Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #981
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just started playing this (free to play) on the weekend, and really like it so far. I was a massive KotoR fan, and this really feels like an extension/improvement on that game. Haven't really got into any of the MMO aspects of the game yet other than doing 1 flashpoint. Only have a level 12 Imperial Agent at the moment (trying to decide whether to go sniper or operative), and barely started a Sith Inquisitor that I'll probably make an Assassin.

We'll see how it goes if I keep enjoying it in a week or so and feel I'm missing out on things & should subscribe.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #982
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also started the free to play. I could see myself getting sucked into this pretty easily. I am enjoying the game a lot right now...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #983
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

What server are you on Captain? You in a guild?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #984
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm not in a guild right now, as far as servers I'm in Bastian PVP
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #985
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reading this thread again convinced me to give it another go. I'm interested in trying the Galactic Starfighter.

I decided to start a new character, a Republic Trooper Vanguard, as I always find it easier to get back into a game by starting from level 1.

I have a few other characters, all on the Bastion server:
-55 Mercernary
-50 Juggernaut
-34 Operative
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #986
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You should really finish the Operative story, the last two chapters are the best in the game.

I found the Vanguard was fun to play but the story line was pretty dull.

But a fully equipt and properly leveled Trooper is total balls in PVP.

In terms of my guys on Bastian

Level 55 Jedi Shadow
Level 55 smuggler Scoundrel
Level 51 - Trooper Vanguard
Level 53 Sith Juggernaut
Level 55 Sith Assassin
Level 53 Bounty Hunter Mercenary
Level 55 IA Operative
I'm starting up my Jedi Knight to play through the story line this weekend. When I'm done there are a few that I'll replay with different alignments and advanced characters

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 01-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #987
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone wanna start a CP guild? I'm pretty sure I play on Bastion as well.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #988
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I might be interested. I haven't done much Guild stuff.

I had a major heart attack tonight in Section X doing the republic mission. That was the first time I saw the World Monster on that planet. I was doing a daily, someone must have set it loose and died, I was killing some beast and suddenly the earth began to shake and I heard this god awful roar. I must have stepped too close because he aggroed. I came up to his big toe and he completely one shot me with one massive stomp.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #989
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I might be interested. I haven't done much Guild stuff.

I had a major heart attack tonight in Section X doing the republic mission. That was the first time I saw the World Monster on that planet. I was doing a daily, someone must have set it loose and died, I was killing some beast and suddenly the earth began to shake and I heard this god awful roar. I must have stepped too close because he aggroed. I came up to his big toe and he completely one shot me with one massive stomp.

mmmm Dreadtooth, he randomly drops a pretty cool Dread Master mask.

Have you done anything on Oricon yet Capt? The story line there is very cool, you have your final confrontation with the Dread Masters that you let loose while on Belsavis earlier in the game (Imp side anyway), the missions give you (66) gear and the final 2 Operations have some sweet loot as well (relics), Dread Fortress is pretty easy on story mode, Dread Palace is tougher.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #990
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be interested in a guild, are you able to join as a free-to-play user?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #991
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd join a CP guild. It would have to be republic for now as my Imperial guys are out of commission at the moment.

Got my guy to level 16 last night. So far so good!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #992
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
mmmm Dreadtooth, he randomly drops a pretty cool Dread Master mask.

Have you done anything on Oricon yet Capt? The story line there is very cool, you have your final confrontation with the Dread Masters that you let loose while on Belsavis earlier in the game (Imp side anyway), the missions give you (66) gear and the final 2 Operations have some sweet loot as well (relics), Dread Fortress is pretty easy on story mode, Dread Palace is tougher.
I haven't done Oricron yet, I'm going to send my Consulor through Illum and and Makeb then off to Oricron to deal with the dread masters. My Operative and my consular are pretty much all 66 level geared which makes them really hard to kill.

I will admit that with my operative I haven't finished Makeb yet becaues the final Hutt Boss is a complete ####### to beat and I haven't managed to do it yet.

Have you played the Czerka world yet? I hear there are a wack of dailies there.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #993
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I'd join a CP guild. It would have to be republic for now as my Imperial guys are out of commission at the moment.

I can do republic or Empire since all of my characters are at level 53 to 55. I wouldn't mind being a Guide that does some occasional raiding. BTW none of my characters are healers. My Sith Inq has some healing abilities but I've never really worked on how to do it.

My characters are either DPS or Tank.

Yeah I would do a CalgaryPuck guide, We would need to put up our character names here to get the invites out.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #994
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post

So you just got yer ship.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #995
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So you just got yer ship.
Just about. I still have one more quest hub left on Coruscant, and a few Heroic 4+ quests to complete. I used a couple of EXp boosts so I'm a bit ahead of the level curve.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #996
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To be honest I like being a little over powered when I can. First of all it makes you feel like a real bad a$$ and a Jedi when your 2 or 3 levels ahead. It also lets you solo the 2+ heroics and get better drops.

Plus I like to be able to get finished with a planet, go to the fleet and buy the armor from the next planet above the one I'm going to.

At the end of Voss, I also like to go back and do all the dailies from all of the planets no matter how low and redo the heroic missions for planetary comms so I can properly outfit my companions to a high level.

I picked up Tweek for the first time last night from the Cartel market. That little ewok kicks some major butt.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #997
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I haven't done Oricron yet, I'm going to send my Consulor through Illum and and Makeb then off to Oricron to deal with the dread masters. My Operative and my consular are pretty much all 66 level geared which makes them really hard to kill.

I will admit that with my operative I haven't finished Makeb yet becaues the final Hutt Boss is a complete ####### to beat and I haven't managed to do it yet.

Have you played the Czerka world yet? I hear there are a wack of dailies there.
Yeah, Czerka is pretty sweet, easy and really quick. The only pain can sometimes trying to do the the 2 Heroic +2 missions to get your weekly comms, but group finder usually works pretty well for that if you que for story mode instead of hard mode.

Oricon is awesome as well, once you're done the story missions, they turn into Dailies like Makeb.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #998
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will start a republic char and post my username here. What class do we need the most? Sounds like heals. I will give that a whirl, with the companions rolling a healer shouldn't be that bad.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #999
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I will start a republic char and post my username here. What class do we need the most? Sounds like heals. I will give that a whirl, with the companions rolling a healer shouldn't be that bad.
Seems like it. My guy is going to become a tank. Maybe you could roll a Consular Sage?

My current guy is named Komz.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #1000
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, probably a healer would be best, they seem to be the toughest people to find for Flashpoints and operations for some reason.

I don't have the personality for it, I'm more of a kill kill kill.

from what I understand because I'm still figuring this stuff out. You need

Tank jumps in first, stirs things up and draws every agro to him because he's got a high armor rating

DPS type of class ie Sith Assasin etc that spams damage over time

Ranged - a Sniper, sits back and shoots rockets or snipes or spells

Healer - sits back and keeps the players alive

so in terms of characters I do mainly have either DPS or ranged. My Sith Assasin does have some healing as does my bounty hunter power tech. My Sith Jugg is a tank.