking to" a few times during the episode.

There were two scenes I really liked.

First was Grogu showing real sadness/fear at the start of the flahsback which was remarkable. First time I've seen him show emotion beyond wonder or hunger.

The second was the solitary campfire scene - it showed the juxtaposition of Mandalorians as a close community, but in one of the most social daily activities they are forced by their creed to be apart. I thought that was cool.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:41 AM   #1348
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I agree the dialog was poor overall. When they landed the ship during the rescue, they walk down the exit ramp and Bo Katan says "We land here, any closer and it will hear us". Who is she talking to? Not the team because surely she would have said this before they landed. I remember thinking "who is he/she talking to" a few times during the episode.

There were two scenes I really liked.

First was Grogu showing real sadness/fear at the start of the flahsback which was remarkable. First time I've seen him show emotion beyond wonder or hunger.

The second was the solitary campfire scene - it showed the juxtaposition of Mandalorians as a close community, but in one of the most social daily activities they are forced by their creed to be apart. I thought that was cool.
I wonder if the sadness is beyond just seeing random Jedi slaughtered. But that we will see another flashback where his rescuer is murdered. I mean we know that there are very few Jedi left. Kenobi, Yoda and Ashoka (She is no jedi) left out there.

The biggest problem in Legends for me, is they kept running into these survivors of Order 66, in effect it made Palpatine and Vader look like bunglers with Order 66, there should have been very few survivors of Palatinates Jedi Box.

I loved the idea of the campfire scene which was the staple in all Western Movies that I watched growing up. The harmonica playing bean eating burbon sipping cowboys sitting around a fire with the cows mooing in the background, or just the dead of night was a powerful image of a band of brothers.

I did kind of love that at its heart the Children of the Watch while they're a band, don't have these great moments of getting to know each other and many probably have no idea what each other look like or what they really sound like.

And having them all go off to eat in solitude is kind of sad.

It would have been nice to have a scene where they all returned to the fire after eating and maybe the father of the foundling talks about how worried he is that they won't be on time. Or Bo talks about being there when the Republic turned into the Empire that then destroyed Mandalore. It would have been a powerful addon for me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:54 AM   #1349
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
The Raptor for some reason doesn't kill its prey when it captures it with no explanation as to why. It then keeps it alive for over a day, away from its babies? That whole sequence made no sense. Then the Mandalorians take the babies to be raised as foundlings?
I presumed the remark about the chicks being "foundlings" was a joke, and that in reality they were going to attempt to tame them or simply eat them.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #1350
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
I presumed the remark about the chicks being "foundlings" was a joke, and that in reality they were going to attempt to tame them or simply eat them.
Well, yeah. Boba Fett rode a Rancor, pretty sure thats the direction this is going in.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:05 AM   #1351
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
They're going to domesticate them and ride them.

The mando's like Cowboys need horses.

Old 03-27-2023, 11:07 AM   #1352
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Mandalorians have a history of taming and riding massive beasts. I bet we'll see Bo struggle trying to ride one of the bird things, then she'll eventually get the hang of it, which will prepare her for taming the Mythosaur.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #1353
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The Mandalorians have a history of taming and riding massive beasts. I bet we'll see Bo struggle trying to ride one of the bird things, then she'll eventually get the hang of it, which will prepare her for taming the Mythosaur.
Yup when we first met Boba in the Christmas special he was riding a dinosaur.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 10:28 AM   #1354
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Only a half-SW nerd here, and I was kind of half paying attention in the episode...so the flashback of Grogu to Order 66...was he at the facility where Anakin waltzed in and killed all the baby-jedis? Is that where it showed Grogu escaping from?
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:06 AM   #1355
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Only a half-SW nerd here, and I was kind of half paying attention in the episode...so the flashback of Grogu to Order 66...was he at the facility where Anakin waltzed in and killed all the baby-jedis? Is that where it showed Grogu escaping from?
Yup, that's the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 03:26 PM   #1356
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh come on! I love the leather jacket and pashmina afghan!

Also...

Spoiler!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:35 PM   #1357
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, any speculation on what happened with the Moff?

Spoiler!

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 03-29-2023 at 08:48 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:35 PM   #1358
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Did the they fire all the old writers?

Wtf is going on with this show?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:52 PM   #1359
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Did the they fire all the old writers?

Wtf is going on with this show?
Maybe its that interference by Kathleen Kennedy thing and the Orange Julius guy was right.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:13 PM   #1360
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

The entire tone of the show has changed.

I dont even want to watch it anymore .
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote