Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #1101
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess this weekend I will be farming to try and get my staff stuff if anyone wants to join along.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #1102
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
maybe 1 zero, not worth much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I sell anything under 500dps for 5k assuming it is a decent weapon for its level.

Over half of them don't sell in 2 days and go to vendor.
Still it almost doubled my dps, just starting Act III and it's like easy mode now. Totally worth the 3500!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1103
TheGrimm
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Honestly, Diablo 3 is a great game, but I think the AH ruined it for me... Figuring out that I can just go into it and upgrade items for cheap makes the whole experience feel cheap... I guess to me, the "accomplishments" of it all seem directly related to how well you can monitor the AH moreso than how well you play.

I beat Hell and am now in Act I Inferno, and I think I am just about done with it.. Too bad, it ruined the addictiveness factor for me.. I guess on second thought that is a good thing.
TheGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #1104
photon

Exp:

You could just stay away from the AH
Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #1105
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJuice View Post
Inferno Whimyshire.
One last question, with my current dps 32k, 30k health and 320 all res, is inferno whimshyre going to be farmable for me?

Before I plop down the 1.7 million to get inferno pony staff.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #1106
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well now i know why they're nerfing inferno, the jump from act 1 to act 2 is completely insane. i'm running a monk now with 15k dps, 42k health, 600+ resist to all, and 70% damage reduction from armor. i can run through act 1 without a problem, very few elite pack combinations give me trouble and i can kill the butcher in about 90 seconds. going into act 2 though i'm getting absolutely rocked by any elite group i run into and even the white mobs hit like a truck. i've tried different builds, switching from dual wield to a shield, nothing works. and the worst part is any gear that i look for on the AH that would be an upgrade is getting into the millions of gold category. guess i'll make a wizard or something and wait until the patch comes out before going back to the monk
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #1107
photon

Exp:

Man I didn't know how much of a difference resistances make, I switched my monk so that it has resistances the same as my highest, and now I can actually not get killed in 1/2 second to lava/poison/whatever.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #1108
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
One last question, with my current dps 32k, 30k health and 320 all res, is inferno whimshyre going to be farmable for me?

Before I plop down the 1.7 million to get inferno pony staff.
What class are you again?
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #1109
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Wd
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #1110
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hrm..to be honest, I'm not too sure, you have the nice advantage of not being melee haha. Though the best way to check before spending the 1.7 mill on the staff is to just ask someone to open up the Inferno Pony's in your game, and then have them leave the game. You normally have to pay around 10k, but its worth it just to see if you can tackle it or not.

Make sure that the other guy doesnt linger around though, obviously, as it'll make the creeps way harder.

Best thing about Inferno whimyshire is, at least for ranged, is that its only 3 base mob types, and they all are melee based, no weird ranged attacks like those horrible Act 3 spear throwers or those mobs in Act 4 who charge from off screen. I find it one of the easiest to farm, but then again, I play a DH, so things are naturally easy mode.

And alot of nice tight lanes to kite around in, only thing is that alot of times, you get get screwed and have an elite mob pack right by the entrance, allowing you no room to kite. In those cases, most of the time your screwed, as you can rarely just go toe to toe with them.
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1111
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yeah I think that sounds ideal for me, I have had great success in Act 2 with not lasher and non impossible blue groups
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1112
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can get inferno staff without having finished Act 4 on inferno?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #1113
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I finally killed Diablo in inferno. Put in probably 3 hours of attempts altogether. Frustrating fight when every mistake is a guaranteed death.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #1114
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJuice View Post
Hrm..to be honest, I'm not too sure, you have the nice advantage of not being melee haha. Though the best way to check before spending the 1.7 mill on the staff is to just ask someone to open up the Inferno Pony's in your game, and then have them leave the game. You normally have to pay around 10k, but its worth it just to see if you can tackle it or not.

Make sure that the other guy doesnt linger around though, obviously, as it'll make the creeps way harder.

Best thing about Inferno whimyshire is, at least for ranged, is that its only 3 base mob types, and they all are melee based, no weird ranged attacks like those horrible Act 3 spear throwers or those mobs in Act 4 who charge from off screen. I find it one of the easiest to farm, but then again, I play a DH, so things are naturally easy mode.

And alot of nice tight lanes to kite around in, only thing is that alot of times, you get get screwed and have an elite mob pack right by the entrance, allowing you no room to kite. In those cases, most of the time your screwed, as you can rarely just go toe to toe with them.
Hmm unless my "friend" is lying, I can't join his party in last act of inferno to get the upgrade for the inferno whimsyshire staff?

I know you can't with public groups anymore, but party with friends should work no?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #1115
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Hmm unless my "friend" is lying, I can't join his party in last act of inferno to get the upgrade for the inferno whimsyshire staff?

I know you can't with public groups anymore, but party with friends should work no?
It still worked for me this week. I made the staff and have been farming Whimsyshire as a WD for a few days now. Health means nothing because everything in there is a 1 shot if it hits you, most champ packs will wipe the floor with you. I bought a new set of gear with all magic find that puts me at 30k dps and 12k health and can still kill regular mobs with ease.

What we have been doing is any champ pack we see that is not a pony pack we kite to a dead end and die just to move them out of the way, ponies can be beat with the pony trap which is marked on the minimap with a cat, its a tree on a corner that ponies get stuck on running through and can be cheesed.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #1116
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
I finally killed Diablo in inferno. Put in probably 3 hours of attempts altogether. Frustrating fight when every mistake is a guaranteed death.
But isn't it even that much more satisfying when you get it done?
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #1117
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
But isn't it even that much more satisfying when you get it done?
Yes and no. It felt good to get it done, but there's some bugs in the fight that made it extremely frustrating. It's also a very twitchy fight as a demon hunter, and I'm not really a twitch gamer.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #1118
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

I might be the only one who doesn't know this but apperntly life steal doesnt do much in infernal

Steal efficiency:
•Normal: 100%
•Nightmare: 80%
•Hell: 60%
•Inferno: 20%

life per hit is a better bargin or so someone said.... has anyone seen this and does anyone know if this is just weapons or affects passive skills as well?
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #1119
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Also, my sorce, two of Diablo 3's designers answer questions, lots of good information here (including the life steal stats above):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...mbers_and_jay/
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #1120
photon

Exp:

In there was the suggestion about + Health Globe stat also applying to potions, I'm only on Hell and already I mostly ignore potions, this change would be very good.