Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #1021
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know, after some time with the demo, core gameplay is actually quite good, has some good variation and should offer some solid replay value. Still a little concerned about modes. I've just read on the EA forums that someone is live streaming an early copy, and the GM mode was really bare bones, maybe less features than last gen. That's usually where I'd spend most of my time with the game.

Hoping someone here who gets EA early access can shed some light on it.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 09-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #1022
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really wish they still made NHL for PC. Fifa doesn't cut the cake alone.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #1023
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

just finished first hour of ea access before starting my day.

i just played 2 offline games and then an online game (against the ea nhl forum mod luger33, happy to beat him 3-1 ).

game feels good, it's playing better than the demo in my opinion. passing definitely not as powerful, and poke checks definitely seem to carry more weight.

gaudreau is on the flames starting roster.

haven't dove into be a gm yet. i hate starting a be a gm this early. i used to just jump into season mode and start playing thru the season....

i'm reluctant to start HUT until i'm out of the early access and onto the live game.

- there really is no 3 stars at the end of the games. forget the 3 stars coming on to the ice, they don't even have the option in the end game menu to see who the 3 stars are....

let me know what exactly u want to know, i'll be playing late tonight and can check things as long as it doesn't eat away too much of my pre-sep9 6 hours
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 AM   #1024
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Are there many retro, third or potentially unlockable jerseys?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #1025
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

sounds like be a pro ability to start in the CHL is no longer available. Doesn't sound like you can sim to next shift or be sent to the minors either....

gameplay online/offline is definitely much better. However, the amount of things they have taken out is substantial.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #1026
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there still create a player? What about create a team and fantasy draft?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #1027
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

don't believe create team/player, or even edit player functions exist.

haven't done a deep dive into be a gm yet, hopefully tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #1028
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

The create player should be in the main menu, not in be a gm. Would be much appreciated if you could check later.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #1029
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Reading on another forum, create a player is in the game. Not sure about create a team. Also, the edit player function has been removed.
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kolbe31 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #1030
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

my bad, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #1031
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reading that Be A Pro is basically a useless mode in the game.

Quote:
Not only can you not create a player and give them whatever attributes you want. You start with a low level player and you don't get any playing time on your new team and from what I can see you don't get sent down to minors or have the ability to play juniors making it impossible to get any where near where you have to be to be competitive. There is also literally nothing to do in it
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #1032
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The EA Forums give a pretty detailed report of what is going on and what is/isn't in the game.

Sounds like the "cancel pre-order" alarms are ringing pretty hard unfortunately.

For those that like BAP:
- No CHL/AHL
- No Draft
- No Sim to Next Shift
- Sounds like the actual "create" portion of the player might be randomised (as far as look goes)
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chill Cosby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #1033
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

For those with early access, would you mind posting the Flames lines and player ratings?
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #1034
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah from what I've seen the PS4/XB1 versions are garbage. The only people who may be happy are the people like me and a couple buddies. All we do is create players and play as them in be a GM mode, so from the sounds of it we will be ok to do that.

Everyone is calling it HUT 15 now apparently. Pretty tough to defend EA now I would think.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #1035
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sounds like a disaster for Be A Pro.

How do you not have Sim to Next Shift...they better have a day one patch fixing this stuff.

I can understand having to leave some game modes out for performance issues (EASHL) but to completely ruin the other game modes is inexplicable.

Fifa was ready for next-gen from day 1, Madden took an extra year but got it right this year, but with two years of development the NHL guys are still releasing a very flawed product from a features aspect (gameplay seems solid from the demo).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #1036
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Yeah from what I've seen the PS4/XB1 versions are garbage. The only people who may be happy are the people like me and a couple buddies. All we do is create players and play as them in be a GM mode, so from the sounds of it we will be ok to do that.

Everyone is calling it HUT 15 now apparently. Pretty tough to defend EA now I would think.
i wouldn't call it "garbage", simply because the gameplay itself is really good, especially when you take it to online (at least right now with no exploits out there).

As a non-eashl, non-bap NHL player, my real judgement will be the following equation.... is the improvement in gameplay enough to salvage the lack of feature/functionality in areas like be a gm..

i don't understand how something small, but meaningful to me at least, like the naming of 3 stars at the end of the game has been removed.

I'm definitely going to miss offline season mode.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #1037
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
i wouldn't call it "garbage", simply because the gameplay itself is really good, especially when you take it to online (at least right now with no exploits out there).

As a non-eashl, non-bap NHL player, my real judgement will be the following equation.... is the improvement in gameplay enough to salvage the lack of feature/functionality in areas like be a gm..

i don't understand how something small, but meaningful to me at least, like the naming of 3 stars at the end of the game has been removed.

I'm definitely going to miss offline season mode.
Yeah I didn't mean the gameplay was garbage, since I liked the demo. I just meant the amount of 'features' you get is not so good.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #1038
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez sounds like I should just stick with the 360 version to start off with and forgo buying a xbox one + nhl 15 until boxing day.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #1039
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the sounds of this, I actually don't think I'm going to get this game. I enjoyed the demo too so I'm pretty bummed. The lack of game modes didn't bother me, but the extremely stripped down versions of the game modes I did like might be a dealbreaker.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #1040
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like it shouldn't be a $70 game. Honestly if GM mode is stripped down there will be nothing to do in the game.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
chel , ea nhl , ea sports , next gen , nhl