Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2023, 02:03 PM   #101
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

The Caceido and Lavia transfers look like they are going to play out as most expected, with Chelsea signing both players!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:05 PM   #102
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Levy is a manchild and glad that is all over.

Watch this be the moment Dortmund figures their crap out and stops choking away league titles.

Sad we never got the Sane, Mane, Kane front line at any point. So close
Why do you say that? If Bayern wouldn't have dithered and played games for a month this wouldn't have dragged out.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:28 PM   #103
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Manchester United have delayed making an announcement on the future of Mason Greenwood until after the start of the season.
https://global.espn.com/football/sto...future-sources

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:50 PM   #104
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing he's coming back based on these consulting the women's team before announcing their decision stories coming out.

Not a hope in hell they have done this so called extensive process without already asking for their input as part of it.

As big a PR nightmare this is going to be it would be a hell lot worse if they didn't at least have the common decency to inform the women's team in person first of their decision first as opposed to announcing it when half the team is on the other side of the globe.

If ever there was a player that would be a great fit for Saudi.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 04:54 AM   #105
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hardly surprising, but United have handled this poorly. The decision, whatever it is, should have been made a long time ago, yet they have delayed, delayed, delayed. Now the season starts and they still haven't made the call, despite saying they would. Saying they want to wait for the women's opinion is also cowardly and dumb, as, sadly expectedly, the pressure and abuse towards them has already started.

Quote:
It is a sad state of modern society that the four women behind the Female Fans Against Greenwood's Return group have had to conceal their identities.

Users were unable to reply to the group's opening statements on social media as, sensibly, they saw the pile-on coming before they had curated the posts. But their direct messages were left open and it is overflowing with vitriol.

The group have been threatened with violence if they unfurl their banner at Old Trafford ahead of the Wolves match on Monday evening. One advised they "go back to the kitchen", another messaged, "f--k off we don't need a female fan you're not worthy", another dogmatically declared "we don't want ur gender in our club". One, ironically a 'mental health advocate', suggested "you shouldn't even be anywhere near the club".
Quote:
The wait has been inordinate and the pile-on has started. One coward, their identity concealed behind an avatar and a pseudonym, tweeted Katie Zelem and Ella Toone, two of United Women's England internationals with the words, "We are watching you."

Such sinister intimidation is unconscionable, never mind on the eve of a World Cup quarter-final the pair are preparing for. United are indirectly culpable for that. Toone and Zelem have been targeted as United are consulting the women's team and other stakeholders before the decision on Greenwood is made public.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news-27507895

whenever they make their call, it's going to be a ####show. I mean, most of us can sense what the decision is going to be, and it ####ing frustrates me. But there's so many things that piss me off about today's world football, it's hardly a surprise to me.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2023, 09:50 AM   #106
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Luton are quite possibly the worst team in the Premier League since Derby back in 2007-08. They are all over the place, and Brighton should be up by about ten right now.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 09:58 AM   #107
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They might be pretty bad, but Brighton are also pretty damn good. As I said before they gotta be the best run club in the league and they play beautiful football, probably my favorite team to watch right now.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #108
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think anybody will be under any illusion here ... their promotion was a really cool story, but yeah, they'll be going back down and it won't be close. Refreshing to see such a club among the circus that is the PL and it'd be fun if they managed to stay up, but to say that's a longshot would be an understatement.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:45 AM   #109
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Diaby and Tonali already both scoring on their debuts, pretty damn good game here between Newcastle and Villa
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:48 AM   #110
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love these defense optional matches, let's go 6-4 final.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #111
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bye-bye Harry Kane.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-12-2023, 03:23 PM   #112
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Bye-bye Harry Kane.
So dumb to do a deal right before the season starts. Should've told Bayern that if they want him, pay up by July 15. Oh well, it's the right move for the club, even if it's a step down for Kane.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #113
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
So dumb to do a deal right before the season starts. Should've told Bayern that if they want him, pay up by July 15. Oh well, it's the right move for the club, even if it's a step down for Kane.
Well, I dont know about that, he's made it far more likely that he'll at least win some stuff.

Old 08-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #114
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well, I dont know about that, he's made it far more likely that he'll at least win some stuff.
Well he'll win German domestic trophies, sure. Is that really what he wants? Maybe they win the CL, maybe not. They didn't win their charity shield today.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:57 PM   #115
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

In todays final, Kane could’ve won more trophies in a single day, than his entire Spurs career. Fortunately, Bayern brought him on when down 2-0, and finished the game 3-0.

The curse continues…
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:03 PM   #116
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
In todays final, Kane could’ve won more trophies in a single day, than his entire Spurs career. Fortunately, Bayern brought him on when down 2-0, and finished the game 3-0.

The curse continues…
Sure, and thank God he didn't win the day after leaving. But it's perplexing because he also could've waited until January and had his choice of where he'd play. I know Locke loves Bayern and his long love affair with Kane is only getting better, but I can't see why he'd go to Bayern now when he could've signed a deal with United or elsewhere in six months.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:11 PM   #117
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kane’a camp was seemingly pretty vocal about wanting a move to Bayern for the last month+. It’s shame on everyone it took until yesterday to make it happen.

Kane curse continues. Wrong thread for this but Bayern just looks bad and looks like more of the same from last year
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:53 PM   #118
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If Kane was on the end of the Tel chances in the first half zero chance Bayern are down 2-0. That game showed why Bayern needed to add Kane.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2023, 08:22 PM   #119
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sure, and thank God he didn't win the day after leaving. But it's perplexing because he also could've waited until January and had his choice of where he'd play. I know Locke loves Bayern and his long love affair with Kane is only getting better, but I can't see why he'd go to Bayern now when he could've signed a deal with United or elsewhere in six months.
As his last contract suggested, while an exceptional footballer, not a bright human.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2023, 09:15 AM   #120
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty good start for the new-era Spurs. A completely different system, and suddenly were pressing machines. I have to say, that maybe Kane wasn't going to be a great fit in that sense. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes against some of the hugger clubs though, and I have no doubt we're going to see some bad giveaways and goals against.

Overall though, much more exciting than the previous three managers and sitting back!