Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #10421
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
How about R. Nash? I have always been intrigued with him - huge dominating frame that can score and take over games. He's coming off another mediocre season with 34 points. Place him on the wing with Johnny and Money. The dude is always injured but give him a one or two year barrel of money and see what he can do.
Rick Nash hasn’t been able to take over a game since 14/15
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #10422
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Friedman on 960 this morning thinks Anaheim will look at trading Perry this summer. Said Calgary would probably be a good fit, and Anaheim would probably be willing to retain salary.

I don't know. That's an ugly contract for a player who appears to be on a steady decline. I suppose if we're not giving up much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #10423
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Friedman on 960 this morning thinks Anaheim will look at trading Perry this summer. Said Calgary would probably be a good fit, and Anaheim would probably be willing to retain salary.

I don't know. That's an ugly contract for a player who appears to be on a steady decline. I suppose if we're not giving up much.
I am not sure how I feel about this, sounds like a post apex type player
Old 04-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #10424
Flames_F.T.W
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Retained salary would be a must, but I think Anaheim needs to shake things up. I'm not sure how likely they would be to trade within the division, but who knows
Old 04-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #10425
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

That's very interesting. I would look into doing that if we aren't giving up much and Anaheim is willing to keep 50% of the salary.

Perry would be a good player if you aren't expecting too much. 40-50 point pest for 3 more years.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #10426
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Man alive. Tkachuk on the left, Perry on the right. That would be a line.

Still, if the Ducks do move him I can't see it being to another Pacific team. He'll probably be a Leaf.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #10427
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 04-20-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I have no idea what I’m doing.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #10428
robertsfanatic
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Kasperi Kapanen.
Alex Galchenyuk
Elias Lindholm
Valeri Nichuskin

These are the kind of guys the Flames should be going after.
Kapanen is the guy i was thinking of as well, probably could be had for less than one of the top 4 D.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #10429
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Tkachuk on the left, Perry on the right.
...here I am, stuck in the middle with Foo!

Too bad Foo isn't a C.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:48 AM   #10430
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

^ Slow clap, into a standing ovation
Old 04-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #10431
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Checks the box in terms of bringing in a guy who hates to lose.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #10432
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perry will likely end up out east if traded. I can’t see the Ducks moving him here unless we want to overpay which we absolutely shouldn’t be.

I would st most give up Ferland and want the Ducks to eat $3M per
Old 04-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #10433
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perry at $8.6 million for 3 more years is quite ugly, and he appears to be slowing down.

25% retained though would put him in the same neighborhood as somewhere between Monahan and Gio/Gaudreau, and should be good for production expected around that compensation range - probably 60-70 points over the course of a full season.

Would ideally fit in on that line with Gaudreau and Monahan, but would also look really good with Tkachuk and Backlund - unlike Frolik he can actually be counted on for offense, in a very 'down' year he was still on pace for 55ish points over 82 games.

I wonder what the ask back would be though, probably too high from the Flames.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #10434
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

If only Bennett could still play centre lol.

Tkachuk-Bennett-Perry would be an absolute nightmare for other teams.

I'd take his contract even if they only retained 2.5 million. that puts him at around 6 million for three more years, Palatable I think, especially if his role is a bit reduced here. He could thrive under new circumstances, the talent is certainly still there- does anyone remember that savage spinorama goal he scored this year?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #10435
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like a lot of us had the exact same thought on that one lol.

I wonder what it would take for them to bite. I would give up one of our good d prospects (Fox or Kylington) and a forward like ferland.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #10436
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Perry at $8.6 million for 3 more years is quite ugly, and he appears to be slowing down.

25% retained though would put him in the same neighborhood as somewhere between Monahan and Gio/Gaudreau, and should be good for production expected around that compensation range - probably 60-70 points over the course of a full season.

Would ideally fit in on that line with Gaudreau and Monahan, but would also look really good with Tkachuk and Backlund - unlike Frolik he can actually be counted on for offense, in a very 'down' year he was still on pace for 55ish points over 82 games.

I wonder what the ask back would be though, probably too high from the Flames.
60-70 points? That is extremely wishful IMO.

53 and 49 points in his last two seasons (and he isn't playing with crappy players). We are talking about his 33, 34 and 35 year old seasons. I think 40 points is realistic.

$6M is way too much for that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #10437
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That draft year amazes me. And so many ways to look at it over the years. All roughly the same age, but...

Phaneuf - old
Perry - old
Seabrook - old
Mike Richards - old
Loui Erikson - old
Fleury - still good
Weber - still good
Ramholt - what the
Pavelski - still good
Getzlaf - still good
Suter - solid
Burns - somehow better now than 5 years ago
Staal - one of his best years
Brown - bounce back
Bergeron - elite level still
Old 04-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #10438
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not looking to pick a fight, but Friedman's thoughts were far more speculative then that. The morning team asked him what would happen in Anahiem this off season, and he said maybe they'd look to move on from Perry. But that seemed more to me as just a thought had, versus anything he had an inside line on.

Then when it came to Calgary, the morning team pushed to say could Calgary be a fit for Perry and all of them including Friedman just offered up an opinion that he could probably be the type of player Calgary needed.

That was the extent of this speculation though, no indication that Anahiem or Calgary had even started kicking tires on this, just some dudes throwing #### out there and speculating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #10439
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

So we're going to trade away Ferland and Hamilton but keeping Brodie and Bennett? So out is 38 goals and 85 points, along with two players who managed to stay on the plus side of the differential column (+6 combined), but we sit on two guys who managed to contribute 15 goals and 58 points, while being a spectacular -34 combined. That is insane and counter to winning. Any GM that did that should be taken out behind the Saddledome and shot at sunrise. That is going full Oiler. And people wonder why this team hasn't won #### in 30 years?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #10440
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
So we're going to trade away Ferland and Hamilton but keeping Brodie and Bennett? So out is 38 goals and 85 points, along with two players who managed to stay on the plus side of the differential column (+6 combined), but we sit on two guys who managed to contribute 15 goals and 58 points, while being a spectacular -34 combined. That is insane and counter to winning. Any GM that did that should be taken out behind the Saddledome and shot at sunrise. That is going full Oiler. And people wonder why this team hasn't won #### in 30 years?
We trade the guys that have value and the guys that were propped up playing with our top players.

If we keep Hamilton and Brodie this year I hope they give Brodie and Gio another try so people can remember why Hamilton struggled to averse 20min a game before he was put on the top pair or why he doesn’t kill penalties.

Ferland rode a hot start and sat back for 35 games.

I eat they were drafted in extremely different spots but Ferland didn’t even break through to the Flames roster until shortly before he was 23. Bennett turns 22 in a couple months. Bennett has team control and Ferland is a pending UFA.

I get the Hamilton c Brodie debate but the reason you move Hamilton is because this team needs a Nylander/Marner not a Pacioretty/Hoffman
Closed Thread