Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2024, 09:11 AM   #12221
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
On a more eloquent note while I’m still reeling from those eyebrows, this is what I was referring to in the other thread about politicians (Conservatives and Liberals) not just leading from a place of fixing what’s broken, but actively trying to hurt people they don’t like along the way.

It’s impossible to tell what she stands for. Environmentalism? She kinda says that, then contradicts it. You’d think it would be supporting business since that’s a typical Conservative thing, but she’s standing there trying to encourage a boycott on a business that employs thousands of Canadians because of pizza and woke lids. So, the only thing it appears she actually stands for is anti-wokeness (and pizza) which isn’t standing FOR anything. So many politicians now are just empty populist morons who want to make things worse.

I hate this dumb ####.
Whats your problem with it? She even insinuates that inanimate paper lids can be 'woke!'

The dream is alive!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 11:12 AM   #12222
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are many legit reasons to hate in Timmies, but that is pretty dumb. I hope they release find somebody with acerbic enough wit to call out her bozoness.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:27 AM   #12223
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Going into that X thread, it says she spends $45,000 per month in expenses as an MP. Pigs at the trough indeed.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:27 PM   #12224
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most importantly, has anyone tried Tim's pizza yet?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:50 PM   #12225
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh wow...who besides absolutely everyone could have seen that coming?

There was even a guy credited as 'Drug User' who told the reporter exactly what was going to happen.

So having had time to digest this and think on it, as well as looking into what is actually changing in BCs approach, I am still on board with decriminalization.

The recent spike in drug related deaths in BC is blamed on decriminalization but Provinces that have carried on with status quo or even doubled down on prosecuting drug offenses have seen similar or worse growth in drug related deaths. While decriminalization is being scapegoated in BC by right wing politicians and pundits, it is not particularly better in any province no matter what their approach is. The issue isn't decriminalization. There is an issue that is across the country, and the political leaning of each Province's leadership doesn't seem to change that. What BC has managed to do is see a much lower spike in deaths by comparison, so they are doing something right.

Now as for Eby's step back. Drugs are still decriminalized in BC. Drug use in public spaces is once again illegal. The Police are being instructed to just disrupt drug use in open spaces and to push people to move on to more secluded places and are only looking to go beyond that in extreme circumstances.

As for the video itself. It's the same Zivo article with a different presenter and the same questionable sources and stories. Changing the medium doesn't change the content.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 05:16 PM   #12226
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are going to decriminalize, you need safe supply to go along with it. Not discouraging use in combination with more dirty and toxic drugs might not be the root cause of the increasing deaths, but I am sure it is part of it.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:45 PM   #12227
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1788603995189125220
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...199306?cmp=rss

Conservative MP's, tackling all the most important woke issues on your morning drive...
Okay seriously everybody… please tell me this is from 22 Minutes…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 05:47 PM   #12228
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Perhaps TD Bank could weigh in, since the handle the money laundering. Big business.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:45 PM   #12229
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tim's used to be for the little guy? They shut down the little guys. Also, I really want to try that flatbread pizza. Not a big fan of their coffee or donuts, but I don't mind their sandwiches and wraps.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:54 PM   #12230
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1788603995189125220
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...199306?cmp=rss

Conservative MP's, tackling all the most important woke issues on your morning drive...
If ever you feel the unpleasant thoughts of imposter syndrome, that feeling of inadequacy because you're a fraud who is unqualified for your job, just remember that an elected Conservative MP once proudly posted a video to Twitter about how she was triggered by "woke coffee lids".
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 07:01 PM   #12231
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Tim's used to be for the little guy? They shut down the little guys. Also, I really want to try that flatbread pizza. Not a big fan of their coffee or donuts, but I don't mind their sandwiches and wraps.
Must have been before she can even remember. Ron Joyce sold them to Wendy’s in 1996 for ~$600 million.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:51 PM   #12232
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I also kinda want to try that pizza.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:23 PM   #12233
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been boycotting Tim Hortons for years because of their ####ty coffee and food.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:43 AM   #12234
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Must have been before she can even remember. Ron Joyce sold them to Wendy’s in 1996 for ~$600 million.
And that was one of the best buys in Canadian mergers and acquisitions history.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:27 AM   #12235
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I've been boycotting Tim Hortons for years because of their ####ty coffee-flavoured beverage and food.
Fyp
Old 05-11-2024, 09:43 AM   #12236
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
So having had time to digest this and think on it, as well as looking into what is actually changing in BCs approach, I am still on board with decriminalization.

The recent spike in drug related deaths in BC is blamed on decriminalization but Provinces that have carried on with status quo or even doubled down on prosecuting drug offenses have seen similar or worse growth in drug related deaths. While decriminalization is being scapegoated in BC by right wing politicians and pundits, it is not particularly better in any province no matter what their approach is. The issue isn't decriminalization. There is an issue that is across the country, and the political leaning of each Province's leadership doesn't seem to change that. What BC has managed to do is see a much lower spike in deaths by comparison, so they are doing something right.

Now as for Eby's step back. Drugs are still decriminalized in BC. Drug use in public spaces is once again illegal. The Police are being instructed to just disrupt drug use in open spaces and to push people to move on to more secluded places and are only looking to go beyond that in extreme circumstances.

As for the video itself. It's the same Zivo article with a different presenter and the same questionable sources and stories. Changing the medium doesn't change the content.
I'm keeping an open mind about it, but I inherently disagree with BC's decriminalization policy.

Primarily because, while I dont agree with locking people up, do believe there needs to be some standards as well as mandatory treatment.

You dont need to send people to jail, but you do need to emphasize the need to stop doing drugs.

And furthermore, the policy of 'Everything is okay everywhere' creates a normalization issue for something that shouldnt be normalized.

Finally, I think you're focusing too much on 'Drug-Related Deaths.'

Because decriminalization or normalization or whatever, by that time its way too late.

These insane new drugs are bad, but as bad as they are, they're still only part of the problem.

People using these drugs arent getting regular medical treatment, normal life cycle, living normally, we could go on and on and this leads to poor health, both physical and mental, which leads to more drugs.

I dont think decriminalization is helping.

Its not tossing people in the clink, but its not solving any problems either. Is it making things worse? I cant tell you that simply based on Drug-Related Deaths. I dont know.

But basically it seems that line being drawn is: Either 'wherever they want in public' of 'Jail.'

Without doing any of the tail-end work? It doesnt seem like it matters much except to just get that out of the Public area so that behaviour isnt learned or copied.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:54 AM   #12237
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post

This is really about protecting public spaces and giving police some authority back to do so. I agree this isn't really a walk back because "decrim has led to more deaths".

Quote:
You and others attacked the medium when it was posted; not the content.
So changing the medium certainly does change things.

You can't be focused on the medium when it's one source, then conveniently brush that off when it's CBC.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 12:03 PM   #12238
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

You can't be focused on the medium when it's one source, then conveniently brush that off when it's CBC.

I attacked both. Zivo a hack. The contents of his article had unverifiable uncorroborated stories and medical science that doesn't check out.

The CBC spot was just his article on screen.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:09 PM   #12239
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Most importantly, has anyone tried Tim's pizza yet?
That would require actually going to Tims
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:14 AM   #12240
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Tim's Pizza is better than you'd expect.

It sucks, but it's better than you'd expect.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote