Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #101
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMileDJ View Post
If you guys wanna add me, my BattleTag is: Redmile#1569

Please identify yourself, when sending your request, rather than randomly adding/messaging me.
I think I tried to add you...
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #102
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I think I tried to add you...
Won't be on until later.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #103
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Online now. Redmile#1569
Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #104
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've got the Character not found bug.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #105
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea pretty impressed so far. I haven't experienced it all yet, but I am at level 95 and having fun. The Garrison stuff is really well done, I actually enjoy going there to do the upkeep.

The end game PvP will be the true test..
Old 11-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #106
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Sadly noticed my mage is very underwhelming, at 96 went from fire to frost and noticed a big difference until I hit Nagrand where again I was taking way too long to kill mobs.

Went to the forums and its filled with complaints about mage dps being far too low, considering no self heals, glass cannon concept... Might have to just level my hunter or one of my other toons. Blizz never seems to know how to handle mages, either they overpower them briefly, or they are generally underwhelming.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #107
Maccalus
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This expansion has been the most fun I have had leveling for quite a while. The questing is really well done. I will definitely finish all the zones story lines on my first character.
Maccalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #108
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Shadow Priest is like a hot knife through butter so far. They really nerfed Vampiric Embrace so the self heal doesn't work with Mind Sear.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #109
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yeah I keep watching other classes around me trashing mobs quickly while I'm running around kiting lol.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #110
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Leveling my Death Knight first and will level my Shaman after.

So far I really like the expansion. It reminds me more of Vanilla right now. MoP really killed it for me...
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #111
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I feel like the Garrisons are going to be like baby-sitting. Always needing attention, otherwise you lose the benefits of it.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #112
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMileDJ View Post
I feel like the Garrisons are going to be like baby-sitting. Always needing attention, otherwise you lose the benefits of it.
It'll get better when everything is leveled up. Eventually you'll be able to queue up 2.5 days of work orders at a time and you'll be sending guys on 24 hour+ long missions.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #113
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else levelling a Prot warrior? I can't believe how much damage I'm outputting - seems much faster than arms.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #114
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Compensation for the crappy start: 5 days of play time.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...j-allen-brack/

Quote:
In recognition of the difficulties so many of you ran into when trying to play over the first few days, we're adding five days’ worth of extra time to every subscription in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe that was active as of Friday, November 14.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #115
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Sadly noticed my mage is very underwhelming, at 96 went from fire to frost and noticed a big difference until I hit Nagrand where again I was taking way too long to kill mobs.

Went to the forums and its filled with complaints about mage dps being far too low, considering no self heals, glass cannon concept... Might have to just level my hunter or one of my other toons. Blizz never seems to know how to handle mages, either they overpower them briefly, or they are generally underwhelming.
I'm playing Arcane and I find the ramp up with charges to take too long and died a bunch leveling after 96. I played my free level 90 druid with stock 496 gear and I was able to pull entire rooms and barely take damage at times. Mages need work.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #116
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Second the mages, I have been leveling mine Frost and although I have the great survivability, the DPS is slow.

I've tried so many different combos to try and maximize the crits but it just doesn't help, or it only lasts for the 10 seconds frost orb is procing my fingers of frost ice lance crit.

I am hoping it will still be fun in PvP but this isn't looking good, lol. Good news is the leveling is pretty painless so getting another character to 100 wouldn't be a big chore.

The Garrison is a combination of COC and farm ville it seems, the up keep is fast and furious at the start to get you hooked, then as things level up it will go from hours to days just like Mr. Wu-Tang said. So far I have really enjoyed the missions, feels like a strat RPG inside the game.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #117
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yeah just hit 100 on my mage, thinking about jumping on a hunter, but not sure, I have one of every class at or close to 90 I think.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #118
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Anyone else levelling a Prot warrior? I can't believe how much damage I'm outputting - seems much faster than arms.
I leveled as a Prot Warrior. I agree the damage output is really good. Wait until you hit 100 and can try Gladiator Stance. It has the potential for insane damage output.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #119
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

my warlock is almost 100..about 8 bars left to go. then I will try some instances/pvp.
then I will hit up my druid and level him up...I'm doing something not particularly bright (did boomkin/resto for most of MOP got full caster gear, heroic garrosh spell staff around ilvl 520 or so) and I'm gonna decide to level up as feral. Anyways, bought a few items on AH for my druid. still mainly wearing intellect gear will see how this goes haha.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #120
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
It'll get better when everything is leveled up. Eventually you'll be able to queue up 2.5 days of work orders at a time and you'll be sending guys on 24 hour+ long missions.
The time reducers for followers stack, fyi. I have a couple of epic followers, each has the Epic Mount trait (reduce mission time by 50%). I am currently doing 10 hour missions in 2.5
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: