Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #1021
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
What's App?
http://www.whatsapp.com
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #1022
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Apple approves the wireless sync app. That is something that should be on the iPhone anyways.

http://mashable.com/2010/04/27/itunes-wifi-sync/
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #1023
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordestiny View Post
Caling a 5K a marathon downgrades the marathons I've run so, yeah, it's important to me.
I suppose now you know how Yeah Baby feels when people call it an Iphone.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #1024
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

So, my dad gave my daughter an iPod Touch for her birthday yesterday. My daughter just turned three. What are the must have apps for three year olds? Especially free ones?
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #1025
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
So, my dad gave my daughter an iPod Touch for her birthday yesterday. My daughter just turned three. What are the must have apps for three year olds? Especially free ones?
Bubbles, Scribble Lite and Block-off are popular with my daughter (she just turned four last month).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #1026
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I also have some youtube videos saved for her in favorites (princess videos, muppets, etc.)...she can open the app, go to favorites and pick a video to watch. It's pretty cute lol.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #1027
Poison
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone happen to know when the app will be out to watch all World cup games live?
I think cbc announced they will be doing this, along with espn, but keep searching to no avail.
Im guessing itll be out closer to the start???
Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #1028
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My 4 year old Daugther like DoodleBuddy, FirstWords, Smack it, and Tap Tap Ants. She has actually made some pretty cool "drawings" with DoodleBuddy. Smack It is a whack-a-mole type thing, and Tap Tap Ants is also similar to that.

My 2 year old Son likes BubblePop, FirstWords, Bouncy Ball and iGlowStick.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #1029
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol my kid would be mortified by Tap Tap Ants! He LOVES bugs and calls them his sons, and gets upset when someone else kills one.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #1030
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I also have some youtube videos saved for her in favorites (princess videos, muppets, etc.)...she can open the app, go to favorites and pick a video to watch. It's pretty cute lol.
I did this for my daughter on my iPhone. Every once in a while, I'd have to go reprogram the favorites, I think she deleted them.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #1031
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Timely question. My 4 year old savage got all the way through the one app that could hold his attention. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Thats my one contribution.
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #1032
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

your dad got your 4 year old a iPod touch as a gift? Is the man insane? I wish I had awesome presents like that when I was 4!

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #1033
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
your dad got your 4 year old a iPod touch as a gift? Is the man insane? I wish I had awesome presents like that when I was 4!
3 year old.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #1034
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Why does a 3/4 year old get an iPod touch? Man, that's just weird to me. I used to listen to bananarama and run around the house when I was 4.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #1035
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Why does a 3/4 year old get an iPod touch? Man, that's just weird to me. I used to listen to bananarama and run around the house when I was 4.
Lol, did we grow up in the same house? Are you my brother?

I don't even understand why 10 year olds have cell phones.

I have a feeling in 10 years i'm going to be saying "When I was your age" a lot
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #1036
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
My kid rarely uses his iPod touch in the house, and if he does usually only for the games.

However when we travel, the thing is a godsend. I put all his favorite music on it so when we're in the car, on the plane, at the restaurant, whatever he can listen to his music. I rip a bunch of episodes of some show he likes but has never seen and put those on it, plus some of his favorite movies. And the games.

Getting through a flight or a long drive or that odd time at the restaurant where the adults are staying longer and talking is a lot easier with the iPod touch.

Works even better when you don't normally let them watch much TV or play much video games.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #1037
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
My kid rarely uses his iPod touch in the house, and if he does usually only for the games.

However when we travel, the thing is a godsend. I put all his favorite music on it so when we're in the car, on the plane, at the restaurant, whatever he can listen to his music. I rip a bunch of episodes of some show he likes but has never seen and put those on it, plus some of his favorite movies. And the games.

Getting through a flight or a long drive or that odd time at the restaurant where the adults are staying longer and talking is a lot easier with the iPod touch.

Works even better when you don't normally let them watch much TV or play much video games.

This I can understand - used as a babysitting tool - I am all for that and have used mine for when watching some friends kids to do the same thing.

What I cant understand is giving a THREE year old a $160 electronic toy that in all likely hood, with the kid being 3, will be trashed or flushed down the toilet or something within a week.

I think i'm more jealous then anything, i wish I had awesome stuff like this as a kid.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #1038
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Same for us. My mom bought my sons a wii (then aged 4 and 2). They played it a bit and we packed it up. They'll be glued to video games soon enough. For now its the ipod/iphone for times when it's not realistic to expect them to sit still that long and it beats buying them cookies.
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #1039
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
What I cant understand is giving a THREE year old a $160 electronic toy that in all likely hood, with the kid being 3, will be trashed or flushed down the toilet or something within a week.
Heh that's true, my son's is actually my old one after I got my iPhone, and he's 5 so he knows not to throw it around.

For younger kids something like this would be great:

http://ifrogz.com/tadpole/
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #1040
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Heh that's true, my son's is actually my old one after I got my iPhone, and he's 5 so he knows not to throw it around.

For younger kids something like this would be great:

http://ifrogz.com/tadpole/
Holy hell those are awesome. I dont have kids but even I want one.