Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #1061
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Let me know what you guys decide on for a guild. I haven't played since release but I'll make a new character and join up. I find it's easier to get back into a game if I start over.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #1062
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I am still up for forming a guild.

I don't really plan to do much other than the class stories, but it's always nice to have people I can ask questions of.

Speaking of which.... Is the Galactic Trade Network as terrible as it seems? I'm trying to find some gear for my companion (T7-01) but I am having a really hard time getting the search to show anything. I find it doubtful that there are no blaster pistols that he can use anywhere...

My info

Server: Bastion
Char Name: Fergia, Jedi Sentinel
Republic
Guild Interest: Yes

I also have a character named Caneh (trooper), but he was a little boring.

I think I'll be playing an imperial agent next.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #1063
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Did you search for a pistol or for droid parts? I think he uses droid parts. I don't think he uses the same kind of equipment as normal companions.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #1064
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You can also build gear for him if you choose cybertech as one of your skills.

Personally in terms of skills, since I can't be bothered to build anything, I usually pick all skills that involve picking up lock boxes cash boxes and companion gifts and make a small fortune that way.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #1065
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Did you search for a pistol or for droid parts? I think he uses droid parts. I don't think he uses the same kind of equipment as normal companions.
I was searching for a pistol. His arm or is droidy for sure. I'll check again when I log on.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #1066
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, he can't hold pistols. BTW without giving anything away, its really improtant that you keep him up to date on weapons and armor.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #1067
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, he can't hold pistols. BTW without giving anything away, its really improtant that you keep him up to date on weapons and armor.
Haha I'm trying! He's basically my tank right now.

As for skills I took archaeology, treasure hunting and artificing. Seemed the most logical for a Jedi.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #1068
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That makes sense. and it is logical. Once you start building gear and you get to more maximum levels you can make money very quickly on the galactic trade network.

Level 66 purple hilts will go for 50 to 60 k on the network. the 78's can fetch like a half million right now, and people buy them.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #1069
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
That makes sense. and it is logical. Once you start building gear and you get to more maximum levels you can make money very quickly on the galactic trade network.

Level 66 purple hilts will go for 50 to 60 k on the network. the 78's can fetch like a half million right now, and people buy them.
Good to know. I bought a speeder last night and I am not completely broke.

Didn't even have money to send my servants out on missions. Hopefully some of the green crap I posted to the GTN has sold.

So far I've just been using the price that the GTN picks for my items. Is that reasonable? Is it low?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #1070
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Good to know. I bought a speeder last night and I am not completely broke.

Didn't even have money to send my servants out on missions. Hopefully some of the green crap I posted to the GTN has sold.

So far I've just been using the price that the GTN picks for my items. Is that reasonable? Is it low?
It's probably a bit low, but Greens are tough to sell anyways so I use the same method. I think the default price that comes up is just some formula of Vendor price * x%.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #1071
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its low. I usually like to try to look up the same thing that I'm buying to see what the price is and then go a few bucks cheaper.

Think of the GTN as a stock exchange.

The quickest way to get money if you have cartel coins is to buy the packs. If you have enough to buy the 24 packs you can turn around and put the unopen packages right on the GTN they usually sell for between $200,000 to $250,000. Usually there isn't much on the cartel market that I buy so its an easy way to turn cartel coins into in game currency.

With one character I bought a 24 pack put them all up on the market individually at $20,000 per pack below everyone else and they all sold within 24 hours. So I suddenly had nearly $6 million in my main toon. So now when I start a new character I shoot a million bucks over to him and its a nice starting boost.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #1072
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Its low. I usually like to try to look up the same thing that I'm buying to see what the price is and then go a few bucks cheaper.

Think of the GTN as a stock exchange.

The quickest way to get money if you have cartel coins is to buy the packs. If you have enough to buy the 24 packs you can turn around and put the unopen packages right on the GTN they usually sell for between $200,000 to $250,000. Usually there isn't much on the cartel market that I buy so its an easy way to turn cartel coins into in game currency.

With one character I bought a 24 pack put them all up on the market individually at $20,000 per pack below everyone else and they all sold within 24 hours. So I suddenly had nearly $6 million in my main toon. So now when I start a new character I shoot a million bucks over to him and its a nice starting boost.
Are you talking about hypercrates? Or some other pack?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #1073
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As another tip, I rarely buy armor or mods on the Galactic Trade Network because you literally end up throwing stuff away. The best thing to do is to really do as many quests as you can and get the planetary commendations as a reward instead of selecting green armor items as a reward.

Since Red some rare blues and purples are all modifiable, I then use planetary commendations to buy mods once I have my player outfitted in shells I like.

Usually because I do as many quests per planet including +2's I'm usually fully armored in Reds by the time I reach a planet like Tatooine and after that I'm just buying mods, and usually because I get over leveled, I'm buying the mods from the next planet up. So for example if my next planet is Voss and I have 80 or 90 planetary commendations I stop at the fleet and buy Corellia mods or even in one character Makeb Mods.

If I'm short on commendations, I'll do a quick run through of the heroic 2 and 4 daily on previous planets that I'm now really overpowered solo and collect the commendations.

In terms of armor, never buy or put on Whites, you might as well be wearing a linen jacket. Greens aren't great, you'll usually get your butt handed to you by champions if your at the same level.

Blue's are decent but they're frankly disposable. Reds are modifiable there are two different types. One is open which means that it doesn't matter if you wear light medium or heavy armor and doesn't care about the levels. The other is specific to type and level. You just keep modding it up. The purple modifiable armor is pretty awesome usually there is a bonus to it as well.

In terms of mods. There's greens blues and purples. If you can load up a piece of armor with purple mods you can basically dance in front of an enemy while he stabs you and take very little damage. Purples are also the coolest looking pieces for the most part.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #1074
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Are you talking about hypercrates? Or some other pack?
Yup hypercrates
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #1075
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I will create a character after work. I'm guessing republic should be my route since most people are rolling that and the guild will most likely be on that side.

Any suggestions and what I should roll? Im not partial to ranged or melee both are ok to me and I'm best suited as a tank or dps role.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #1076
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If you want the most fun story line, go with smuggler and pick the dirty fighting scoundral as your advanced character. A he's pretty tough DPS, cloaked and his biggest damage chain move is a kick to the junk, followed by a butt strike to the head. The story is fantastic and he has great lines.

For sheer scope of story you can do the Jedi Knight Sentinel. This is the story that pretty much lies over top of all the other republic stories.

I did a trooper vanguard, story wasn't that great, but he was a pretty powerful DPS character.

I didn't mind the Consular story, but he's definably a DPS

If I was going to reroll a republic character and I still need to do my Jedi Knight story, it would be the smuggler.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #1077
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be interested in joining a guild if you guys make one. I'm on bastion and have a bunch of characters on each side. Although my empire guys are all guildless or in a guild I'd drop in an instant.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #1078
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

If we go Republic side, I've got the tank thing covered. I am enjoying my Sorceress though. It's y'all's call.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #1079
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am on The Bastion

Zeltoss Level 33 Jedi Sentinel. Just started playing again.

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #1080
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMan12 View Post
I am on The Bastion

Zeltoss Level 33 Jedi Sentinel. Just started playing again.
Excellent someone to tell me how to play my sentinel!