Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2024, 08:19 AM   #12741
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I just don't understand how this is happening. Trump is a legit idiot, and he's under investigation for multiple counts of corruption.
Because America’s tribes live in completely different information worlds. The Republican core no more trusts the news sources reporting on Trump’s corruption than Democrats trust Fox News or Breitbart. And they feel the courts where he’s being charged are as partisan as Democrats feel the Republican-stuffed Supreme Court is.

We’re witnessing democracy struggle to function in a society that no longer has shared truths or trust.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 01-18-2024 at 08:24 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #12742
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Inflation is a big problem for Biden. Even though it would be tough to make a case that it was his fault or that his admin hasn't managed the economy about as well as possible with balancing fighting inflation and not putting the country in a recession, he has become the poster boy for high prices since they went up a lot during his term. I don't know how he escapes from that. Inflation is the worst problem for a president because unlike unemployment that even in high unemployment affects a small percentage, inflation affects everyone.
Considering there are voters who support Trump because they are pro-choice and blame Biden for Roe being over-turned during his term, I don't see a way out.

Biden has no control whatsoever on how the Supreme Court rules. Zero. Especially one that's stacked with right-wing judges who Trump appointed. Anyone blaming the Biden administration for Roe being overturned are flippin' morons.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2024, 09:51 AM   #12743
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Considering there are voters who support Trump because they are pro-choice and blame Biden for Roe being over-turned during his term
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Anyone blaming the Biden administration for Roe being overturned are flippin' morons.
Yes, I believe that was nfotiu's point.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2024, 10:34 AM   #12744
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Trump does that on purpose. He wants to get tossed by the judge so he can cry to his supporters that he's being treated unfairly by some partisan judge who doesn't like him.
Yeah, it’s theatre to him and he’s the star of the show.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 11:38 AM   #12745
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...m_medium=email

This is amazing. Ed O'Neill is a legend
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2024, 03:34 PM   #12746
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good lord. Why they aren't primarying this guy is beyond me.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1748042115244831043
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:00 PM   #12747
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Yeah, it’s theatre to him and he’s the star of the show.
Well… it’s a grift, and the theatre is part of the grift.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:12 PM   #12748
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why even bother asking that question?
1. Only 2 primary challenges against presidents have been "successful" - not really successful but enough that they caused Johnson and Truman to drop out of the races themselves. The primary challengers didn't go on to win nominations. AND both elections wound up in notable defeats for the democrats.
2. To run against someone you've already lost an election to is almost a hopeless cause. This is the scenario created in the current election without primary.
3. Joe, in spite of everything, is leading basically the only hot economy in the world right now. I find it pretty remarkable that they are not getting more praise for this, but Bidenomics (stupid) does seem to be working, and they've tripled down on America first.

Biden will win the election.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2024, 04:22 PM   #12749
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

#SyphilisDon is trending on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Syphilis...=hashtag_click
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2024, 06:24 AM   #12750
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
#SyphilisDon is trending on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Syphilis...=hashtag_click
Don't even need to read it and already laughing.

Awesome.
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:01 AM   #12751
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a fun thread. I guess he has lesions that look like syphillis on his hands.

Also, did he really post this?
https://twitter.com/user/status/1748054712434462973
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:44 AM   #12752
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

No clue who Dean Phillips is but #YangGang endorsed him for president so he must have some good ideas.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM   #12753
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump haters aren’t doing our side any favours by photoshopping his face to make it orange. It’s petty and childish, and makes us look bad.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:06 AM   #12754
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's a fun thread. I guess he has lesions that look like syphillis on his hands.

Also, did he really post this?
https://twitter.com/user/status/1748054712434462973
wow if that was a satire tweet I'd say well done. every word or phrase, including the name he used is just perfect- for a joke. but it's real? is it real?
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:30 AM   #12755
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Trump haters aren’t doing our side any favours by photoshopping his face to make it orange. It’s petty and childish, and makes us look bad.
Would it be better to overlay the American Flag over his face and use it as an avatar?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:45 AM   #12756
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Why even bother asking that question?
1. Only 2 primary challenges against presidents have been "successful" - not really successful but enough that they caused Johnson and Truman to drop out of the races themselves. The primary challengers didn't go on to win nominations. AND both elections wound up in notable defeats for the democrats.
2. To run against someone you've already lost an election to is almost a hopeless cause. This is the scenario created in the current election without primary.
3. Joe, in spite of everything, is leading basically the only hot economy in the world right now. I find it pretty remarkable that they are not getting more praise for this, but Bidenomics (stupid) does seem to be working, and they've tripled down on America first.

Biden will win the election.
I have no idea who will win the election and certainly am no fan of Trump, but I think anyone who believes that economy alone is good enough for Biden to win, guess again. Go listen to what the majority of the elites said at Davos. Things aren't as rosy as Biden & hot economy folks think it is. And I say that fully understanding that the US economy is in a league of its own compared to the rest of the world right now.

Biden is a senile old man who was lucky enough to have some smart people in his administration which have made some smart policy decisions to drive some insane GDP growth the past 6-8 quarters. But he certainly isn't a good candidate otherwise, and there are tons of issues that someone who is concerned with Trump being President again should be worried about.

Democrats seem to have their head stuck in the sand kicking their legs around like morons right now thinking Biden is their ticket.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #12757
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Biden is a senile old man who was lucky enough to have some smart people in his administration which have made some smart policy decisions to drive some insane GDP growth the past 6-8 quarters.
I agree with you that a major difference between Trump and Biden is the people they hire. Biden hires smart, experienced people who are dedicated to the well-being of the country. Trump hires sycophants that pump his ego before he disowns them and they end up in jail.

This should be a major election issue. It is going to be a unique election where both candidates are basically incumbents and have a presidential record to run on.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoreality For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #12758
marsplasticeraser
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Biden is a senile old man who was lucky enough to have some smart people in his administration which have made some smart policy decisions to drive some insane GDP growth the past 6-8 quarters. But he certainly isn't a good candidate otherwise, and there are tons of issues that someone who is concerned with Trump being President again should be worried about.
Wait, so you don't care about the outcomes, you're more concerned about how they get the outcome? That's crazy to me.

You'd be the guy running Joe Nieuwendyk out of town because you didn't think he was a good enough skater to succeed at the NHL, and that most of his goals were garbage goals. You'd completely ignore the 50+ goals he WAS scoring!

Whether Biden was the guy leading the charge, or was simply letting talented people lead the charge is irrelevant.
marsplasticeraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #12759
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Would it be better to overlay the American Flag over his face and use it as an avatar?
I thought that we, as a society, had moved past flagface
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:13 AM   #12760
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I thought the sign of a good leader was they knew how to assemble a team of talented people and let them do what they're good at rather than the leader saying "I alone can fix it."