Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2022, 09:59 AM   #1081
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherapyforGlencross View Post
I have a few friends who work as nurses in Ontario. The crazy thing is, they’re not adjusting 1% increase in wages, but hospitals are now offering crazy amounts of overtime to current employed nurses. If you want overtime, you’ll get it. An interesting way to spend money indeed..
It depends on if the problem is a shortage of nurses or a shortage of nurses will to work the current wage.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #1082
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It depends on if the problem is a shortage of nurses or a shortage of nurses will to work the current wage.
From the people I know there really isn’t a number worth making to deal with the sheer amount of hours (and high intensity hours at that) they are working. And being asked/voluntold to take on additionally. It’s not sustainable especially for people with young kids, who are all the age range you need.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:27 AM   #1083
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1555914412908847112
Old 08-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #1084
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Why is he even in Costa Rica?

Let me guess....Vacation.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:23 PM   #1085
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Great point. Plus, I assume there’s a lot of abuse from patients towards nurses, especially in the current political climate, so that will extends to other factors at their current wage. Madness out there.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:40 PM   #1086
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Is that a private plane? If so, unless something has recently changed to my knowledge private flights haven’t been required to follow any of the guidelines. Not saying that the different rules are right or fair but this is pretty lazy journalism on Bryan Lilley’s part.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:45 PM   #1087
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Is that a private plane? If so, unless something has recently changed to my knowledge private flights haven’t been required to follow any of the guidelines. Not saying that the different rules are right or fair but this is pretty lazy journalism on Bryan Lilley’s part.

Really? I think you're being pretty generous tossing out the term 'Journalism' when referencing Bryan Lilley.

Lilley is basically just a mouthpiece/hatchet man whose entire premise is that every breath Trudeau takes is an injustice to the decency of mankind.

Again. I loathe Trudeau pretty much start to finish and the man is a genuine clown. He literally dresses up in funny clothes to make people laugh, the only thing he's missing is the big floppy shoes.

But Trudeau does enough on his own to make himself look like an idiot, you dont have to dig for it as hard as Lilley is trying to. It just smacks of desperation and the transparency of someone who gets paid by the column inch.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2022, 03:03 PM   #1088
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

Really? I think you're being pretty generous tossing out the term 'Journalism' when referencing Bryan Lilley.
What can I say? I live to give
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #1089
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most of us agree that Trudeau is a clown and totally unfit for his position. But isn’t Lilley a hard core, old school Liberal? He’s had it in for Trudeau for a while now; did Trudeau do him dirty or something or are the Liberals eating their own kind now?
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:37 PM   #1090
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Most of us agree that Trudeau is a clown and totally unfit for his position. But isn’t Lilley a hard core, old school Liberal? He’s had it in for Trudeau for a while now; did Trudeau do him dirty or something or are the Liberals eating their own kind now?
Lilley worked for Sun News Network and founded Rebel News.

Libertarian maybe. But he’s been Conservative for as long as I’ve been aware of him.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:33 PM   #1091
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took Lilleys tweet as once again Trudeau does what he wants. Mask up sometimes, other times tarps off.

We are apparently in a climate emergency but Trudeau can log thousands of air miles to glad hand and photo op (no questions allowed)

Seems like with our leader it is rules for us and then he does whatever.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:17 PM   #1092
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
I took Lilleys tweet as once again Trudeau does what he wants. Mask up sometimes, other times tarps off.

We are apparently in a climate emergency but Trudeau can log thousands of air miles to glad hand and photo op (no questions allowed)

Its never been any other way with Trudeau.

As much as waxes poetic about 'Canadians' he's barely Canadian himself. That guy has lived a thoroughly insulated life and views this country through a ridiculously polarized lens.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2022, 09:46 PM   #1093
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
why is he even in costa rica?

Let me guess....vacation.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1554925386336813057
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:34 PM   #1094
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Well the tweet was obviously that, there's no other way to take it.

But has Trudeau actually mandated that passengers on private jets disembarking on outdoor tarmacs must wear masks?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 06:19 AM   #1095
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Well the tweet was obviously that, there's no other way to take it.

But has Trudeau actually mandated that passengers on private jets disembarking on outdoor tarmacs must wear masks?
This is a big nothing burger but IMO it's all about setting an example. If I was getting off a private plane like that I probably wouldn't wear a mask either. However I'm not the prime minister of Canada. If I was I would wear masks as much as possible just because of the optics and the fact that for me to preach the wearing of masks should bring with it some conviction that it's the right thing to do. I know I'm not the only person that would take the PM job with a higher sense of responsibility and accountability but I also know most of us come from a different place than Justin who's really never lived life in the shoes of a common Canadian. As Locke said the guy has never really been subjected to living life as a Canadian as he's lived a life of royalty. Not to let him off the hook though as he's smart enough to know better but I sense that he really does think he's special and it's not something that's ever going to change.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #1096
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

He’s the perfect embodiment of the political left, who answers every challenge of “well why aren’t you doing it then?” with “its not about what I do, its about the world I want”

Him, Suzuki, Dicaprio, etc. All self serving elitists.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #1097
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's not a private plane, it's an RCAF Challenger.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #1098
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
Calgary accepts clamshells for over a year now. They found a new company that accepts them.
Would be nice if Saskatchewan could figure that out as well as they are so common.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #1099
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
This is a big nothing burger but IMO it's all about setting an example. If I was getting off a private plane like that I probably wouldn't wear a mask either. However I'm not the prime minister of Canada...
I'm with you here, I'm certainly not suggesting Trudeau doesn't have many examples of living double standards.

But it feels like these articles are just reaching for anything now and it takes nothing to rile up the anti Trudeau crowd.
Almost makes me feel maybe Trudeau isn't that bad if people need to reach this hard to get him.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 09:19 AM   #1100
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I'm with you here, I'm certainly not suggesting Trudeau doesn't have many examples of living double standards.

But it feels like these articles are just reaching for anything now and it takes nothing to rile up the anti Trudeau crowd.
Almost makes me feel maybe Trudeau isn't that bad if people need to reach this hard to get him.
I agree with this. Trudeau is the Prime Minister, he will have get double standards, its a fact of life. Regarding Covid and masking, I don't think he had too many double standards, he isolated when his wife was sick, got vaccinated, wore a mask, and this time he was on a military plane.

The problem with him is, he seems to go out of his way to mess up - so hit him hard when he actually messes up. By hitting him on nothing burgers, all you do is diminish the actual issues he does mess up on because Canadians think his opponents will yell at nothing.

For example, his declaring a reconciliation holiday, and as Prime Minister going on a surfing holiday on said holiday was stupid, offensiveness and deserved coverage.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote