Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #101
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

What the hell. Hines Ward is playing a walker in the first episode?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1950654976/tt2269550

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #102
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Pretty excited for next weeks episode.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #103
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how they will end the episode next week? Governor dead? Judith/Beth dead?

I can't see Rick's group making it out with at least one death, possibly Herschel? Maybe drunk medic redeems himself, after he was the last one alive in the last 2 groups he was with?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #104
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I can definitely see drunk Medic guy dieing... in a heroic fashion that Daryl directly observes.

I think with the amount of screen time Herschel has gotten this season it is setting the stage for his exit.. I can't remember exactly when he dies in the comics but I think it is by now?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #105
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Herschel dies in the prison fight along with all the others in the books.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hessen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #106
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it is a shame they are going back to the prison. I would really have liked to see the Brian et al. stay in the wood and do well while the Rick & the gang continue to struggle. It could be interesting to see Rick's gang barely hanging on and stumble upon the Brian's Shangri La in the woods. I think that would make for some interesting character decisions.

PS: Big fan of the Lesbo couple and what they can bring to the table. Although, I wonder how living hard, it would still taste like chicken?
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #107
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the Govenor kills him in the prison raid. I think what might happen is Beth/Judith get killed like how Lorie/Judith did in the comic, and then Herschel gets himself killed because he is upset about Beth dying. In the comic Herschel is upset because he saw his son get killed and that is when the Governor kills him.

Although that would leave no old man to get eaten by the cannibal group later, since Dale is already gone.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #108
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Right I totally forgot that pregnant Lori dies in the raid.. ugh can they kill a baby though? Pretty gruesome. If they did it would have to be from a shell obliterating Beth/Judith in a haze of smoke so we don't see the details...
Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #109
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Right I totally forgot that pregnant Lori dies in the raid..
IIRC Lori already has Judith and is killed running while holding her.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #110
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If anyone watches the Talking Dead, they played a clip for next weeks episode. The Governor is giving his "they are evil speech" and at one point says "..they'll eventually notice their people missing and come looking for them...". I am thinking he's going to capture Michonne and Hershel...or someone at least.

Maybe he'll come across Carol, not knowing she's been exiled and give her the old Tyrese from the comics and kill her outside the gates.

This looks a lot closer to the comics attack. With the tank and all, this should be good.

I don't think anyone has the stomach to kill an infant on TV, implied or otherwise though. I could see Beth getting it though.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #111
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
IIRC Lori already has Judith and is killed running while holding her.
Wow you're right, amazing how much I have forgotten, NSFW comic baby shot.

NSFW!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #112
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

wp

Last edited by Stay Golden; 11-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #113
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last episode before the break is called "Too Far Gone." There is a volume of comics with the same title. For those in the know, are there any aspects in the plots of those comics that might be relevant to the mid-season finale?
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #114
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
The last episode before the break is called "Too Far Gone." There is a volume of comics with the same title. For those in the know, are there any aspects in the plots of those comics that might be relevant to the mid-season finale?
Too far gone takes place awhile after the group is flushed from the prison.

Are you looking for general plot points that may be relevant to the next episode, or were you specifically wondering about that volume only?
Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #115
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Arc summary is here:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Vo...:_Too_Far_Gone

Most likely we can assume that next episode as the mid season finale, big battle ensues, nobody really wins but the main group leaves the prison. By the end of this season they find this new settlement, Alexandria, and all the fall out from the comics ensues here. Rick kills a few people if I remember right, I didn't read the whole thing. I am guessing on the road to this settlement is where they find Abraham.

If this is the case I am ok with that, we get a bit of them on the road, survival scenarios, Abraham and a new settlement with new politics. However, I wonder where they go from there.. the same thing I have wondered about the comics for a while now. I thought this virus thing would lead us somewhere in the show, but so far all it seems like is a way to cull the population to make the Governor's attack more realistic and intimidating.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-26-2013 at 12:30 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #116
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think this is going to be the attack everyone expected last season. In the comics the Governor has the "tank" and opens up on the prison. Plenty of people are killed and the group gets scattered.

I am sure it won't be exactly like that but should be better than the season finale last season...that was pretty anti-climatic.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #117
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think why everyone is not impressed with this episode is because Lori was already dead.

In the comics the whole Carl learning he needs his dad hit home more because he just had his mom and baby sister killed. In the show they don't know where Judith is and if she is ok, so his attitude towards Rick seems more forced in my opinion.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #118
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Its been a while since I read the comics.

Doesn't he meet up with some Hispanic gang with a sweet old grandmother or something at some point.
Back in season 1 on the TV show "The Vatos" (I think they were called) kidnapped Glen, and they lived in an old folks home and took care of the patients there. Is that what you are thinking?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #119
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I am liking this Abraham story arc. I hope it goes somewhere.
I feel a little sorry for him. I really hate that they chose to translate the characters as close to the comic book versions as possible, they all look completely ridiculous. Take a cue from what they did with the governor and tone them down a little
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #120
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I agree.. they definitely could have done the characters better. Bull's hair really bugs me, it looks spray painted.